Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

Hxxr
08.24.2013 , 01:40 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
Unfortunately there is no way to differentiate damage absorbed by force armor from any other absorbing effect such as Blade Barrier. The "absorbed" stat on the Damage taken tab indicates damage that was absorbed via these abilities. The best I could offer on the heal tab would be a count of force armors that you cast.
You could possibly calculate the absorb by regression using other heals (which gives you the healing power) and character level. There would be a margin of error correlating with the number of heals and not all absorb shields might be fully depleted, although at least for nightmare operations this is generally unlikely.
At least for juggernaut tanks this would work great since the barriers have a static value and at least the Sonic Barrier is almost always used entierly.

It could still be used as a tool for meter padding by placing bubbles on every raid member whether there's group damage or not.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rtwozero View Post
Just remember that combat logs only state mathamatical facts. They are not rude or arrogant.

Yngow
08.24.2013 , 06:59 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDisturbed View Post
Suggestions from my guild:
If there is anyway to remove/ignore exit combats with stealth that would be wonderful, don't know if it's possible. I know you can manually remove them from combat logs and then upload them to torparse.
Percentage of time there is a armor debuff on target in group raids (again not sure if possible).
or even better, a tab just for uptime of debuffs, buffs and dots
Empire/Republic of TAW - Prophecy of the Five
Illyan - Powertech ; Lellian - Jedi Sentinel ; Le'lian - Scoundrel ; L'aayla - Sith Juggernaut ; Harrden - Commando ; Lellyana - Sith Sorcerer ; Viagro - Sniper ; Lelsara - Jedi Shadow

Ansalem
08.24.2013 , 08:25 AM | #43
does this parser come built in with a feature that tells sorc dps to l2p and to heal to full in pvp? Also does it compensate for the VG and PTs perception problem that they suffer from? Just need to know if it will tell me to wait for that last 30% for burnout to kick in and close that dps gap to the other classes like the devs said in their answers to class reps yesterday.

Terrulin
08.24.2013 , 09:32 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by AzazaelLoki View Post
Am I just blind or is there no way to upload logs? As a raid leader I like to go back after a raid night and look at where I need to adjust dps for balancing.
Can you not go to torparse.com and upload it there ?
They would have to release a way for other parsers to connect for a feature like that to work.
Sylinefriel - Sage Healer - <Redemption> - The Shadowlands
Scoundrel Healer, Commando DPS, Sage DPS, Sentinel DPS
Commando Healer, Guardian Tank
Sage Healing Guide - PVE

Terrulin
08.24.2013 , 09:37 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Yngow View Post
uploading would be nice but if not possible saving the full ops log on your computer so you can check it later would be cool
You do not have the full operations log =)
You have your full log, and you have communicated totals. Fully transmitting everyone's complete log while running would require a obscene increase in the amount of bandwidth used.
Have everyone upload a group log on torparse if you need everything.
Sage Healing Guide - PVE

Docmal
08.24.2013 , 09:40 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by AzazaelLoki View Post
Am I just blind or is there no way to upload logs? As a raid leader I like to go back after a raid night and look at where I need to adjust dps for balancing.
You are not blind. Currently, there is no online hosting of log data. I am looking into this functionality but data hosting is an expensive proposition. Accessing the Raid Data (not full logs) is definitely on my list, as it is been requested often.

I am not sure if it helps but you can load your own previous logs using the tool, however, raid data is not available when doing this.
Don't be a nub, use Parsec
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Drewbacca - Guardian Tank Handrew - Shadow Tank
& 12 more...

Terrulin
08.24.2013 , 09:41 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Hxxr View Post
You could possibly calculate the absorb by regression using other heals (which gives you the healing power) and character level. There would be a margin of error correlating with the number of heals and not all absorb shields might be fully depleted, although at least for nightmare operations this is generally unlikely.
At least for juggernaut tanks this would work great since the barriers have a static value and at least the Sonic Barrier is almost always used entierly.

It could still be used as a tool for meter padding by placing bubbles on every raid member whether there's group damage or not.
My recommendation (if he doesnt see this i will tell him at our next op) would be to just have a metric for amount absorbed by each raid memeber. Whether that is blade barrier, force armor, diversion, energy redoubt, etc. It could conceivably go under a number of different sections, perhaps even have its own and and a break down of the source by ability (since that would be way easier than caster in the case of force armor). Then there could at least be something.
Sage Healing Guide - PVE

Docmal
08.24.2013 , 09:46 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDisturbed View Post
Suggestions from my guild:
If there is anyway to remove/ignore exit combats with stealth that would be wonderful, don't know if it's possible. I know you can manually remove them from combat logs and then upload them to torparse.
Percentage of time there is a armor debuff on target in group raids (again not sure if possible).
I am currently looking into this feature. I can't promise anything because SWTOR combat logs are notorious about abilities being out of order. I am not confident that I can count on the order of the enter stealth and exit combat events, which would be important in any solution to this problem.
& 12 more...

Docmal
08.24.2013 , 09:52 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by OmniNeWb View Post
Spent some time parsing on the dummy with the program, looks great, feels solid, appears to be just as accurate as it's competitors, and I LOVE the fact that I don't have upteen billion windows to alt-tab through and try keep on top (TorpArse).

However, I am curious about the possibility of the abilities to,
One: be able to clip a parse within the combat log section to specific time increments.

Two: to upload, with a button in-program because some of my guildies are lazy, to a socially accessible site for submission and review for DPS/HPS/Progression Leaderboards.

Three: to have a list of users currently connected to a Raid Group, either through another tab, through a pop-out, or both, to make sure that everyone is connected properly prior to the pull.

Even without these three things, I am very, very excited to test and use this program, and hope to see the power of open source crush all competition!
1) Try the PVP Stat Stopwatch pop out! Its purpose is to begin tracking combat statistics from the time the start button is clicked to when it is stopped - giving you running totals across combat events. I should really rename this since it is not just usefull for PVP

2) I would love to integrate with existing services such as TorParse. I am not sure how open their service is/will be though.

3) This feature was in development before release and was not ready, however, it is included in the update I published today! The user list is updated in combat, and every ~30 seconds outside of combat. Also there is a button to refresh the list manually
& 12 more...

tahoeWolverine
08.24.2013 , 12:17 PM | #50
Love the parser! Too many client crashes and combat stops (titan 6, olok) to reliably use it yet, but these are problems that all parsers have had/still have.
DrGordon - Chosen - Prophecy of the Five