Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

how is leveling as seer spec?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular > Sage
how is leveling as seer spec?

freche
12.17.2011 , 08:22 PM | #11
lvl 20 now and have played all content up to this point with friends. I started out as a balance spec but swapped at 19 to 2/6/2 (will continue into Seer as I level up).
Reason for swapping is that they killed everything so fast so I rather have a more support focused spec so we can duo harder stuff. We actually managed to duo Hammer Station, me at level 19 and a trooper (commando) friend at level 20 (we had companions ofc). Last boss was a bit hard, mostly because the trooper companions died from aoe so our dps was a bit low but we managed even though it was a close call.

Can't tell how it's to solo as seer spec but I can't think it's too bad. At least not until talents might actually do a bigger difference.

Nakemi
12.17.2011 , 09:01 PM | #12
At the moment I am 18 full Seer and I have no problems at all with leveling. I use Qyzen for everything and I really have not even bothered to upgrade him. Send him in on the hardest mob of the group whilst I deal with a few of 'the squishies' and heal as/when needed.
I personally do not feel it to be slower than any other class and I feel a lot more confident to wade into battle against Elites and such than I ever did in beta as a Sith Marauder.
We be Smuggling

schlagnath
12.18.2011 , 12:38 PM | #13
Check out the sage sticky, it talks about all three specs. Seer is one of the advised ones to level with actually because of Qyzens tanking capabilities. I think I'm going to level as Balance though, maybe change to Seer here and there to heal flashpoints and warzones.

Volkrisse
12.19.2011 , 12:23 PM | #14
Im still in my late teens of my sage but lovIng every minute of it. I don't have any problems with mobs or even pvp. I haven't taken on any epic mobs. The gold/silver mix ones but I honestly have yet to fight one. I have had NO problem with gold elites. Throw the companion a few heals and we destroy them. Just my two cents
╠══ √◘Lk Industries ══╣

Peace means having a bigger stick than the other guy. I'm just here to supply the sticks

elvigy
12.19.2011 , 04:54 PM | #15
It's awesome, basically. On Taris, I soloed in the Mandalorian heroic zone. The groups of three with 1 gold and 2 silvers, I would Force Lift the gold one, sic Qyzen on one of the silvers (be sure Qyzen's aoe is toggled off) and force the third to eat pebbles, healing as needed. Then finish off the one that Qyzen was working on, regroup for a few seconds and attack the wiggling-in-the-air gold one.

That would leave me pretty low on Force, but it was pretty impressive for a healing class.

HibashiraSakai
12.21.2011 , 10:54 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by BaskaN View Post
anyone leveling as seer spec? (healer) share your level and comments.
No problem whatsoever. All the solo quests can be done with ease. Qyzen + your healing made it possible to do heroic 2 without a tank class. Healing role in heroic 4 and FPs are natural.

In fact, it is working so well that I'm afraid to level another class without healing abilities or healing pets.

LordTyrantXerxis
12.22.2011 , 05:17 PM | #17
I am level 16 at the moment and I was really questioning leveling as a Seer. However, I am loving it. It basically turns you and your companion into a "pet" type class. My companion is more than capable of soloing elite mobs while all I have to do is use Force Armor and Deliverance to keep him up.

Tristanian
12.23.2011 , 03:09 AM | #18
Level 44, purely leveling as a Seer. No problems whatsoever. The companions make up for any loss in DPS and once you get your better shields, rejuvenation and healing trance, it is extremely difficult to die, even if someone gets the jump on you.
"If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely..."