Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vanguard // Powertechs Top 3 Answers!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Vanguard // Powertechs Top 3 Answers!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ottoattack
08.26.2013 , 07:26 PM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by OldSpiceSwag View Post
might be because we have you beat by 30 some pages
Meh, we don't have enough population for PTs

But, I play both classes so I support both forums

mfourcustom
08.27.2013 , 05:02 AM | #182
If this were to have taken place before 2.0 we would have had around 40 pages but since the class is nearing extinction lol 20 pages is the best we can do...

nearing extinction and theirs nothing wrong with the class eh bioware?

**** these devs.
Banksy aka Ysknab
I'm really bad

bamfapotomas
08.27.2013 , 09:54 AM | #183
Before I say this, I must say that I am in no way supporting BWs answers, I'm just pointing something out that may have been missed.

Pretty much the ONLY thing they said that was worth some attention was that classes were designed to be essentially very non-linear. So that means you are not sopossed to be able to compare certain tanky classes (or damage or whatever) strong suits with others weak ones. (I am NOT saying l2p or anything like that, keep reading.) I did like the fact they are trying to make each class unique within their role; when the game was releasing I loved that they had abstract concepts like a "ranged tank" and so forth. BUT we are obviously seeing how this is turning out. The thing is, in current content, there is no denying that Juggernauts/Snipers/whatever has a significant advantage BECAUSE their unique roles in this non-linear system are a lot more prominent so they just slap PTs/Sorcs and so forth around.

So my point being that if they could change content to match their crazy idea for a system of classes (that this dev seems to be explaining very badly) so it somehow (equally) compliments each unique aspect AND make those classes more tailored to be strong IN that unique aspect then I believe a majority of people would be happier. I am not saying classes should be equal, in certain situations they shouldn't be. BUT in other situations it should be very possible for that previously underpowered class to gain the upper hand. (This is just as applicable in PvE as it is in PvP.) So with that said each given situation then needs to be equally likely to occur and allow players to plan out.. which is where part of the problem lies. So then this could be said to be an issue of content as much as it is class balancing.

So now.. problem with all this is... well... obviously it sounds pretty much impossible to execute. I mean in concept it is the perfection of MMOs (IMO).

Oh and I can see it always being massively misunderstood all the time. So there's that too lol.

I can wish though... right?

EDIT: I also figured this post is a productive alternative of sharing ideas as opposed to tearing down the devs for trying this thing out. Figured that was worth mentioning because I don't think senseless bashing goes anywhere. It will probably get lost in the sea of comments on this thread anyway.

CourtneyWoods
08.27.2013 , 10:24 AM | #184 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone,

I just wanted y'all to know we are reading and putting together feedback from this thread. You are definitely not being ignored because of the thread's page count. I will be working with the combat team today to get responses for y'all and the Sorcerers today.
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

AlyxDinas
08.27.2013 , 10:29 AM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey everyone,

I just wanted y'all to know we are reading and putting together feedback from this thread. You are definitely not being ignored because of the thread's page count. I will be working with the combat team today to get responses for y'all and the Sorcerers today.
That is wonderful news! I had just asked Mr. Musco is this very thing would happen and I'm quite pleased to see it occurring. This type of communication an interactivity between the developers, community team, and the actual community can only be beneficial. Hopefully, we will see more of it in the future.

I regret that this has been as tumultuous as it has for you, Ms. Woods. Thank you for your work.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."

Mikroswitch
08.27.2013 , 10:36 AM | #186
Hey everyone,

Y'all ???? Not very professional is it??

Anyways it's good to see that we haven't been swept under the carpet and your looking further into things and whilst your looking into this thread it would be nice for you to be finding us a new Class Rep???
< THE MiK LEGACY >
Mikrosurgery : Sawbones
Mikroswitch : Vanguard

Brunner_Venda
08.27.2013 , 10:56 AM | #187
Hey everyone,

You're making it hard to stay mad at you guys, especially if you take the feedback seriously.

Degauss is a top tier assault/VG skill that's an exact duplicate of the class ability HTL - except that HTL lasts for a few seconds, and it's free. Third tier from the top contains the best skills of any in our specs, like pulse engine, havoc training, shock absorbers, and shrap satchel. All amazing. Why would we spend two points on Degauss?

Can you please address this? A duplicate of a free skill doesn't exactly measure up to the other VG specs. Assault VG is sorely lacking in defensive cooldowns compared to tactics and shield.

There. Simple. Short. To the point. Does not compare our spec to other classes. Does not whine. Does not accuse. Is not mean or aggressive.

Worst the combat team devs can do is say 'no'.

Luxidenstore
08.27.2013 , 11:05 AM | #188
Hey everyone,

Thanks! I was worried that our opportunity for answers was lost for this, but I'll be awaiting the new and hopefully more detailed answers.
http://www.swtor.com/r/PMZhvb

Use this link to get 7 days of sub, plus prefered friends bundle.

-IceHawk-
08.27.2013 , 11:05 AM | #189
Bah, wrong thread.

CourtneyWoods
08.27.2013 , 11:13 AM | #190 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Mikroswitch View Post
Y'all ???? Not very professional is it??
You can take the girl out of Georgia, but you can't take Georgia out of the girl.
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]