Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Species

Ajwoodley
08.25.2013 , 12:42 PM | #1
I know that we've just had another species, (Good work bioware on the cathar species) but I think almost everyone on SWTOR will agree with me on this one.

The Togruta.

Who hasn't wanted to do character based of Shaak Ti or Ahsoka Tanu?

I know I would, reply if you would too.

Emiris
08.27.2013 , 04:05 AM | #2
I would also use this species also other species like kel dor and neuotolen ect

Scryer
08.28.2013 , 08:15 AM | #3
Species like that would be awkward because they won't be able to use most helmets, just look at Twi'leks.

That being said, new helmets could be implemented, or maybe re-model current helmets to "fit" the head designs of the new races.

My personal choice would be:

Kel Dor (Tricky, seeing as their voices would have to be voice-modulated and the females of the species aren't known for their beauty, by human standards of course)

Nautolan

Kaleesh

Taung (The original Mandalorians, can be brought back through cloning or some other mcguffin)

Bi-pedal droid (This won't happen since they can't be Jedi and Sith classes, and would also require a truck load of new voice acting to fit into the story, it remains a pipe-dream of mine)
PCGAMER

Mint Imperials

lordbumholio
08.28.2013 , 05:43 PM | #4
I think the cathar species was great. but im on the the verge of going to a different game. all im asking is make a few more species and classes or its bye bye star wars

KevMeup
08.28.2013 , 06:37 PM | #5
From what I saw in one of the devs videos they said: Because of the way the game was coded originally, it is extremely difficult for them to add new species (they learned that while adding Cats). So they are not planning on adding any new ones again soon.
Kevgent - GuildMaster of <Show Me Your Crits> - The Harbinger
Like Us On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/smycs
Always Recruiting | Companion Guide | PVP Tanking Guide

Izorii
08.29.2013 , 01:41 PM | #6
Personally I would like to play a Kel'dor, a Gran or a Trandoshan.

DaShuk
08.30.2013 , 02:59 PM | #7
We've(some of us I guess...not as many as a year ago) been clamoring for Togruta for a good while now, especially since there are so many you interact with in your storylines and there is already a companion. Shaak Ti being my favorite Jedi, I really wanted to play one. There used to be a ton of threads on this when the player base was a bit larger.

DarthEthan
11.20.2013 , 10:10 PM | #8
I want Bothans badly. Devaronians would be cool too. Maybe Bothans for the Republic and Devaronians for Empire. And of course with the legacy system, you can cross faction. Idk why people like togrutas and Kel Dor so much though.

Bothans and Devaronians!!!

And add facial hair for Chiss!!!
I love RP, but some people take it TOO far

Proud owner of a pre-ordered Collector's Edition
Spoiler

NyxNoxNothing
11.21.2013 , 10:27 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthEthan View Post
I want Bothans badly.
But then the game would have to kill your character every time you did a courier, fetch or intelligence-gathering mission. Would it really be worth it?

NyxNoxNothing
11.24.2013 , 12:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Scryer View Post
Bi-pedal droid (This won't happen since they can't be Jedi and Sith classes, and would also require a truck load of new voice acting to fit into the story, it remains a pipe-dream of mine)
Actually it wouldn't take that much new voice acting. Just apply modulation to the existing character voices and use the dialog trees for aliens with droid replacing alien. For the voice acted NPC parts just record the voice actors saying "droid" in a condescending, contemptuous voice and edit it in wherever "alien" is said in the original sound files. For Jedi or Sith droids just give them midichlorian tanks that their brains are immersed in or some similar handwavium. Or disallow droids as a species selection for Jedi and Sith. Whichever.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.