Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A few very basic questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
A few very basic questions

Halloween_Jack
12.23.2011 , 04:52 AM | #1
Hi folks, Can I ask a few noob questions?

1) For some reason I was under the impression you could leave your companions crafting etc while you were logged off. I thought this meant you could queue up missions etc, but I can only seem to queue 5 crafts and only 1 gathering/mission? Am I missing something?

2) I'm tempted by some of the other skills. Is there anything stopping me taking an alt to L10 and have them do the others? I mean is anything level restricted or any other issues with sharing resources through the post?

3) What happens when you get to 400? Is there another tier or something?

4) What is the chance of a crit success and is there a way of increasing it?

5) How does the crafting xp (CXP?) work? It seems you get 0,1 or 2 for varying difficulties, anything else I should know?

Any hep or tips greatly appreciated

Darzil
12.23.2011 , 04:57 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Halloween_Jack View Post
Hi folks, Can I ask a few noob questions?

1) For some reason I was under the impression you could leave your companions crafting etc while you were logged off. I thought this meant you could queue up missions etc, but I can only seem to queue 5 crafts and only 1 gathering/mission? Am I missing something?

2) I'm tempted by some of the other skills. Is there anything stopping me taking an alt to L10 and have them do the others? I mean is anything level restricted or any other issues with sharing resources through the post?

3) What happens when you get to 400? Is there another tier or something?

4) What is the chance of a crit success and is there a way of increasing it?

5) How does the crafting xp (CXP?) work? It seems you get 0,1 or 2 for varying difficulties, anything else I should know?

Any hep or tips greatly appreciated
1. You can only queue up 5 crafts and 1 gathering/mission, per companion (up to a limit, sometimes you'll have more limit than companions, sometimes more companions than limit).

2. No, nothing. Not even sure you need level 10, might just need to reach Fleet.

3. There is getting the schematics you want, through trade, luck, missions or reverse engineering. With 18 blue/purple schematics for every green schematic in the armour and weapon crafts, that'll take far, far longer than levelling up crafting, should you want to be completest.

4. Not sure, I'm guessing 5 or 10%, from what I've seen. Some companions increase crit chance for some crew skills.

5. That's about it.

Some nice stickies that say a lot in this forum.

Halloween_Jack
12.23.2011 , 05:01 AM | #3
Thanks. That's a lot of help.

I'm just wading through those stickys but hadn't noticed my questions yet.

Good news about using alts. And as for the rest of it, at least I know I'm not completely missing the point.

Thanks again.