Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gilded Flutterplume

Andrew_TS
08.18.2013 , 07:33 PM | #1
After searching tirelessly, it seems as though Wal-mart has inactivated their 2400 Cartel Coin Cards that offer a Gilded Flutterplume. (IE: They no longer carry this item.) In fact, the store in my area has clearanced out all of there SWTOR merchandise and the sales manager I spoke with tells me that this store location had never actually sold the CC Cards. The only place I find anything for SWTOR is on their website where you can get a copy of the game for $9.04 and a 60-Day Game Card for $23.36, however, NO CC Card w/Gilded Flutterplume. All other outlets such as eBay have this card available for sale either.

I have been a subscribing customer since launch. I have purchased several 5500 CC Packs from swtor.com. There are also several members of my guild that have been attempting to get the Wal-mart CC Card as well for several months now, two of which have spent more money on CC Packs then any one person should be allowed to spend imo. Now that we have discovered that Wal-mart no longer carries these cards, it appears these pets will no longer be obtainable.

It is my recommendation that another way to get the Gilded Flutterplume is offered. If EA's goal in offering this incentive at Wal-mart was to get people talking about SWTOR and going to Wal-mart, your marketing ploy is failing miserably. If an alternate means of achieving these type of incentives cannot or will not be offered, this may become the straw that breaks the camel's back for many guildies and myself. We are already very upset with your random junk system in all your cartel packs. There are also many aspects of game play that are bugged or otherwise imbalanced. It is sad to say, but it seems that SWTOR is quickly becoming a dead game and if EA has any hopes of keeping this game alive, they need to offer all of their incentives free of other company sponsorship, such as Wal-Mart and the Gilded Flutterplume.

I will finish by saying this, now that the Gilded Flutterplume is unattainable, either make it attainable again, along with other incentives of this sort, or start losing your player base, myself included.
U L T I M A - W E A P O N
_- - -R E P U B L I CA R I S T O C R A C Y
SV HM 7/7 | TFB HM 5/5 | TC HM | Xeno HM

pancakesninja
08.18.2013 , 07:46 PM | #2
Wal-mart is the ghetto of marketing strategy and incentive. I suggest maybe a card through Gamestop. Not that they're any better since most of their products are over-priced, even for used games.

I think SWTOR will continue to lose its player base mainly to the fact that there's not enough content, and there's just repetitive trolling as well as e-peen flexing. Game use to be fun, I've lost my interest as well. Won't be resubbing after my next 60 days die out.

FFXIV ARR even in beta has me hooked in comparison to SWTOR. As addicted as I was to this game, it's on its dying breath.

JepFareborn
08.18.2013 , 08:26 PM | #3
I was able to get mine through Ebay. Just be patient and check there often. People are still selling pre-order crystals and sometimes Tawn Fawn codes there....
I'm currently residing on Server - The Harbinger - formerly from Gauntlet of Kreshh
10% off starting price on ALL green premium gear that I post on Galactic Market. But blue, orange, and purple gear priced at my discretion and availability. I do not believe in over-Inflation - I give 'fair & balanced' competitive prices.

CrazyMcGee
08.18.2013 , 08:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by pancakesninja View Post
Wal-mart is the ghetto of marketing strategy and incentive. I suggest maybe a card through Gamestop. Not that they're any better since most of their products are over-priced, even for used games.
You're totally missing the point, the card from Gamestop is a completely different pet.

I agree with OP, a friend of mine has been trying to get the Walmart card for me without success. There's also the other pet that has never been available, the one that supposedly was going to be Target?? The Crested Orokeet.

As an avid Collector, the fact that Collections/Achievements are filled with unattainable items is incredibly frustrating. Pets, titles, outfits and crystals that cannot ever be obtained. Either give us a way to get them, or prune Collections!

That said, I totally disagree with Pancakesninja and I still love TOR. So I am gonna show that love by continuing to nag until things like this are fixed

I know it's a small thing, BW, but remember that a lot of your players care fanatically about stuff like this! I have had a hell of a time getting these pets as I don't live in the US or Europe. I now have 4/6 and I want the others please!

PS If anyone has a Walmart card not yet used, pls PM me. I will pay REAL MONEY

pancakesninja
08.18.2013 , 09:46 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
You're totally missing the point, the card from Gamestop is a completely different pet.

I agree with OP, a friend of mine has been trying to get the Walmart card for me without success. There's also the other pet that has never been available, the one that supposedly was going to be Target?? The Crested Orokeet.

As an avid Collector, the fact that Collections/Achievements are filled with unattainable items is incredibly frustrating. Pets, titles, outfits and crystals that cannot ever be obtained. Either give us a way to get them, or prune Collections!

That said, I totally disagree with Pancakesninja and I still love TOR. So I am gonna show that love by continuing to nag until things like this are fixed

I know it's a small thing, BW, but remember that a lot of your players care fanatically about stuff like this! I have had a hell of a time getting these pets as I don't live in the US or Europe. I now have 4/6 and I want the others please!

I'm not missing any point. My suggestion was to put a card in at gamestop. I know they already have one and I'm fully aware it's a different pet. However, the suggestion was to put a card in at gamestop that allows you to obtain the pet. Clearly you missed that.

GalacticKegger
08.18.2013 , 10:16 PM | #6
My wife tried collecting all four: 1 from Amazon.com, 1 from Target, 1 from Walmart & 1 from Best Buy. The only one she actually received was from Best Buy. The other three said they were sold out (the day after the pets were announced), and what she received from Best Buy (after numerous phone calls and teeth pulling) was a disappointment to her.

This was not a well-oiled promotion.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

DarkDisturbed
08.18.2013 , 10:19 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post

99% sure my walmart still carries them, I'll check and get back to you.

dakajojo
08.18.2013 , 10:42 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Andrew_TS View Post
After searching tirelessly, it seems as though Wal-mart has inactivated their 2400 Cartel Coin Cards that offer a Gilded Flutterplume. (IE: They no longer carry this item.) In fact, the store in my area has clearanced out all of there SWTOR merchandise and the sales manager I spoke with tells me that this store location had never actually sold the CC Cards. The only place I find anything for SWTOR is on their website where you can get a copy of the game for $9.04 and a 60-Day Game Card for $23.36, however, NO CC Card w/Gilded Flutterplume. All other outlets such as eBay have this card available for sale either.

I have been a subscribing customer since launch. I have purchased several 5500 CC Packs from swtor.com. There are also several members of my guild that have been attempting to get the Wal-mart CC Card as well for several months now, two of which have spent more money on CC Packs then any one person should be allowed to spend imo. Now that we have discovered that Wal-mart no longer carries these cards, it appears these pets will no longer be obtainable.

It is my recommendation that another way to get the Gilded Flutterplume is offered. If EA's goal in offering this incentive at Wal-mart was to get people talking about SWTOR and going to Wal-mart, your marketing ploy is failing miserably. If an alternate means of achieving these type of incentives cannot or will not be offered, this may become the straw that breaks the camel's back for many guildies and myself. We are already very upset with your random junk system in all your cartel packs. There are also many aspects of game play that are bugged or otherwise imbalanced. It is sad to say, but it seems that SWTOR is quickly becoming a dead game and if EA has any hopes of keeping this game alive, they need to offer all of their incentives free of other company sponsorship, such as Wal-Mart and the Gilded Flutterplume.

I will finish by saying this, now that the Gilded Flutterplume is unattainable, either make it attainable again, along with other incentives of this sort, or start losing your player base, myself included.
Just to let you know, Walmart is not carrying SWTOR products in all markets. There are several Walmarts in my state that do not have the physical cards out for sale. You actually have to provide a Walmart employee with the UPC code to look up, and depending on the store they may provide you with either a Cartel Coin Card code or with an actual physical Cartel Coin card from the back. Why they don't simply have them out and accessible is beyond me and the employees are clueless unless you provide them with the UPC (same can be said for all the other stores carrying the Cartel Coin cards.) My suggestion is to call and check with multiple Walmarts, and ask employees to look up UPC/SKU # 079936604974 to see if they have it in stock. I hope this helps, and may the force be with you.

CrazyMcGee
08.18.2013 , 11:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by pancakesninja View Post
I'm not missing any point. My suggestion was to put a card in at gamestop. I know they already have one and I'm fully aware it's a different pet. However, the suggestion was to put a card in at gamestop that allows you to obtain the pet. Clearly you missed that.
Yup, sorry, my bad, totally misunderstood what you were saying.

Andrew_TS
08.19.2013 , 12:38 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by dakajojo View Post
Just to let you know, Walmart is not carrying SWTOR products in all markets. There are several Walmarts in my state that do not have the physical cards out for sale. You actually have to provide a Walmart employee with the UPC code to look up, and depending on the store they may provide you with either a Cartel Coin Card code or with an actual physical Cartel Coin card from the back. Why they don't simply have them out and accessible is beyond me and the employees are clueless unless you provide them with the UPC (same can be said for all the other stores carrying the Cartel Coin cards.) My suggestion is to call and check with multiple Walmarts, and ask employees to look up UPC/SKU # 079936604974 to see if they have it in stock. I hope this helps, and may the force be with you.
I did take the UPC/SKU to the Wal-mart employee. The the CC Card is a discontinued item. I have worked for Wal-mart in the past and know that if the system says the item is discontinued then it is discontinued at all Wal-marts. Otherwise the employee would simple be able to order some. If there are any Wal-marts still carrying any of these, it is only because they have not sold them yet. Wal-mart, as a whole, has discontinued the CC Card. Thus, my OP still stands.
U L T I M A - W E A P O N
_- - -R E P U B L I CA R I S T O C R A C Y
SV HM 7/7 | TFB HM 5/5 | TC HM | Xeno HM