Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best PvP class to Main.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Best PvP class to Main.

Achyllis
08.27.2013 , 06:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by psybernetic View Post
Bullsh*t, every DPS spec should be within 5% of the others, same with heals and tanks. You can take your hybrid tax and stuff it.
Meh so we disagree. Playing strict dps 24/7 is boring as hell. Those folks should be rewarded.
The Harbinger server
Sneakey - Scoundrel healer, refugee from Bloodfin in SWG

Stories completed: Operative, Sorcerer, Scoundrel, Mercenary, Juggernaut, Trooper

Laforet
08.27.2013 , 06:51 AM | #12
The marauder
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Zoom_VI
08.27.2013 , 07:10 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Achyllis View Post
Meh so we disagree. Playing strict dps 24/7 is boring as hell. Those folks should be rewarded.
That's why the straight dps classes are the only classes with healing debuffs, and a multitude of raid utility such as transcendence, inspiration, scrambling field, not to mention the best DcD's of any dps specs. That is their compensation, not total dps output
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

sithBracer
08.27.2013 , 07:42 AM | #14
Did anyone (who isn't meming-is that correct spelling?) actually read what he is looking for before offering him ops healer/marauders? He is looking for a RANGED DPS. With that said, snipers would be a great choice for your first character. The learning curve is a bit high in the beginning but they are easy to master once you get over learning curve of this class.

At least 2 of their skill trees are playable in PvP, imperial agents have the best story in the game (since this is your first character take some time to enjoy the story-you will never have another first time lol), and they are very fun to play.

Monterone
08.27.2013 , 04:34 PM | #15
Sniper is the best ranged class. As mentioned above, it will take a couple of days to get used to the cover mechanic and using it efficiently but after that it's a pretty simple and straightforward class to play. Compared to the merc and sorc, who have to learn to be excellent at kiting and off healing, a sniper is very much easier to play and master.

Although, in a game where people don't know what they're doing and you have no heals on your team, it can get a little frustrating not being able to h2f.
Saminette
<DMG Ctrl> <Purple Cog>
Harbinger

ErikGW
08.27.2013 , 04:50 PM | #16
Every class played well is viable.

Notes on the hybrid classes:
- Scouperatives make better healers than dps
- comm/mercs make better dps than heals
- sorcs/sages are great for healing, and when dps they can heal to full (*sigh*)
-PT/vans are great tanks, but their dps blows
-jugg/guard is great all around ezmode
- sin/shadow is great all around too.

The pure dps classes are great as long as you play them well. The simplicity of smash mara/sent attracts many... both good and bad players.

Ultimately all classes played by a good player are better than bad players playing the FOTM win build.
Jung ma: Nyshka, Nyshkal, Nyshkai, Nyshkar, Nyskali, Nyshkan, Nyshkae of Gold Nugget Gang
There are other names i can't exactly remember. True altaholic.

KevMeup
08.27.2013 , 07:55 PM | #17
If you are looking for ranged DPS with a secondary, I'd recommend Sorc. It's very strong on DPS and Very Strong for healing. (Ignore all the QQ on forums)

If you're looking for mainly DPS then go commando/merc, they are a bit stronger on the dps, but painful on the healing.

If you're looking for Melee DPS, I would recommend a Jug, they are strong dps and probably the best tank.

Or Operative which is the best healer (IMO) and has Marauder level melee DPS (just a bit more squishy when dpsing).

My personal favorite characters are Operative for heals and Sorc for ranged dps, I enjoy swapping both of them around though as needed.
Kevgent - <Show Me Your Crits> - The Harbinger
My companion parses over 5k dps in HM Star Fortress, does yours?
Companion Use and Optimization Guide

Achyllis
08.28.2013 , 09:09 AM | #18
Finally there is the Operative story line. Don't miss it. It's worth rolling one into the 40s just to play through the story.
The Harbinger server
Sneakey - Scoundrel healer, refugee from Bloodfin in SWG

Stories completed: Operative, Sorcerer, Scoundrel, Mercenary, Juggernaut, Trooper

Ottoattack
08.28.2013 , 09:46 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Hexedpk View Post
hey new to swtor and looking for some advice on a main char to roll with i dont think i would ever make 2 chars on this game with the amount of free time so with all that said im looking for a ranged dps class with 2 different playstyles such as dps range/melee or ranged/healer or melee/healer ect.

in short if you could have just 1 class only ever what would it be also pros/cons please.
There are 3 classes that can heal and dps. Merc has best dps and worst healer. Ops has the best healer by a margin but weaker dps (at leats PvP wise), but has stealth and melee atks. Sorc is a reasonable dps and a healer.

If you are willing to forgo the healing part, sniper is the best ranged dps.

Sathid
08.28.2013 , 12:26 PM | #20
Just find one that fit's your playstyle.

I have played them all and i admit i am more comfortable with the gun class's than the lightsaber one's.