Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gear Drop in the two new Operations 2.4

JettZor
08.27.2013 , 01:24 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by XCRunnerohtim View Post
Has it been explicitly said that 2.4 will launch with a new tier of gear? All I know is that they said that a new tier of gear would accompany the new operations. To me, it is reasonable that NiM would drop the new tier given past experience. If HM dropped the new tier then it would have to require KD to complete. That just doesn't seem in-line with what we've seen from BW in the past (i.e. HM isn't necessarily accessible to the casual raider, but it is accessible to the casual guild).

I just don't see them limiting HM to the very elite guilds that have their raid members decked out in full KD already. To me it seems much more reasonable that SM would require 69s and drop 72s, HM will require 72s and drop 75's, and then NiM (somewhere down the road) requires 75s and drops the new tier. Of course this is all speculation, as we don't know what BW will actually do and I haven't even been on the PTS. It just seems this has been the method they've used in the past.
Yeah, it would be accessible by non-elitist guilds, because if HM drops the new tier, SM could drop underworld and KD, so it would be easy to get KD geared.

FlyinSpaghetti
08.27.2013 , 03:06 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkOnesEye View Post
I heard, dont remember where so cant defend it. Recomended for SM was Underworld and it drops 74's (not 75's Kell Dragon), with HM needing 74 Plus rating with the new tier of gear (above 75 Kell Dragon) droping.
Something like this could be right, they didn't say there would be just one tier of new PvE gear.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Ardarell_Solo
08.27.2013 , 03:18 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MitchPB View Post

Has it been explicitly said that 2.4 will launch with a new tier of gear?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6555457

Zitat:
October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:
The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.
New Operation: Dread Fortress
New Operation: Dread Palace
New 4v4 Warzone Arenas
New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear
<- They are only saying they are bringing "New PvE Gear", not exactly that they are bringing a new "TIER of gear". So it could be just design/colours or maybe a new set bonus...
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage)
Craeg (Scoundrel) | Dacs (Commando) | Vayus (Guardian)
<Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> Tank und rDD gesucht! Infos HIER.
T3-M4

Atlanis
08.27.2013 , 03:46 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Solar_Breeze View Post
Weekly Quest on PTS said:

Recommended Gear level:
Story Mode: Item Rating 156
Hard Mode: Item Rating 162

So would guess from that maybe a new set bonus for 72 (SM) / 75 (HM)

Gearing people into 75's ready for next NiM progression
True and the new nightmare will be released as this the last update around december i think as a "Christmas present?"

I think you will find in the nightmare the new gear (77 oder 78ish), giving or 2-5% Players who already have actually cleared the current nightmare a little headstart in optimizing ther 75ish gear. In the German Community at least you can count the guilds who can farm more than bracers and belts with the 10 fingers of your hand. I would say that more than half of the active raiding guilds hasn´t even cleared darvanis and asation hard mode yet. They don´t need to do the big jumps they had to do with Denova due to the much smaller group of people beeing full 72 or let alone full 75 in comparison to Rakata at that time

+ I think 75ish will be reconstructable in October or November (or December whenever the 77ish gets available), would like to see them continue the itemspiralmethod they used, with the 55 operation, giving the best gear only to some in the "Nightmare" and making it avaible to all in the "normal progression" aka Hardmode when releasing new PvE Operations.
Arminus
Guildleader - Omnikron - @Jarkai Sword
"Guarded by the Force should be renamed Seppuku"

Amantino
08.27.2013 , 04:20 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
<- They are only saying they are bringing "New PvE Gear", not exactly that they are bringing a new "TIER of gear". So it could be just design/colours or maybe a new set bonus...
With "New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear" they mention PvE and PvP gear in the same sentence, and we already know there will be a new PvP tier. So if "New Elder Game" means new tier for PvP, it most likely does the same for PvE.

I'm guessing they'll add it on PTS soon, among with the new raids. I doubt bioware will release unfinished operations.
Jennifér - Marauder
<Reckoning>

The Red Eclipse

Godly_CzL
08.27.2013 , 10:00 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by XCRunnerohtim View Post
Has it been explicitly said that 2.4 will launch with a new tier of gear? All I know is that they said that a new tier of gear would accompany the new operations. To me, it is reasonable that NiM would drop the new tier given past experience. If HM dropped the new tier then it would have to require KD to complete. That just doesn't seem in-line with what we've seen from BW in the past (i.e. HM isn't necessarily accessible to the casual raider, but it is accessible to the casual guild).

I just don't see them limiting HM to the very elite guilds that have their raid members decked out in full KD already. To me it seems much more reasonable that SM would require 69s and drop 72s, HM will require 72s and drop 75's, and then NiM (somewhere down the road) requires 75s and drops the new tier. Of course this is all speculation, as we don't know what BW will actually do and I haven't even been on the PTS. It just seems this has been the method they've used in the past.
Making the new OPs SM require (72) and drop (75), and HM's require (75) and drops (new high level gear) is not unreasonable at all. This just forces people to progress as follows: Ding 55, FP's, SM TFB/SV, HM TFB/SV, then either NiM TFB/SV or New OPs SM, New OPs HM.

That seems very reasonable to me. Yes only the most geared teams will be able to compete in the new HM's quickly, but it forces a reasonable progression. Otherwise I could take a fresh 55 and have them running the new Operations on HM in 3 weeks.

IF for some reason the new HM's only require (72) gear then the new operations are not a progression based addition to the game. They would stand much more as equals to TFB and SV instead of ahead of them in a linear content POV. I fully expect the new SM's to require (72) gear. I hope, I hope, I hope.

XCRunnerohtim
08.27.2013 , 12:11 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Godly_CzL View Post
Making the new OPs SM require (72) and drop (75), and HM's require (75) and drops (new high level gear) is not unreasonable at all. This just forces people to progress as follows: Ding 55, FP's, SM TFB/SV, HM TFB/SV, then either NiM TFB/SV or New OPs SM, New OPs HM.

That seems very reasonable to me. Yes only the most geared teams will be able to compete in the new HM's quickly, but it forces a reasonable progression. Otherwise I could take a fresh 55 and have them running the new Operations on HM in 3 weeks.

IF for some reason the new HM's only require (72) gear then the new operations are not a progression based addition to the game. They would stand much more as equals to TFB and SV instead of ahead of them in a linear content POV. I fully expect the new SM's to require (72) gear. I hope, I hope, I hope.
Oh I'm not saying I personally don't think its reasonable to require 72s for SM if we're talking progression. BUT the general attitude with BW so far seems to be that they want casual players to be able to access SM (hence STORY mode). A casual player has a difficult time getting 72s. And if they didn't require 72s for SM I just couldn't see them jumping to requiring 75s for HM. Again, this isn't something I'm advocating, just something I think likely from their past releases.

I do like the idea a poster above had about one op being significantly harder than the other and requiring a higher level of gear. Meaning Dread Fortress requires only 69s for SM and drops 72s while HM requires 72s and drops 75s. BUT then Dread Palace SM requires 72s etc. In my mind, that would require higher gear to even access SM but would still be in-line with BW's policy of casual players being able to access SM of all ops. As much as raiders (I include myself in this group) want harder content, I just don't see BW restricting SM to a high degree, thats all.

EDIT: Though I do realize if only Dread Palace HM dropped the new tier, then we wouldn't have a complete set. So basically, I don't think there's any way to predict the new gear requirements. We'll just have to wait and see whats released
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Tekldon - 55 Jedi Sentinel
Dregrima - 50 Sith Marauder Kaycono - 47 Jedi Sage

ancksunamur
08.27.2013 , 02:45 PM | #28
After reading the gear needed for the new operation, no offense unless they don't release it on the PTR then the progression of it is truly flawed cause any Hard Core guild has already geared their progression team FAR past whats need and can muscle their way through. So the progression will no kidding kinda suck cause it will be a matter of hours which honestly am sure most guilds will agree won't prove a thing and the world and us first will go to the team that goes in when the servers go up., and leaves us waiting till at least December to see a Nightmare mode. Forgive me for the lack of enthusiasm, nothing like killing the little competition the game supports
HMFiC of SuckaFish - Empire (The Bastion)

http://SuckaFish.enjin.com
50 Powertech: Donn

RakeshZeal
08.27.2013 , 02:53 PM | #29
I dont know if anyone had mentioned this is far but for the weekly, SM requires 156, HM requires 168. Thus I think it would be safe to assume that no new gear til NiM of these ops.

I agree, New look maybe new set bonus thats about it unless it drops a half tier of gear aka 75-77 instead of 78.
-The Harbingers Legacy

JDotter
08.27.2013 , 03:21 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ancksunamur View Post
After reading the gear needed for the new operation, no offense unless they don't release it on the PTR then the progression of it is truly flawed cause any Hard Core guild has already geared their progression team FAR past whats need and can muscle their way through. So the progression will no kidding kinda suck cause it will be a matter of hours which honestly am sure most guilds will agree won't prove a thing and the world and us first will go to the team that goes in when the servers go up., and leaves us waiting till at least December to see a Nightmare mode. Forgive me for the lack of enthusiasm, nothing like killing the little competition the game supports
Going to be so lame for those of us in almost min/maxed 75 gear if it is this way. Waiting 4-5 month for NM might be a killer for some and only other thing to do is gear alts to 75.