Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer // Sage Top 3 Answers!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Sorcerer
Sorcerer // Sage Top 3 Answers!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Laforet
08.26.2013 , 03:06 PM | #461
Quote: Originally Posted by orryko View Post
i meant for the average player. as others have mentioned, the class is not okay if only a handful of people are able to enjoy it. i currently only know 2 sorc healers that can actually compete against the highest mmr people. the average op healer or mara will relatively succeed in arena.

Corruption:
- need some sort of binding heal, where the sorc and target are healed a medium amount with a 1.5 cast time
- need a pain suppression/damage reduction cd that can be cast on self or friendly

Lightning
- needs a blink/teleport on a moderate cd
- a cd which allows spells to be cast while moving

Madness
- a new dot which offers dispel protection ala Unstable Affliction. If someone dispels it, they are silenced/take a lot of damage
- a drain life spell so that they can tap for force and then recover life more quickly

All specs would also benefit from some type of aura such as the priest's inner fire and inner will. One increases armor, the other increases movement speed. Insert any other ideas you wish.

Yes I'm poaching ideas from wow but wow mostly has it right when it comes to arena
This.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Jkelectronet Poledancer new healstar inc.

CourtneyWoods
08.26.2013 , 03:19 PM | #462 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone,

I think the expectations for the Class Representative program kind of got lost along the way this week. While I totally understand and expect that there will be a multitude of opinions towards the responses we post, I do want to reiterate what we originally posted when we started this program:

“Our number one goal is to get your questions answered. We have known for some time that players have had Class balance questions, and it has been tricky to get them answered. The purpose of this initiative is to get those questions addressed as directly as possible. I want to make sure we stress the following things:
  • It is possible, and even likely, that we could disagree with player sentiment towards something in relation to Class balance. Ex: Why does <insert class> suck at <insert thing>?! We may respond that we feel they are in a good place in our design goals and we will do our best to explain why.
  • Attaching feedback to your top 3 in no way guarantees that it will be feedback that is actionable. The purpose is to allow a set dialog between our Combat Team and you here on the forums. Just because something appears in the top 3 provided by a representative does not mean it is feedback that will garner special treatment.
  • Class Representatives are player elected and will not be granted any special access to the BioWare team. If chosen, you won’t have to sign an NDA or anything similar. You will be a player-elected forum user who assists your Class in formulating the top issues and concerns you would like to have BioWare commentary on.
  • As with all things on the forums, please remain respectful. Please respect each other, your chosen Class Representatives, and the BioWare developers.”

This does not mean we are dismissing anything you say in your questions or the feedback you are giving to our answers. I personally have had James Blunt stuck in my head all day thanks to this thread. However, Please do remember bullet points 1, 2, and 4.
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Ansalem
08.26.2013 , 03:26 PM | #463
how strange this doesn't look like an apology for being so rude and insulting at all. I guess we can add hypocrisy to the list of BW fails. I guess they can be as rude and disrespectful to the community as they want but heaven forbid we speak up and call them on their bs because then they will tell us to l2p that we have a perception problem and to h2f. What a crock of crap. Completely ignores the fact that they spit on the community with this insulting responses. Show us disrespect I guess you get disrespect back

Kindran
08.26.2013 , 03:27 PM | #464
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post

This does not mean we are dismissing anything you say in your questions or the feedback you are giving to our answers. I personally have had James Blunt stuck in my head all day thanks to this thread. However, Please do remember bullet points 1, 2, and 4.
Yes it does mean that you are dismissing the concerns we as a class feel like are problems. Every answer you gave except the Critical Rating change was entirely dismissive. The biggest problem with the answers is the tone that whoever wrote gave to us. It is highly insulting and I bet I speak towards a high % of Sorcerers / Sages when I say I felt demeaned.

With this 2nd post, you just opened up a whole new can of worms with the Sage / Sorcerer community. Expect to not have any respect given by us to ya'll now.

Good day <-- (This is about as respectful I will be from now on)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death's demise shall arise when Life's creation nullifies.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kindran <Carnage Gaming> (The Shadowlands)

SNCommand
08.26.2013 , 03:27 PM | #465
Bioware developers are of course not obligated to agree or do something with subjective opinions of people on this forum, but if developers state something some of us disagree vehemently with I would presume it would be for the best if we could state our sentiments on the issue and why we disagree

I don't presume anything will change just because we have stated our perceived problems with our respective classes, but what's the chance of anything happening if we can't show any enthusiasm for the issue?
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

psybernetic
08.26.2013 , 03:27 PM | #466
  • As with all things on the forums, please remain respectful. Please respect each other, your chosen Class Representatives, and the BioWare developers.”
Respect is a two-way street, and the tone of the responses did not denote that.
Psychedelic ViolenceXCrime of Visual Shock
Spice must flow.
Vorbis voce Imperatoris loquitur.
Nocturnus sum.

Master-Nala
08.26.2013 , 03:27 PM | #467
We may respond that we feel they are in a good place in our design goals and we will do our best to explain why.
Do you believe that any reasonable explanation for your position was given?

The meme worthy statements are all opinions of the dev team. No citation was made to any objective criteria like metrics, stats, etc. Unlike with the Sentinel answers, no explanation was given for why various specs are intended to have these issues. No explanation was given for how you could say that DPS Sorcerers can "heal to full." Or what was meant by "make them pay for trying to kill you."

This was not a dialogue. This was you saying in effect, "You're wrong." Which sadly would have been more respectful to the community than what you actually wrote, IMO.
Republic Level 55s - Alana, Rickta, Nal'aa, Alan, Myschal, Sinbad, Frank'lin, Angiola, Vesnas, Nightsail, Mioni & Hard-Top
Imp Level 55s - Palatine, Ztephanie, Frank-lin, Ka'Mate, Chisami, Azureraven, Curiosi-dux, Vodoun, Thofia

Chemic_al
08.26.2013 , 03:29 PM | #468
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
I don't presume anything will change just because we have stated our perceived problems with our respective classes, but what's the chance of anything happening if we can't show any enthusiasm for the issue?
So making parody songs, jokes, images, videos etc aren't enthusiam in their own way? That's on top of the now 40+ pages of responses. Sure shows to me how much effort people are willing to make to show how unhappy they are about things.
<Sithhiker's Guide to the Galaxy>
Jung Ma

Ansalem
08.26.2013 , 03:30 PM | #469
I guess they wanted to give us more proof that they could give 2 ***** about what the community that plays their game thinks about class issues. Its not as if people have been voicing their opinions on how to help BW balance out the classes...oh wait they have been forever now. I guess BW is just gonna ignore us and do its own thing, blame its customers for all its problems, and continue treating them like ****. Glad I unsubbed definitely will not be resubbing after reading this most recent response.

orryko
08.26.2013 , 03:32 PM | #470
Hey everyone,

I think the expectations for the Class Representative program kind of got lost along the way this week. While I totally understand and expect that there will be a multitude of opinions towards the responses we post, I do want to reiterate what we originally posted when we started this program:

“Our number one goal is to get your questions answered. We have known for some time that players have had Class balance questions, and it has been tricky to get them answered. The purpose of this initiative is to get those questions addressed as directly as possible. I want to make sure we stress the following things:
  • It is possible, and even likely, that we could disagree with player sentiment towards something in relation to Class balance. Ex: Why does <insert class> suck at <insert thing>?! We may respond that we feel they are in a good place in our design goals and we will do our best to explain why.
  • Attaching feedback to your top 3 in no way guarantees that it will be feedback that is actionable. The purpose is to allow a set dialog between our Combat Team and you here on the forums. Just because something appears in the top 3 provided by a representative does not mean it is feedback that will garner special treatment.
  • Class Representatives are player elected and will not be granted any special access to the BioWare team. If chosen, you won’t have to sign an NDA or anything similar. You will be a player-elected forum user who assists your Class in formulating the top issues and concerns you would like to have BioWare commentary on.

I want to know how you and the dev team can be so dismissive and give RP answers when you are all terrible at your own game? Have you seen the streams of your performances?

It would be one thing to tell us L2P if you guys were actually good. It's clear on your team composition, specs, and individual ability that this is not the case.

The class rep thing is a sham if the devs aren't going to justify their reasoning with non-troll material responses.