Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How I think swoop racing could work...PVE and PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How I think swoop racing could work...PVE and PVP

LordArtemis
08.15.2013 , 01:47 PM | #1
Now, this idea deals specifically with a suggestion that swoop racing, if ever added, should be on rails to a certain extent.

Here are my thoughts on it.

1) Racing - PVE style

This one would have obstacles to maneuver around/jump over and boosts you could hit to push your speed. Different hazards would present themselves during the race to try and dismount you from your speeder or slow you down.

Leader boards would be up for best time, most boosts, etc...plus you would have participation rewards. Tracks should be hot wheels style...loops, steep curves, tunnels, etc.

This would be a single player "best time" type of feature.

2) Racing - PVP style

This track would be similar to the crazy motorcycle minigame from FFVII. You would still be on rails, but you would jockey for pole position while using basic attacks (ranged and melee) to dismount or slow opponents. Think an advanced version of mariokart. Attacks and obstacles can slow you down or dismount you.

This would be treated like PVP, so you would have PVP rankings and rewards similar to those for regular PVP and huttball.

I have been trying to come up with an "off the rails" idea, but I was worried that the engine might have too many problems with it.

Anyone else have any ideas in this respect?

Thanks for reading.

ikinai
08.15.2013 , 01:57 PM | #2
I had a suggestion like this last year in the suggest-o-Rama forums, and I still approve it.

Two thumbs and a full on wipe out from me
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

Enteum
08.15.2013 , 03:13 PM | #3
I think a racing minigame would be cool. Be it swoop or pods. I think it would be cool if your racer was upgradeable too. Like buying different parts for it. Much like you do companions and your ship. Hell even paint work Oh yeah customization. I would be in for this.

Aries_cz
08.15.2013 , 03:23 PM | #4
Wow, some thought has been put to this, and the result is quite good, and it looks like it could actually work.

I would also love the chance to upgrade our swoop bikes.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

LordArtemis
08.15.2013 , 09:53 PM | #5
Yea, It would be nice if they were actual vehicles instead of the way it's set up now, so we could adjust them, tune them, change their appearance, etc.

LordArtemis
11.11.2013 , 05:39 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Enteum View Post
I think a racing minigame would be cool. Be it swoop or pods. I think it would be cool if your racer was upgradeable too. Like buying different parts for it. Much like you do companions and your ship. Hell even paint work Oh yeah customization. I would be in for this.
I would think it would be more possible now with the upcoming release of GS, since that could provide the framework needed.

AlexDougherty
11.11.2013 , 08:20 AM | #7
Sounds good, I miss swoop racing from Kotor, add some swoop mods to fine tune the racer, choose whether to go a bit faster or a bit more maneouverable. I would support this.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

LordArtemis
11.13.2013 , 01:06 AM | #8
Yea, I think that a boost course would be best to work within how mounts are done in the game.

LordArtemis
11.20.2013 , 11:41 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Sounds good, I miss swoop racing from Kotor, add some swoop mods to fine tune the racer, choose whether to go a bit faster or a bit more maneouverable. I would support this.
Considering the upgrade system in GS, as well as the limited ability bar and the like, I think they could use the GS interface and mechanics as a frame for this.

Sarfux
11.20.2013 , 11:46 AM | #10
Good idea LordArtemis. I like it. Very well thought out
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System