Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gear Drop in the two new Operations 2.4

SheikShmoove
08.25.2013 , 12:24 PM | #11
Actually the mission on the PTS - [Weekly] The Dread Masters - recommends 156 gear (Basic) for Story Mode and 168 gear (Underworld) for Hard Mode. That tends to suggest that SM drops Arkanian and HM drops Kell Dragon. As a comparison, the currently TFB and S&V weeklies recommend 156 for SM and 162 for HM.

As another poster noted, all the Basic/Elite/Ultimate vendors are gone on the PTS,

Also, not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but to complete the Weekly, you need to either defeat Corruptor Zero in Operation: Dread Fortress or Dread Master Raptus in Operation: Dread Palace.
Merani - L55 Guardian - <The Krayt Council> - The Shadowlands

JettZor
08.25.2013 , 01:54 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SheikShmoove View Post
Actually the mission on the PTS - [Weekly] The Dread Masters - recommends 156 gear (Basic) for Story Mode and 168 gear (Underworld) for Hard Mode. That tends to suggest that SM drops Arkanian and HM drops Kell Dragon. As a comparison, the currently TFB and S&V weeklies recommend 156 for SM and 162 for HM.

As another poster noted, all the Basic/Elite/Ultimate vendors are gone on the PTS,

Also, not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but to complete the Weekly, you need to either defeat Corruptor Zero in Operation: Dread Fortress or Dread Master Raptus in Operation: Dread Palace.
Yeah you can already see all the boss names in the lockouts tab.

LegoUniverseBC
08.25.2013 , 02:34 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JettZor View Post
Yeah you can already see all the boss names in the lockouts tab.
I can't get on the PTS, can you post the names of the bosses for each operation?

SheikShmoove
08.25.2013 , 03:43 PM | #14
Here are the names from the lockout window:

Dread Fortress
Spoiler

Dread Palace
Spoiler
Merani - L55 Guardian - <The Krayt Council> - The Shadowlands

DarkOnesEye
08.25.2013 , 05:47 PM | #15
I heard, dont remember where so cant defend it. Recomended for SM was Underworld and it drops 74's (not 75's Kell Dragon), with HM needing 74 Plus rating with the new tier of gear (above 75 Kell Dragon) droping.

JDotter
08.25.2013 , 07:07 PM | #16
If it drops KD for HM then ZzzZZZZzz

JettZor
08.25.2013 , 09:42 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SheikShmoove View Post

The problem with HM dropping KD is that a new tier is supposed to be coming out, and since NiM won't be out right away, it has to be in HM or SM, which suggests it will be in HM.

XCRunnerohtim
08.26.2013 , 01:21 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by JettZor View Post
The problem with HM dropping KD is that a new tier is supposed to be coming out, and since NiM won't be out right away, it has to be in HM or SM, which suggests it will be in HM.
Has it been explicitly said that 2.4 will launch with a new tier of gear? All I know is that they said that a new tier of gear would accompany the new operations. To me, it is reasonable that NiM would drop the new tier given past experience. If HM dropped the new tier then it would have to require KD to complete. That just doesn't seem in-line with what we've seen from BW in the past (i.e. HM isn't necessarily accessible to the casual raider, but it is accessible to the casual guild).

I just don't see them limiting HM to the very elite guilds that have their raid members decked out in full KD already. To me it seems much more reasonable that SM would require 69s and drop 72s, HM will require 72s and drop 75's, and then NiM (somewhere down the road) requires 75s and drops the new tier. Of course this is all speculation, as we don't know what BW will actually do and I haven't even been on the PTS. It just seems this has been the method they've used in the past.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Tekldon - 55 Jedi Sentinel
Dregrima - 50 Sith Marauder Kaycono - 47 Jedi Sage

MitchPB
08.26.2013 , 02:51 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by XCRunnerohtim View Post
Has it been explicitly said that 2.4 will launch with a new tier of gear?
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6555457

Quote:
October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:
The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.
New Operation: Dread Fortress
New Operation: Dread Palace
New 4v4 Warzone Arenas
New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear
<BOG>
<The Ex-Dalborran Elitists>

shyroman
08.26.2013 , 06:33 PM | #20
What I think is going to happen, is that one of the operations will have hm drop 75 and require 72 and the other drop the new gear and require 75