Gree armor now requires light or dark?

Screaming_Ziva

So.... it's been at least half the day since they were made aware of the bug and I was wondering can we get an Update from the devs on this?

Or am I going to get piled on for asking for that?

Fair question.

And no.. fair questions don't qualify for a pile-on. :)

You have to wear keester as hat and brag/be_proud about it to be piled on. :p It also helps to have TUXs endorse your hat too. (love ya TUXs.. just having some fun with ya. :) )

Edited by Andryah

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we all shoudl realize it will take time but boy...what a bug. I am reasonably sure that they will either hot fix or take the servers down to patch it as if this is not worthy of that I don't know what is becasue of the potential for such a wide sweeping impact.

Of course....they have to be able to figure out what cuased it also....

Thanks Bio-fail. You just screwed several of my characters with 72 mods in Scalene armor which they cant wear now because of being the wrong alignment. As well as screwing over several of my companions I had the armor on because it was cheap orange mod-able gear. Edited by Darth-Malice

Hey there folks! We're currently looking into what's going on with the Scalene gear (and possibly other sets), and we'll be sure to update you when we have more information for you.

Amber we are coming up on the EIGHT+ HOUR mark of you confirming this is broken.

Any chance we can get an update on the ETA of the fix?

Edited by dscount

It affects more than just gree armor. You sound like an apologist arguing hiw could they catch it with so much code so few testers im more on the side how could they not catch such a huge bug with such a small patch. I know code is vast for small amounts of content but accepting the status quo of constant uckfups is just going to make it worse what isxwrong with having realistic expectations. Do ppl no loger strive for perfection sure its unobtainable but what everyone should strive for

No, the developers screwed up. I am not debating that. What I am debating against, is the type of ATTITUDE that is prevalent with a lot of players (as I said before, if you are not one of the people I am talking about, then you are not one of the people I am talking about) that I was moving to a restaurant situation as the person I quoted did.

They screwed up. Calling them morons, incompetent, etc. etc. isn't going to get it fixed any faster.

As for what I said about maybe why they didn't catch it, are you on test server? Can you give hard numbers as to how many, if any, players this bug affected on test center? You can't, neither can I. Even if you are on test server and maybe know 10 players in Event Armor, who's to say all 10 of them were affected because their alignment didn't match the code? All we know is, for some reason it wasn't fixed. Only they know why.

I am seeking a Bioware update as we approach the prime time hour where most players are logged into the game.

As for what I said about maybe why they didn't catch it, are you on test server? Can you give hard numbers as to how many, if any, players this bug affected on test center? You can't, neither can I. Even if you are on test server and maybe know 10 players in Event Armor, who's to say all 10 of them were affected because their alignment didn't match the code? All we know is, for some reason it wasn't fixed. Only they know why.

Event armor worked as intended on the test realm; however, the code was for 2.4 not 2.3.1.

Edited by Truami

I feel this is a huge bug, however I acknowledge bugs can and will happan. To me if they patch this tonight and fix it , I can understand and can and will deal with it.

However if it continues longer then that, then to me at least, that is a problem as I simply cannot play or raid with this.

From the thread in the Bug Forum

Thanks to everyone for your reports! We will be removing the unintended alignment requirements as soon as possible and appreciate your patience.

We've double checked these pieces, and the Dreadseed and Star Forager Armor, and the Social I requirement is not a change with the recent patch.

The issue with alignment being added to gear after Game Update 2.3.1 causes errors that say you do not meet the requirements on gear that was equipped successfully before the patch.

Not that it tells us much more but at least they are still communicating... periodically.

Edited by Benfynyn

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673636

Patch in the early AM tmr

On August 22nd, all game servers will be unavailable as we perform brief maintenance. Patch 2.3.1a will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Thursday August 22nd

Duration: 2 hours

Time: 3AM PDT (10AM UTC) - 5AM PDT (12PM UTC)

Patch Note

Items

• The incorrect alignment requirement has been removed from the following gear:
    • Section X Guardian Armor
    • Scalene Armor (Red, Blue, White, Gold)
    • Voss Ambassador Armor
    • Hyperspace Hotshot Armor
    • Deep Space Starfighter Helmet

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Edited by ArissArgile

No, the developers screwed up. I am not debating that. What I am debating against, is the type of ATTITUDE that is prevalent with a lot of players (as I said before, if you are not one of the people I am talking about, then you are not one of the people I am talking about) that I was moving to a restaurant situation as the person I quoted did.

They screwed up. Calling them morons, incompetent, etc. etc. isn't going to get it fixed any faster.

I have a hard time imagining a buf of this magnitude not being prevalent in some form on the ptr and pushing it out with any issues is negligent. Im sure it showed up on test in some form bugs dont just manifest from thin air and if tjey are running the wrong or insufficent tools to catch it then it is incompetence

You are assuming that it is one coder causing all the bugs. I seriously doubt that. It's a wide and diverse team and a code base from hell (pre-launch).

Thats cause you assume that I didn't consider a single individual or a team as a single unit. Either way, Their coders are screwing up on a rather grand visible scale with this screw up interfering with a large amount of gamers play time.

Proper procedure is to root cause and correct cause and move on.... NOT shoot a dev and strap them to the hood of your car as an example to the others.

Maybe.... but proper work procedure is to not let something as obvious as this slip by when you should have means to catch it. That being internal testing or the free testing players are will to do for you. Hell, we caught this within the first hour of play. Seems BW failed at both of those options.

Again, screwing up once could be looked over, twice or three times talked about and discussed. Damn near every patch - heads need to roll be that a single unit or a team. It's things like this along with a whole host of others is why this game is not as popular as it should be.

And a core issue with large MMOs is the code base is huge, has been touched by many people and entropy is the stronger force on such a code base over time.. not the reverse. When you are constantly adding features and content.. a code base is never given a change to stabilize to anything even remotely approaching zero bugs.

It is a core issue when you have sub standard coders that are running on the idea of we'll just release and fix it later but lets take the gamers money first.

It's a massive growing problem in gaming that needs to stop cause if it continues, the game producers, developer, coders, face of (insert game here) will continue to verbally abused on a grander scale.

BUT HEY! At least BW got it fixed roughly 24 hours later cause they wouldn't want to blemish that untarnished rep they have for releasing spotless patches.

Edited by Quraswren

White Scalene is a very popular choice. It requires Neutral a not so popular alignment. There was a specific change to event armor (F2P no longer need the Event Equipment Auth) so there was every reason for focused regression testing.

This should have been tested by the developer responsible (Unit Testing) the build team (Integration testing) and whoever was responsible for QA testing. Especially after the companion equipment bug last year you'd think they'd be on the lookout for stats that don't seem right. It should not have been missed.

EA has some fundamental process issues specifically QA. This is management incompetence.

Insults. Keep your INSULTS to yourself. Since I have not insulted you, there is no "we". Comments are fine dude, that's what the forums are for.

People aren't attacking the Devs - they are expressing their frustrations with this bug - it's NOT personal. It's also not difficult to understand why they're upset...leave em be.

SOME people ARE attacking them.

I'm glad this is being fixed tonight, but I have to agree that with something of this magnitude, it's not really good enough. Is it really impossible to put a fix out sooner? There are a lot of raid teams that are going to have to not run or else spend millions remodding and reaugmenting tonight.

Not good enough. I got a raid tonight. Are you going to pay for me too pull out all my mods and put them in new gear? Then put them back tomorrow?

Apparently a few random crashes are worth an immediate hotfix but a gamestopler that makes it 100 per ent uunplayable for a huge swathe of players is not. Where is the logic here

Not good enough. I got a raid tonight. Are you going to pay for me too pull out all my mods and put them in new gear? Then put them back tomorrow?

I second this. What the hell, if anything should be an instant hot patch it should be when you screw up peoples gear that means they can't play the damn game.

It's gonna cost hundreds of thousands to take the pieces out of all my gear, on all my characters because most of them have gree gear, put them into gear that I don't like and then when you finally get around to fixing it a day later... cost me the same amount to put it all back.

This is 100% retarded.

I second this. What the hell, if anything should be an instant hot patch it should be when you screw up peoples gear that means they can't play the damn game.

It's gonna cost hundreds of thousands to take the pieces out of all my gear, on all my characters because most of them have gree gear, put them into gear that I don't like and then when you finally get around to fixing it a day later... cost me the same amount to put it all back.

This is 100% retarded.

Depending on your gear each slot will cost roughy 9800 credits. the augment will cost about 3500 credits.

Now - if the gear you put it in so you can use them is not augment, you'll have to do that. costly you roughly 100K for the kit and 30K for the use of it.

So to do one of major Gree armors it will cost you between:

9800 X 3 = 29400

3500 X 1 = 3500

130,000 for new augment slot

roughly 32,900 to 133,500 credits for the 5 major slots and roughly 23,100 to 123,700 for belt and bracers

Isn't that awesome!

So you can take option "A" and pay all that cash and then pay again to move it back. (cause we all know gamers love their toons and how they look so moving it back is going to happen)

or "B" you can just not run your main tonight. Cancel any ops and FP's or any plans your guild might have had for your main and play an alt.

OR "C" don't play SWTOR at all.

Hint: "A" is really not an option