Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

Docmal
08.24.2013 , 12:31 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by tahoeWolverine View Post
Love the parser! Too many client crashes and combat stops (titan 6, olok) to reliably use it yet, but these are problems that all parsers have had/still have.
My raid group and I have not experienced these problems. If you are willing, I would love to get your client error log to see it will help pin down a problem. Due to the way ClickOnce installs are done it isn't straight forward to get the error log but you can search your system for ParsecErrorLog.txt. Then please email the log to the email address shown when you click the ? button in the client.

Oh also, I would love to see a combat log where you get a combat reset during titan or olok.
Don't be a nub, use Parsec
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Drewbacca - Guardian Tank Handrew - Shadow Tank
& 12 more...

OmniNeWb
08.24.2013 , 02:20 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
1) Try the PVP Stat Stopwatch pop out! Its purpose is to begin tracking combat statistics from the time the start button is clicked to when it is stopped - giving you running totals across combat events. I should really rename this since it is not just usefull for PVP
Your update today was exactly what I was looking for in terms of group management, however, I do not believe I was clear in my request for the clipping.

My desire is the ability to, post-fight, be able to access my parse log data, clip specific time increments from it, (typically the back end) and save the modified version. The program is perfect for viewing the log; I was just curious if the option to view it in those time increments, and to edit it for uploading, was a possibility at all.

Thank you!

DogEyedBoy
08.24.2013 , 02:51 PM | #53
I am currently looking into this feature. I can't promise anything because SWTOR combat logs are notorious about abilities being out of order. I am not confident that I can count on the order of the enter stealth and exit combat events, which would be important in any solution to this problem.
TORParse does this, so maybe have a look there for inspiration.

DarkDisturbed
08.24.2013 , 03:46 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by DogEyedBoy View Post
TORParse does this, so maybe have a look there for inspiration.
Uhh, not as far as I'm aware? The group parser usually screws up when you stealth.

Narciuss
08.24.2013 , 06:28 PM | #55
Could you implement some pop out customization options? Ability to change text font and size. Color wheel for text and background color. An option to turn off the pop out background and just display the information.

My group had a few issues with the client on Styrak and Thrasher group members were not registered or incorrect data. Other than a few issues my group really enjoys this parser and will continue to use.

Docmal
08.24.2013 , 07:48 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Narciuss View Post
Could you implement some pop out customization options? Ability to change text font and size. Color wheel for text and background color. An option to turn off the pop out background and just display the information.

My group had a few issues with the client on Styrak and Thrasher group members were not registered or incorrect data. Other than a few issues my group really enjoys this parser and will continue to use.
The Pop Outs currently have size adjustments which increase/decrease the font size and they also have opacity adjustments which increase/decrease the background visibility.

If you are ever curious about what something does hover over it. I have tried to add tool tip text to every control that is not clear from its onscreen text.
Don't be a nub, use Parsec
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Drewbacca - Guardian Tank Handrew - Shadow Tank
& 12 more...

Yngow
08.25.2013 , 01:43 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Terrulin View Post
You do not have the full operations log =)
You have your full log, and you have communicated totals. Fully transmitting everyone's complete log while running would require a obscene increase in the amount of bandwidth used.
Have everyone upload a group log on torparse if you need everything.
I remember when using the deceased MoniTOR having the full log and not having any problems with that, maybe if it was a 16man raid (never really done many of those). It was also amazing because you could save the full party log into a file and then upload it to ask mr. robot parser which was an amazing post-raid evaluation tool, probably better than torparse is now
Empire/Republic of TAW - Prophecy of the Five
Illyan - Powertech ; Lellian - Jedi Sentinel ; Le'lian - Scoundrel ; L'aayla - Sith Juggernaut ; Harrden - Commando ; Lellyana - Sith Sorcerer ; Viagro - Sniper ; Lelsara - Jedi Shadow

JettZor
08.25.2013 , 07:31 AM | #58
I am currently looking into this feature. I can't promise anything because SWTOR combat logs are notorious about abilities being out of order. I am not confident that I can count on the order of the enter stealth and exit combat events, which would be important in any solution to this problem.
Docmal -- Me and my Brother are currently writing our own open source parser. Recently I was notified that MoX handles the Scoundrel's Disappearing Act. I reversed engineered it and basically MoX watches for Disappearing Act and then sets a grace period (the period in my parser is set to 15 seconds) for you to enter back into combat, else it starts a new fight.

If you want to take a look at my implementation for the handling of Disappearing Act, I can PM you a link. I might need to change the requirement of the exit event being 100ms prior to DA though, if that's ever out of order.

Terrulin
08.25.2013 , 07:44 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Yngow View Post
I remember when using the deceased MoniTOR having the full log and not having any problems with that, maybe if it was a 16man raid (never really done many of those). It was also amazing because you could save the full party log into a file and then upload it to ask mr. robot parser which was an amazing post-raid evaluation tool, probably better than torparse is now
SWMoniTOR was a peer-to-peer program, which means that there is no server bandwidth that you would ever have to worry about. Server bandwidth can be really expensive. Transmitting totals vs an entire log is a huge difference in bandwidth. And as far as I know, Ask Mr. Robot no longer allows uploading of logs =/
Sylinefriel - Sage Healer - <Redemption> - The Shadowlands
Scoundrel Healer, Commando DPS, Sage DPS, Sentinel DPS
Commando Healer, Guardian Tank
Sage Healing Guide - PVE

skomerko
08.25.2013 , 08:24 AM | #60
Great parser! I would really love to see some kind of built-in graph in your parser to see my dps/heal over particular phases etc.