Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvE Guide to the Lethality Sniper by B'oard

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Imperial Agent > Sniper
PvE Guide to the Lethality Sniper by B'oard

Jurugu
08.07.2013 , 02:53 AM | #131
One thing that for me is not entirely clear from the hybrid chart:

When you note for certain abilities (Sabotage Charge and Quickdraw) in particular to keep them on cooldown, do you mean to use them whenever their cooldown is up, no matter where you are in the rotation, or merely to use them when deciding what to do in the 'X' spot?

paowee
08.07.2013 , 09:10 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Jurugu View Post
One thing that for me is not entirely clear from the hybrid chart:

When you note for certain abilities (Sabotage Charge and Quickdraw) in particular to keep them on cooldown, do you mean to use them whenever their cooldown is up, no matter where you are in the rotation, or merely to use them when deciding what to do in the 'X' spot?
Yep! Some people just use SabC or QD whenever they come off cooldown.

You can use it on (X), before (SS) or anywhere you want.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

wainot-keel
08.21.2013 , 08:06 PM | #133
Hi, I'm starting to train a bit with my sniper, using lethality atm. One question, what about Takedown ? You don't even mention it on the first page ? Don't you use it at all ?

MasterJacer
08.21.2013 , 09:53 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
Hi, I'm starting to train a bit with my sniper, using lethality atm. One question, what about Takedown ? You don't even mention it on the first page ? Don't you use it at all ?
This guide was made pre-2.0, and hasn't been updated much for the full lethality part as it is not a viable spec for pve anymore,
Yttrunchach: Sniper - The Ebon Hawk - <Nemesis>

chuixupu
08.22.2013 , 01:23 AM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterJacer View Post
This guide was made pre-2.0, and hasn't been updated much for the full lethality part as it is not a viable spec for pve anymore,
Lethality not viable for PVE? What makes you say that?
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

DoctorDragon
08.22.2013 , 04:13 AM | #136
This guide was written for the Lethality/Engineering hybrid, which doesn't have the takedown procs. If you're referring to 30%< hp takedown I'd say use it as a filler if you've got a lot of energy (like cull - sos takedown - cull). Might not be worth sacrificing EP or Lazed snipe for it though. Never seen any real numbers on what is most effective but I'd assume so.
Viila

Sniper on The Red Eclipse

wainot-keel
08.22.2013 , 04:28 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterJacer View Post
Well, it says "major update since 2.0" so I kind of assumed it was going to be udpated.

Quote: Originally Posted by DoctorDragon View Post
This guide was written for the Lethality/Engineering hybrid, which doesn't have the takedown procs. If you're referring to 30%< hp takedown I'd say use it as a filler if you've got a lot of energy (like cull - sos takedown - cull). Might not be worth sacrificing EP or Lazed snipe for it though. Never seen any real numbers on what is most effective but I'd assume so.
The proc makes so it resets Takedown cd and you are able to use on targets regardless of their health. As for the energy issue, that's why I'm keeping the "old" armorings for bonus set since they provide a significant reduction of Takedown's energy cost.

Currently, tooltip on my sniper shows:
Explosive probe: Energy 25, damage 4288-4395, 30 seconds cooldown
Lazed snipe: Energy 20, damage 3451-3639 (crit multiplier 67,40), 1 minute cooldown
Takedown: Energy 8, damage 4511-4757. Cooldown, well, pretty much everytime after a Cull. With both dots up, I don't remember ever not getting a proc for it.
If energy is an issue and I have to choose, I would skip EP and use Takedown if possible tbh

paowee
08.22.2013 , 05:22 PM | #138
The guide was updated mainly for Lethality/Engineering Hybrid. The pre-1.7 work is still here and what i did was simply put 2.0 stuff on top of it. This may have caused some confusion. I will completely revamp slash update this thread to include only relevant 2.0+ information. Will work on it later tonight and will most likely add little extras like diagrams and pictures over the coming weeks. It should be completely reworked by tomorrow for

1) 2.0 Full Lethality and
2) 2.0 Lethality / Engineering Hybrid (Hybrid)

Note tho that BioWare IS aware of the DPS issues caused by the Hybrid build and they are actively looking to buff Full Lethality in the future so that it is more appealing to players. There is no time frame for this but my best guess would be in the next expansion is where we will see any significant Fulll Lethality changes. More info on this on the Stickied: Sniper - Top 3 Answers thread outside.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

DoctorDragon
08.22.2013 , 06:00 PM | #139
Well, it says "major update since 2.0" so I kind of assumed it was going to be udpated.

The proc makes so it resets Takedown cd and you are able to use on targets regardless of their health. As for the energy issue, that's why I'm keeping the "old" armorings for bonus set since they provide a significant reduction of Takedown's energy cost.

Currently, tooltip on my sniper shows:
Explosive probe: Energy 25, damage 4288-4395, 30 seconds cooldown
Lazed snipe: Energy 20, damage 3451-3639 (crit multiplier 67,40), 1 minute cooldown
Takedown: Energy 8, damage 4511-4757. Cooldown, well, pretty much everytime after a Cull. With both dots up, I don't remember ever not getting a proc for it.
If energy is an issue and I have to choose, I would skip EP and use Takedown if possible tbh
Sorry about any confusion, but I was talking about the lethality hybrid in that post, (and thought you did too). I won't go in to detail about full lethality but yeah, takedown all the time, and basically never EP since it's too costly without the energy refunds from cluster bombs in the engineering tree.
Viila

Sniper on The Red Eclipse

CJNJ
08.22.2013 , 10:42 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by DoctorDragon View Post
Sorry about any confusion, but I was talking about the lethality hybrid in that post, (and thought you did too). I won't go in to detail about full lethality but yeah, takedown all the time, and basically never EP since it's too costly without the energy refunds from cluster bombs in the engineering tree.
Wouldn't say never EP, but rather treat it like in MM and use it if you have the energy or with TA/AP. granted flyby will still be better then EP in most regards
CJuice Sandwich-lazy sage seer || Cmeat Sandwich- fat blind engi sniper
lil'cmeat Sandwich- it's a lil Cmeat! Gunslinger || Naked-snake- looks more like plissken, scoundrel
Laziness is a skill