Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

<Death and Taxes> vs. HM Dread Fortress

Noxxiq
08.28.2013 , 08:07 PM | #31
There's nothing embarrassing about defeating a broken fight.

You know what's embarrassing? Having inside info for boss fights and still failing to clear it. Either that's TFB,SnV,DF,DP etc.

e_nk_ay
08.29.2013 , 07:30 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by maebeebuzz View Post
1. Yes the boss is BROKEN. We never said it wasn't, and we knew because of your stream it was not WAI due to your guild member doing Austin testing. That aside, the 5 of us in there from SuckaFish, 2 EU players from the Reckoning, and Nibbon from Severity, decided to see if we could still do it to see the rest of the place. So we beat the broken boss, that's pretty cool imo. We realize it doesn't MEAN anything, but its still fun to brag about. (You all know you would too).
I can assure you no one in DnT would brag about killing a boss on PTS (especially Hard Mode), and no one would update the front page with it. I don't know how that would reflect on the 1000+ unique hits our website still gets a day, but I'm willing to bet most people would think it was very stupid and it would ruin that sick nasty ad revenue.

Instead of working on a boss that we know will be changed for the three reasons I mentioned in my previous post, we decided to gear out our new recruits on Live. I would have liked to have seen you folks go in for Dragonslayer instead of bragging about a broken boss that'll never exist again since PTS is down.

As far as people "hating us", that just tells me we're doing something right. I've been in DnT since WoW Beta and timmys have hated us since Day 1, oh well.
<Death and Taxes>
Enkay - 55 Juggernaut, GM
Enque - 55 Mercenary Nkay - 55 Marauder Enkaye - 55 Assassin Enkayy - 55 Commando

FlyinSpaghetti
08.29.2013 , 10:19 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by e_nk_ay View Post
I can assure you no one in DnT would brag about killing a boss on PTS (especially Hard Mode), and no one would update the front page with it. .
Wasn't this thread meant to be a blag thread? The title says <Death and Taxes> vs. HM Dread Fortress so I'm assuming you guys were trying to attempt a first clear of this op on the PTS for blagging rights otherwise why would this thread exist at all?
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Huckdabuck
08.29.2013 , 10:41 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
Wasn't this thread meant to be a blag thread? The title says <Death and Taxes> vs. HM Dread Fortress so I'm assuming you guys were trying to attempt a first clear of this op on the PTS for blagging rights otherwise why would this thread exist at all?
Whoopsie! Where's muh popcorn!
Server: Harbinger
Guild - [E] W.T.F. [R] Foxtrot Tango Whiskey
Toons: Huckdabuck and any toon that the first 5 letters are Texas
Forums make us stupid!

e_nk_ay
08.29.2013 , 11:14 AM | #35
What did your mom tell you about assuming? That's not the reason. I'm sure Rhom just wanted viewers, and new content gets viewers.
<Death and Taxes>
Enque - 55 Mercenary Nkay - 55 Marauder Enkaye - 55 Assassin Enkayy - 55 Commando

Rocanon
08.29.2013 , 11:15 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Huckdabuck View Post
Whoopsie! Where's muh popcorn!
The popcorn is bugged so if you actually eat any I'm going to have to try and publicly shame you.

Thats just how it works.

Huckdabuck
08.29.2013 , 11:42 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Rocanon View Post
The popcorn is bugged so if you actually eat any I'm going to have to try and publicly shame you.

Thats just how it works.
but....but...but.....awww screw it.....I gots pie!
Forums make us stupid!

Huckdabuck
08.29.2013 , 11:44 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by e_nk_ay View Post
What did your mom tell you about assuming? That's not the reason. I'm sure Rhom just wanted viewers, and new content gets viewers.
Assumption presented as fact? Pot meet kettle if so!
Forums make us stupid!

e_nk_ay
08.29.2013 , 11:53 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Huckdabuck View Post
Assumption presented as fact? Pot meet kettle if so!
I am sure Rhom did it for viewers because that's what he said, himself, on the VOD and in-game. No assuming on my part.
<Death and Taxes>

paowee
08.29.2013 , 12:16 PM | #40
Aside from what you mentioned it also serves as a preview of upcoming content for people who aren't really keen on doing PTS stuff (anymore), those who have other priorities, or those who don't have time to log in and download the PTS. Previews/teasers hype things up which is always good.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records