Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BiS Tanking relics for each class *confused*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Tanking
BiS Tanking relics for each class *confused*

Hockaday
08.25.2013 , 06:26 PM | #11
Hrm, from reading, the absorb proc for sins is better than healing at a higher dps, think only NM content, correct?
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

Kuciwalker
08.27.2013 , 09:20 AM | #12
Why is ephemeral mending good for Shadows but not for Vanguards? At least on fights where the boss has a cleave, it seems like Ephemeral Mending would proc (almost) as often for a Vanguard as for a Shadow.

LoRdTyRANTz
08.27.2013 , 09:41 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kuciwalker View Post
Why is ephemeral mending good for Shadows but not for Vanguards? At least on fights where the boss has a cleave, it seems like Ephemeral Mending would proc (almost) as often for a Vanguard as for a Shadow.
And yet people still wonder why their class is no up to par. Proof here that it is not the class but the player.

Kuciwalker
08.27.2013 , 10:18 AM | #14
Was that supposed to be a dig at me? If so, it seems much less useful than just straightforwardly explaining where the error is.

MillionsKNives
08.27.2013 , 11:32 AM | #15
Don't mind him, he seems to prefer trolling to rational discussion.

I'm not very familiar with Powertechs, but I assume you're referring to some kind of healing proc on your cell? I think the difference would be because of both the proc on Assassin's charge as well as the 3 ticks of force lightning, Assassins are much more likely to proc the healing relic at a greater frequency than a Powertech would. The difference in frequency being the difference between "very useful" and "could be useful but others are better".

That said, I believe the current theory is that proc absorb and proc defense are best for all tanks now, including Assassins.

Kuciwalker
08.27.2013 , 11:36 AM | #16
Vanguards (DPS and tank) get some very minor healing when they take AOE damage - 2.5% of total health, 3s rate limit. That's an average of 6s-ish to proc the healing relic. I haven't played a shadow and don't know how frequently their self-heals actually happen, but that puts an upper bound of it being 30% more valuable to Shadows than Vanguards *while taking regular AOE damage*.

RakeshZeal
08.27.2013 , 11:47 AM | #17
Vanguards (DPS and tank) get some very minor healing when they take AOE damage - 2.5% of total health, 3s rate limit.
It may be useful during stage 2 of TFB since every hit of "phasic spittle" you are taking is an AoE which procs "Close and Personal"(The PT version of the ability you mention). However for most other bosses I dont see it being effective for a PT/VG purely because our healing is based on damage taken not ability usage and cant think of any other boss in NiM content whos base attack is an AoE.
-The Harbingers Legacy

Kuciwalker
08.27.2013 , 11:49 AM | #18
I believe (need to double-check to be sure) that all cleaves proc it.

MillionsKNives
08.27.2013 , 11:50 AM | #19
For Assassins it's a 50% chance to heal on all damage dealt (by the player) with a 4.5s internal cooldown, so has no bearing on being hit at all (i.e., they don't even have to be the main tank). They also have their self heals which they can get off on average around every 12s (I forget the real numbers, I could be off) which ticks 3 times over 3s.

Ignoring harnessed darkness, the fact that it only procs on AOE is a big difference. It may come out ahead for vanguards in very specific circumstances, but I don't think it would be often enough to gear for it. Especially now, since it's being said that the others are better even for Assassins.

RakeshZeal
08.27.2013 , 11:58 AM | #20
I believe (need to double-check to be sure) that all cleaves proc it.
It does because C&P procs from any AoE but the boss usage of a cleave is static in their rotation,(im not some super wiz like Dip or KBN so correct me if im wrong.) your gonna be cleaved once every fifth to fifteenth attack. So in most situations most other relics would be much more effective.
-The Harbingers Legacy