Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Representatives Are Here!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Representatives Are Here!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Benets
08.23.2013 , 05:12 PM | #221
The community should make a MEME about this whole situation. ASK players only to deny them and say they're worng and dont know how to play.
- "Do or do not, there's no try" -
Benets
aka
Mxyzptlk

SCHodge
08.23.2013 , 10:26 PM | #222
Courtney,

I know you didn't write the posts in question, but you should make it known to those who did that they were unacceptably rude, condescending, and snarky to their paying customers. Even if we assume (wrongly) the questions by both classes were asinine and did nothing but expose themselves as, term of art, "clueless newbs", more tact was in order.

In particular, the people being addressed are the most devoted and skilled of your customers. If by group consensus your best players raise an issue, it might be worth humoring them.

Regardless, with the exception of Steve Jobs, this is not how the representatives of a multi-billion dollar corporation address their customers in a public forum.

Shayne
The Hodcos @ The Harbinger

Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
[color=#f9d648]
Just wanted to let you know we have posted the answers to the Sorcerer and Vanguard questions - Links below!

Berjiz
08.24.2013 , 02:21 AM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Sorry, but these questions are awful. There are no analytics backing up the questions. There's just speculation and guesswork. So why would there be several paragraphs of analytics responding to that?

Most of these questions are just pointless too. For example, on the Sentinel/Marauder PVE question, the top question was how come Focus/Rage with its AOE focus doesn't do as much single target damage as the other two trees. Are you kidding me? One is an AOE focused tree and the other two are single-target focused trees. So people are wondering why the AOE focused tree doesn't also do as much single target damage as the other two trees? Ummm, isn't that obvious? There would be no point to having the other two trees if Focus/Rage was on par with them in single target damage AND had it's AOE damage capabilities. With the Sage/Sorcerers, people want these healing classes to keep all of their heals and then also have all of the defensive cooldowns that non-healing DPS classes have? That's ridiculous. Why don't we just give them the best DPS too...and the best tanking ability. Let's just create one superclass that's the best at everything while we're at it. For Vanguards/Powertechs, people basically want the DPS spec to be able to do burst damage on par with a Sentinel/Marauder or a Gunslinger/Sniper. People want the heavy armor wearing AC to do the same burst DPS output as the medium armor wearing AC's? Yeah, that would work out well. Let's just give Vanguards/Powertechs under the DPS tree the full survivability of a tank AND give them DPS output on par with the best DPS in the game. I can't believe that these are the sorts of questions that made the cut as the best, most-important questions.
You are forgetting a crucial point. survivability for dps in both pvp and pve are more about the cds than the armour especially in pve. You wan't to survive the bursts in pvp until your team can help you and burst the attackers down. It' doesn't matter if you take less dmg over 5 min when the figths in pvp lasts much shorter. What you wan't for that is good cds with short cd, like cloak of pain.

For pve it's kinda the same thing but the cd of the defensive stuff is less important, its all about the potency. You need this for stuff were you have to take dmg(Kephess laser, kephess jump, twh adds, enrage/burn phases). Maruaders are extremly good at this today togheter with their high dps. I have seen several fights that was completed due to the fact that a maurder can tank the boss for 5-10 secs after the tank died. Usually if both tanks die the boss will go for the maurder due to their high dps which synergies even better. This is a also without losing any dps. A sorc can't just stand there healing themself and heavy armour won't do much that much but it do help.

I do agree that the rage/focus question was pretty weird, its obvious why it isn't single target. All specs need to have their speciality, usually burst, sustianed, aoe, heal or tank. I just hate to see BW bring up the old execute agument again. I really expected some math/logs from the devs to prove their point but atm a troll on fleet argues better than them. They just write "it is like this" without any sort of evidence or arguing at all. The sniper/maurder answers were atleast decent.

Benets
08.24.2013 , 12:14 PM | #224
Bioware is a *********** prankster. I paid one month and i don't think i'll sub again. All those people here, including the class representative should stop paying this garbage
- "Do or do not, there's no try" -
Benets
aka
Mxyzptlk

AshlaBoga
08.25.2013 , 01:24 PM | #225
Quote: Originally Posted by Benets View Post
The community should make a MEME about this whole situation. ASK players only to deny them and say they're worng and dont know how to play.
Got a coupe of memes already.

Heal to Full youtube video
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

TheNahash
08.25.2013 , 03:09 PM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Got a coupe of memes already.

Heal to Full youtube video
I think this "Heal to Full" thing is at the same time a very stupid response to a serious Sorc issue AND quite a stupid thing to get worked up about.

It's more of a cop out than a real response, but at the same time it doesn't mean it's not true - here's a video of Psirebral doing exactly that. A sniper cannot do that.

BUT

that "just heal to full" video was pure awesome sauce
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Aries_cz
08.26.2013 , 05:53 AM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
I think this "Heal to Full" thing is at the same time a very stupid response to a serious Sorc issue AND quite a stupid thing to get worked up about.

It's more of a cop out than a real response, but at the same time it doesn't mean it's not true - here's a video of Psirebral doing exactly that. A sniper cannot do that.

BUT

that "just heal to full" video was pure awesome sauce
Funny, even though Psirebral has playstyle that is good for this "HY2F" crap, he still posed those question about making sages/sorcs more even with Snipers/Maras, so even though he is an awesome player, he still feels there is room for improvement.
I mean, Maras and Snipers got answers that basically said "yeah, we are going to buff you guys even more", while Sorcs/Ptechs got "L2P noobs" answer... I think that is what people are mostly annoyed about.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

TheNahash
08.26.2013 , 07:06 AM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
Funny, even though Psirebral has playstyle that is good for this "HY2F" crap, he still posed those question about making sages/sorcs more even with Snipers/Maras, so even though he is an awesome player, he still feels there is room for improvement.
I mean, Maras and Snipers got answers that basically said "yeah, we are going to buff you guys even more", while Sorcs/Ptechs got "L2P noobs" answer... I think that is what people are mostly annoyed about.
Yes, I understand that (although, I'm pretty sure Psi's questions were what the community wanted to ask, not necessarily his own personal questions) and I'm not saying the reply we got was a good one or that there is no room for improvement. I'm just pointing out that what they said was not a lie. They never said, for instance, that we have the best defensive abilities in the game - that would've been a blatant lie. They pointed out that Sorcs can los and heal, which is true.
Don't get me wrong, it's still a dumb answer because the question wasn't about that and they seem to think that healing to full as a DPS is easy when you have no real defence and is not "cheap" in terms of Force, but their answer was more irrelevant than insulting.
It was like telling us we are a ranged class. We know that, but that wasn't the question.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Ansalem
08.26.2013 , 09:07 AM | #229
wonder whats taking BW so long to respond to the crapstorm they caused over the weekend with these terrible responses?

AdrianDmitruk
08.26.2013 , 03:06 PM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
wonder whats taking BW so long to respond to the crapstorm they caused over the weekend with these terrible responses?
Don't worry, their dev team is in the process of healing to full after all the smashing and making them pay that insulted powertechs and sorcs with perception problems did to them over the weekend.
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show