Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

<Death and Taxes> vs. HM Dread Fortress

FridgeLM
08.30.2013 , 08:04 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by JDotter View Post
If you feel having new raids to do is fun rather than having fights like pre nerf DG, thrasher, NM EC and encounters like that its fine difference of opinion.
I didn't express a preference of one over another, but I recognize that we're not going to get a super challenging ops experience in 2.4 because I know how the content cycle works and don't really have a problem with it. I don't have any data to back it up but my gut feeling is you'd be one of very few people who'd be happy to keep doing old content. I know for a fact that most in DNT, for example, can't stand going into TFB at this point (we're actually letting the lockout rot this week).
<Death and Taxes>

paowee
08.30.2013 , 11:28 AM | #62
Reading pages 5-7 and people talking about gear and difficulty of "Hard Mode" content.

For the more hardcore guilds with people sitting in ~14/15 KD gear on ALTS, definitely the new Hard Mode is going to be easier. But remember only a small part of the population (im guessing) even plays at that level. I for example have ~min maxed alts 2 tiers ago (Underworld) ago but last tier (or this tier rather--KD) i don't even have a SINGLE toon at min maxed level. I now categorize myself as a casual pve player (if i use my gear as an example). And now when this new operation comes out, it WILL be difficult for me (and people with my gear level as well).

Only the really hardcore guilds will have an issue with this New hardmode operation being too easy (basing from this heroics/ops/flashpoints forums... i have more toes and fingers than 8-man NiM guilds constantly killing Styrak (and posting it on the NiM raid parses thread).

The rest of "us" normal folks will still have a hard time with it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
ETotally agree with Fridge. New tier equals new gear. It also adds more motivation to do it. No fun in going into a new tier already having all the drops.
I'm looking forward to this lol. If I can get a new tier from this Hard Mode that would be great
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Arenatah
08.30.2013 , 02:26 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by e_nk_ay View Post
Good to know, thanks! That's the consensus we came to at the end of the night (having to DPS them down) but we wasted a good 3-4 attempts out of maybe 10 total by Taunting the boss in the middle, which comically makes her turn and fire the laser in your direction but it's still "moving" (invisibly) clockwise. Made us think that was the mechanic but then we clearly kept dying. We were running pug Marauder, pug Sniper in UW/Arkanian, Sniper in UW/KD and KD Marauder so the DPS was far lighter than what we're accustomed to bringing.
^^^^^^
I was the UW/KD sniper and I'll be the first to admit that I'm still getting a grasp on things (mostly marks lol) as I switched mains. I'd like to think I've got a good handle on lethality but that's obviously not going to be a good option on this fight given the upfront burst required. Had the normal A-Team been on it's going to be totally doable with a clean transition (no orbs, no kephess up) with multiple precasted orbitals The DPS check is obviously a very tight one on the c'thun laser phase in HM on the PTS right now so while we're all pretty much fine with the difficulty, an UW geared group is going to have a lot of trouble making that DPS check, so I imagine BW is going to nerf it (even though they could probably leave it as is since you could just farm the other bosses for gear, they've made it pretty clear through the other raids that they want you to be able to down basically everything in the gear you come in with).
Retired POT5 Sorc. I failed to heal to full.

RIP IN PIECES ANSALEM. NVR5GET, NEVER5URRENDER.
Beslley - DPS sorc | Arenatah - Snoipah | Nef'arian - DPS op

paowee
08.30.2013 , 02:32 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Arenatah View Post
they've made it pretty clear through the other raids that they want you to be able to down basically everything in the gear you come in with).
Gear you come in with = Full UW or KD?

also why is Dom RIP?

Arenatah
08.30.2013 , 03:48 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Gear you come in with = Full UW or KD?

also why is Dom RIP?
I was under the impression that it was tuned for people to be able to clear it in UW. I'm more KD than UW; IMHO if people are in Ark/UW or even full UW they are going to have a tough time making that dps check on c'thun laser phase.

I know in WoW that they don't necessarily expect people to clear everything in one week (or at least that's how it used to be, I haven't played for a while), wheras things in SWTOR seemed to be tuned a bit softer. That it's their design expectation that this be the case is armchair speculation on my part, I admit.

He got perma'd. Muh feels.
Retired POT5 Sorc. I failed to heal to full.

RIP IN PIECES ANSALEM. NVR5GET, NEVER5URRENDER.
Beslley - DPS sorc | Arenatah - Snoipah | Nef'arian - DPS op

paowee
08.30.2013 , 04:03 PM | #66
ಥ_ಥ