Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changing font size in game

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Changing font size in game
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Glzmo
07.31.2013 , 03:47 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post

I wanted to be sure I post a follow up to Jessia above to let you know that we anticipated this change happening for 2.3. Unfortunately, we've had to move it back to Game Update 2.3.1. If anything else changes, we'll be sure to let you know.

While we don't generally make changes in this manner, we are pleased to be able to provide additional functionality to assist those who are having a negative experience due to being unable to read the Chat Window text at the current maximum size.

That's great! Thank you. How about giving us color blind mode and chat bubbles to improve our experience even further?

BadOrb
08.01.2013 , 10:49 AM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post

I wanted to be sure I post a follow up to Jessia above to let you know that we anticipated this change happening for 2.3. Unfortunately, we've had to move it back to Game Update 2.3.1. If anything else changes, we'll be sure to let you know.

While we don't generally make changes in this manner, we are pleased to be able to provide additional functionality to assist those who are having a negative experience due to being unable to read the Chat Window text at the current maximum size.

I never even knew this was in the pipeline and I have asked for such things a few times as my friend can't see very well and obviously doesn't understand what the hell the non-basic speaking NPC's and companions are talking about. So he will be pleased good job!

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Dunhilll
08.31.2013 , 01:41 PM | #173
I just returned to the game after 6 months and it is completely unplayable withe the item tooltip sizes.

Here is a screenshot with a maxed out UI - please tell me if you can even read the text on the item:

http://i.imgur.com/oGs2j3X.jpg <- Click and tell me if you think this is acceptable

Where is the fix? This thread is over 12 months old!

AlrikFassbauer
09.02.2013 , 05:07 AM | #174
Have you tried the Interface Editor ?
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

danceinstinct
09.02.2013 , 10:29 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by Dunhilll View Post
I just returned to the game after 6 months and it is completely unplayable withe the item tooltip sizes.

Here is a screenshot with a maxed out UI - please tell me if you can even read the text on the item:

http://i.imgur.com/oGs2j3X.jpg <- Click and tell me if you think this is acceptable

Where is the fix? This thread is over 12 months old!
I have to totally agree with you. I have tried maximizing the UI Scale using the interface editor, but it does not increase the tool tip text size when I scroll over items. I really hope the developers fix this, because it seems to be an issue in the game. I would prefer not to lean over the desk or strain my eyes. I think the image you gave was a good example. I run my game on 1920x1080, and the tool tip text is just as bothersome.

MadHobbit
09.09.2013 , 05:57 PM | #176
my fix was to hook my pc up to my 55inch tv, no more size issues

Justsusan
10.17.2013 , 12:08 PM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
I have put my resolution to 800x 600 for the game like I usually have my monitor set to so things aren't as small, and the text doesn't change based on resolution. It only makes it a little less fuzzy having at a higher resolution. I hope they change this a well, being forced to use a magnifying glass on a lot of text is taking away from my normal pace I play at, and is becoming very frustrating.

Finally a thread that I can relate to. I'm glad Im not the only one with this problem. I really enjoy playing the game but straining to read the text from what npc's say or to read a skill or sometimes even an item, really sucks. I've tried everything and nothing works. I do hope they change this and soon.

ImmortalLowlife
10.17.2013 , 12:31 PM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by MadHobbit View Post
my fix was to hook my pc up to my 55inch tv, no more size issues
Mine too lol I hooked my pc to a 50" TV with a hdmi cable & everything is crystal clear.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

erulian
12.15.2013 , 01:04 AM | #179
What we need is the ability to increase the text chat in the UI, not scale it up, the chat font has been fixed is thankfully but the rest needs improvement. I can't read tool tips and I've already had to quit once in because the eyestrain was so bad. Its not just the tool tips either, or the chat font, If you increase the size of your UI beyond 1, some screens get cropped to the point you can't activate certain things, like in the Map. I do not want larger Icons, I want more readable text fonts and a colorblind mode for the UI text would help too. Come on, other games have UIs that just work and look good. I will not spend money getting a huge TV just to play a game I am already paying a good amount of money to play.

shadownion
02.11.2014 , 09:10 AM | #180
Dont count on that happining bioware is a retard