Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dread fortress tanking

Gnimish
08.30.2013 , 08:01 PM | #1
So just wanted to post some of my thoughts so far. Im a shadow tank mix of 69's/72's around 2200 stat. Im not best tank in the world. Ill post parses when i get off work and figure out how to upload them the first boss is pretty simple for tanks don't got to worry about adds, is a short fight. We did it in 2 minutes, but he hits like s truck. At one point his twin strikes hit me for 31k. Needless to say i died. There was no cast no warning. Other twin strikes hit me for around 3500. So not sure why that one hit me so hard.

The second boss im not sure about him guardian tank had him. I was on adds. Pretty much at any time there are 6 adds nothing to really worry about, except dismantlers. Dont hit to hard except a 1 sec cast called strong swipe. If you miss it. It is death, first one hit me for 80k second hit me for 71k. We never did beat second boss. Anyone else have any parses from new op? Have similar issues. Again ill post parses when i can.

Vaidinah
08.31.2013 , 02:06 AM | #2
For the first boss, you want the other tank to be right next to you or you take a massive amount of damage from Twin Strike.
The Harbinger
Intrepid

Guardian/Juggernaut Tank Guide: From Beginner to Master

Gnimish
08.31.2013 , 03:02 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaidinah View Post
For the first boss, you want the other tank to be right next to you or you take a massive amount of damage from Twin Strike.
Thanks that is good to know. Did you notice any tank swaps on first boss? We were swapping at roar, not sure how they came up with that

Vaidinah
08.31.2013 , 08:03 AM | #4
I don't know if there is a forced tank swap as I just healing at the time when we tried, but our tanks did swap anyways just for the sake of alternating defensive cooldowns in HM.
The Harbinger
Intrepid

Guardian/Juggernaut Tank Guide: From Beginner to Master

Gnimish
08.31.2013 , 08:42 AM | #5
Okay i didn't notice any forced tank swaps but we beat him second try so mot alot of time to learn it all