Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Practice Mode

PetFish
08.26.2013 , 10:41 PM | #1
I'd love to be able to get my regular team into an empty map to discuss strategies and game plans, especially with the tighter 4v4 ranked coming up. Even helping new players unfamiliar with PvP in a practice map would be fun.

So, is there any chance can we get some kind of PvP Practice Mode where it's just us in an empty map to figure stuff out?
Need a referral link? Here's mine if you want to help me out:
http://www.swtor.com/r/SYTfDw
Need help with any Datacrons? Look me up:
Harbinger | D'alari'ia Republic | F'alconi'ia Imperial

FrogSkin
08.26.2013 , 11:30 PM | #2
Maybe to help with this, they could make a group duel request.

That way teams on the same side can use this to enable the above request.
Medicare - L55 Scoundrel, Tripflare - L55 Vanguard, Refactor - L55 Commando, FrogSkin - L55 Guardian, Hotchilli - L55 Shadow, Dropbear - L55 Sentinel, Bloodlust - L55 Operative,Dr˘pbear - L55 Juggernaut, Nullbyte - L55 Marauder,Fire-starter - L55 Powertech,

Kegparty
08.27.2013 , 01:11 AM | #3
Would be cool

Draqsko
08.27.2013 , 04:33 PM | #4
Get your 4 man premade, queue regular, get 4 man arena pop versus pug group = practice mode.

ErikGW
08.27.2013 , 04:38 PM | #5
Practice mode is level 10-54.

Enjoy!

And, any decent 4-man premades in wzs now should be good in arenas. It's just kill kill kill. It's not complicated.
Jung ma: Nyshka, Nyshkal, Nyshkai, Nyshkar, Nyskali, Nyshkan, Nyshkae of Gold Nugget Gang
There are other names i can't exactly remember. True altaholic.

PetFish
08.27.2013 , 11:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Draqsko View Post
Get your 4 man premade, queue regular, get 4 man arena pop versus pug group = practice mode.
Not the same thing. I'm not talking about having team practices to beat up on pugs, I'm talking about being able to talk strategy and try new "plays" in an empty practice field.

PetFish
08.27.2013 , 11:06 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ErikGW View Post
Practice mode is level 10-54.

Enjoy!

And, any decent 4-man premades in wzs now should be good in arenas. It's just kill kill kill. It's not complicated.
Also not the same thing. Anyone can beat up on pugs with a premade. With the new 4v4 ranked coming up it's important to be able to figure things out and especially when playing a team we know about how to play specifically to counter their tendencies.

And it *is* complicated... what class abilities do you have? What will you do if you have this and that but not those? How many stealths do we have this time that we didn't have last time?

If they want to take ranked seriously at all we need some kind of practice field to work out on.

ErikGW
08.27.2013 , 11:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by PetFish View Post
Also not the same thing. Anyone can beat up on pugs with a premade. With the new 4v4 ranked coming up it's important to be able to figure things out and especially when playing a team we know about how to play specifically to counter their tendencies.

And it *is* complicated... what class abilities do you have? What will you do if you have this and that but not those? How many stealths do we have this time that we didn't have last time?

If they want to take ranked seriously at all we need some kind of practice field to work out on.
Is this game really that difficult for you?

I will simplify for you:
Step #1: kill their healer
Step #2: kill their dps
Step #3: kill their tank (if they even brought a tank, which in ranked may not even be viable)

"Plays" in an arena? Stealth? Mostly irrelevant in a team deathmatch environment unless you or the other team is planning to hide til the gas comes in.

There are obstacles to use for LOS but other than that it's kill their healer and mop up the rest. If you are thinking beyond that, i'm sorry to say you will be very disappointed with arenas.

I predict the two most effective arena FOTM groups will be:
1. Jugg tank, sorc heal, carnage mara, engy sniper
2. Veng/immortal hybrid jugg, op healer, 2 engy snipers or 2 carny maras.

It would be nice to see the neglected classes get some love, but that won't happen in 2.4.
Jung ma: Nyshka, Nyshkal, Nyshkai, Nyshkar, Nyskali, Nyshkan, Nyshkae of Gold Nugget Gang
There are other names i can't exactly remember. True altaholic.

PetFish
08.28.2013 , 12:31 AM | #9
Why are you being a dick to me?

All teams, regardless of what sport they play, like to have practices and this is no different.

The game is not difficult for me and I'm just trying to get something together here. What's your problem?

Dragores
08.28.2013 , 12:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ErikGW View Post

I will simplify for you:
Step #1: kill their healer
Step #2: kill their dps
Step #3: kill their tank (if they even brought a tank, which in ranked may not even be viable)
Most of the times, the healer has to be cc'd and one of the damagdealers is first to die in arenas.

There won't be a practice mode. Regs are practice. If you want to try out some tactics you have to do this in regs.
There you can try out fancy tactics etc.
Agent Kamrov, Concealment
VC - Czerka Corporation

Open your mind. Be formless, shapeless.