Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Sion's Pauldron causing graphic errors on parts of female bodies.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Darth Sion's Pauldron causing graphic errors on parts of female bodies.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Natrixa
08.23.2013 , 06:59 AM | #1
I'm having some display issues with Darth Sion's Pauldrons in game, the armor itself displays great, but the narrow skin gaps on female characters is having some issues. The following images are taken on a body type 1 yellow twi'lek female...

Darth Sion's Paulron Right Side
Darth Sion's Paulron Left Side
Darth Sion's Paulron Back

I hope we can find a fix for this, I've submitted bug reports on the subject but since I seem to be one of the few with this issue they might not be able to see what I see

Natrixa
08.23.2013 , 09:41 AM | #2
More obvious images of the bug on a Mirialan.

Darth Sion Back Mirialan
Darth Sion Side Mirialan
Spoiler

AbsolutGrndZero
08.23.2013 , 02:25 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Natrixa View Post
I'm having some display issues with Darth Sion's Pauldrons in game, the armor itself displays great, but the narrow skin gaps on female characters is having some issues. The following images are taken on a body type 1 yellow twi'lek female...

Darth Sion's Paulron Right Side
Darth Sion's Paulron Left Side
Darth Sion's Paulron Back

I hope we can find a fix for this, I've submitted bug reports on the subject but since I seem to be one of the few with this issue they might not be able to see what I see
I've submitted tons of similar reports on the Relaxed Vestments on females... the back portion clips into your butt when you run, so you see the underneath color flashing back and forth. Even if you manage to dye the bottoms the same color, it's still noticeable.

I keep saying as Cartel Market items these fixes should be priority (as we are paying real money for them, extra on top of any subscription fee, even if you bought yours on the GTN, somebody paid Bioware real money) it's different than a bug with a 'free' armor.

EDIT: OH I JUST looked at your screenshots... aside from the clipping, the Relaxed Vestments has the EXACT SAME COLOR glitch!!! Here is the bug report page about it, you can see in their screenshots the same issue you are reporting....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=650789

So the fact that not only did they not fix it on the Relaxed Vestments, but they now have ANOTHER armor with the same issue???? Arrrrgh...
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Natrixa
08.23.2013 , 03:56 PM | #4
I knew about the relaxed vestments (have that set as well and don't use it because of the bug), originally had some screens in this post, but decided to just focus on the Sion, since there is already a thread (or several) on the relaxed vestments
Spoiler

Alec_Fortescue
08.23.2013 , 04:26 PM | #5
Too much cartel market, less quality. Quo vadis TOR?
http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 Please thank me for a victorious five-year fight for traditional Jedi robes in SWTOR.

Eraan
08.24.2013 , 04:05 PM | #6
They just keep pumping crap that is broken... never bothering to fix anything. People spend real money to get this stuff and then they receive broken items. I wonder if people could actually ask their money back because the product they buy has clear defects.

There's incredible amount of issues with armours in this game. Some are large flaws, some are not that large defects but visually annoying like Revered Chronicler's Jacket collar on female body type 2 (and at least face type 4) where the back of the collar snaps to head so that it looks stupid when character moves head. Miniskirt clipping issues are horrid, bracelet or what ever it's called in Jedi Sage's gloves on female body type 2 is wrongly aligned, floating shoulder guards on some sorcerer gear, ears clip through head gear, cloth is bugged on Traditional Thermoweave Vestments (female body type 2, republic), traditional nylite boots (republic) has broken textures, gaps between back and hood etc. the list is actually endless.

The guy/gal who leads their QA team should get fired.

Cylluz
08.24.2013 , 05:20 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
I've submitted tons of similar reports on the Relaxed Vestments on females... the back portion clips into your butt when you run, so you see the underneath color flashing back and forth. Even if you manage to dye the bottoms the same color, it's still noticeable.

I keep saying as Cartel Market items these fixes should be priority (as we are paying real money for them, extra on top of any subscription fee, even if you bought yours on the GTN, somebody paid Bioware real money) it's different than a bug with a 'free' armor.

EDIT: OH I JUST looked at your screenshots... aside from the clipping, the Relaxed Vestments has the EXACT SAME COLOR glitch!!! Here is the bug report page about it, you can see in their screenshots the same issue you are reporting....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=650789

So the fact that not only did they not fix it on the Relaxed Vestments, but they now have ANOTHER armor with the same issue???? Arrrrgh...
I've bugged the Relaxed Vestments several times myself. No reply but cut and paste b.s. as expected... but the lack of any kind of acknowledgement on the boards is sad. The lack of quality control and replies on this and the many, many other issues with the Cartel gear has convinced me not to spend any more money on the CM.

I like the game. I will continue to sub... but I will not buy any more CC until QC gets it's s**t together.
Here we may reign secure, and in my choyce
To reign is worth ambition though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell, then serve in Heav'n

Natrixa
08.25.2013 , 07:13 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Eraan View Post
The guy/gal who leads their QA team should get fired.
at this point I am beginning to doubt the TOR team even has a QA team
Spoiler

Cylluz
08.25.2013 , 07:30 PM | #9
Why no 'official' acknowledgement of this?

I love how when you bug something in this game the CS bots tell you to post it on the forums... and you do, only to be ignored by BW/EA.

You'd think by now EA would understand the value of customer service. I see a 3'fer in the future.
Here we may reign secure, and in my choyce
To reign is worth ambition though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell, then serve in Heav'n

AbsolutGrndZero
08.26.2013 , 08:12 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Cylluz View Post
Why no 'official' acknowledgement of this?

I love how when you bug something in this game the CS bots tell you to post it on the forums... and you do, only to be ignored by BW/EA.

You'd think by now EA would understand the value of customer service. I see a 3'fer in the future.
Yeah, "reports" be they bug reports, or player behavior reports, that's one thing many MMOs annoy me how they don't tell you anything. Like, when you accuse someone of murder, do you get told "We will make arrests, or not at our discretion, but you will get no notification of what we do." and then you never again know... is that murderer still out there? So, why can't they say "Yes, thank you. After investigation we learned that AbsolutSucks is in violation of XXXXX rule for naming himself AbsolutSucks and sending you harassing messages." or whatever (I just made up that little violation but you get my point) then we have no clue whether our reports actually mean anything.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain