Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Future 3D Space Combat


chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
08.28.2013 , 03:49 PM | #711
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayla-Sacura View Post

So when??? You are *developing* it for a year now....how many more,weeks,months,years do you need!?
As many as it takes to finish it and test it.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

aeterno's Avatar


aeterno
08.28.2013 , 03:51 PM | #712
I'm excited for SSSP cos well, I'm excited for anything new.

But deep down we all know it's not gonna be able to hold a candle to games that specialize in that type of game-play. A year ago it would just get blown away by EVE. A year from now Star Citizen will just highlight the inevitable b-grade quality of it further.

So in the end it's just money and dev time down the drain. It's gonna be a huge fan service but honestly, it's not gonna bring in space sim people cos it's not gonna be a space sim, at least not a serious/specialized one. Only people choosing it over niche space sim games are SW fans first, space sim fans 2nd. And they're already here. They're the vocal minority salivating over the prospect of what SSSP could be but probably never will be.

I dare say the resources would have been vastly better spent on porting this game onto a new engine that doesn't get done in by chat bubbles and 40 toons on screen.

chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
08.28.2013 , 03:54 PM | #713
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
I'm excited for SSSP cos well, I'm excited for anything new.

But deep down we all know it's not gonna be able to hold a candle to games that specialize in that type of game-play. A year ago it would just get blown away by EVE. A year from now Star Citizen will just highlight the inevitable b-grade quality of it further.
This may be true, but, I don't like EVE and have no desire to play Star Citizen. What matters is whether their new space combat is fun and has a solid place within this game.

Quote:
So in the end it's just money and dev time down the drain. It's gonna be a huge fan service but honestly, it's not gonna bring in space sim people cos it's not gonna be a space sim, at least not a serious/specialized one. I dare say the resources would have been vastly better spent on porting this game onto a new engine that doesn't get done in by chat bubbles and 40 toons on screen.
We'll just have to see. To some people any money spent on anything they aren't personally into is a waste of dev resources.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

aeterno's Avatar


aeterno
08.28.2013 , 04:07 PM | #714
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
We'll just have to see. To some people any money spent on anything they aren't personally into is a waste of dev resources.
True I suppose. I was just thinking out loud about what the poster above you said. These mythical hoards of players either waiting to come zoom around space in TOR or packing their bags for when Star Citizen comes if BW doesn't deliver (as another guy put it). Hard as I try, I'm just not seeing it. I don't know why people cant' just say "this is something I want for me" and feel the need to exaggerate.

VassagoOmega's Avatar


VassagoOmega
09.01.2013 , 01:40 AM | #715
Quote: Originally Posted by Zertheron View Post
The point is: you have limited resources. You can create 10 new flashpoints or 3D space combat. Not both.
Then I'll take the space combat.

I think you greatly underestimate the number of people who are not just Star Wars fans, but who love 3D space. That in itself will bring people back to this game, or bring them new in the first place.

Many people played SWG ONLY to do SPACE! You don't think the same thing could happen here? Obviously.

It's Star Wars. And until now, we seriously lacked Stars. Hope this turns out for the best.
TURRIS FORTIS MIHI DEUS
Awakened to Redemption A Christian Gaming Guild

Ayla-Sacura's Avatar


Ayla-Sacura
09.01.2013 , 03:07 AM | #716
Quote: Originally Posted by VassagoOmega View Post
Then I'll take the space combat.

I think you greatly underestimate the number of people who are not just Star Wars fans, but who love 3D space. That in itself will bring people back to this game, or bring them new in the first place.

Many people played SWG ONLY to do SPACE! You don't think the same thing could happen here? Obviously.

It's Star Wars. And until now, we seriously lacked Stars. Hope this turns out for the best.
Amen!
Anyway check this out.....it just could be what we wanted ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg9Pokw9jtg
“Sure God created man before woman, but then again you always make a rough draft before creating the final masterpiece.”
Active characters Teut'a & Lysandr'a Progenitor server!
https://www.facebook.com/jovana.milosevic.330

MisterBlackJack's Avatar


MisterBlackJack
09.01.2013 , 06:59 AM | #717
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Right. That's my point from earlier...you assumed earlier when, as you state above, neither of us knows what they make, nor what it would cost.

I sincerely hope they're developing something that'll blow me away...but I doubt they are. I think that unless it's something HUGE, it would be a gamble to invest in the SSSP...because anything "similar" to what we have will be a disappointment. Investors don't want to throw good money after bad. Space, unless it's impressive, is a gamble...which you claimed it wasn't.
ah TUXs my good friend. I hope you are wearing that egg on your face proud as you said to me earlier.

Super Secret Space Project Revealed!
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE