Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

4v4: problems with acid pit and turtle comp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
4v4: problems with acid pit and turtle comp
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Megatfx
08.15.2013 , 10:34 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Lawyered.
Who do you think is going to last longer in sudden death? Triple healer or single healer genius? Duh no two teams can heal each other forever in it, but the winner goes to last man standing, a cc chain on the single healer is going to wipe his team while the triple healer outlasts the dots.

Seriously... Duh

Yodawizard
08.15.2013 , 10:34 AM | #12
Lawyered.
No comp will survive sure, doesn't mean one comp can't survive LONGER than another.....

smellmop
08.15.2013 , 10:36 AM | #13
No I think he is trying to come up with a strat to win the, sudden death part of the match if it goes too long...assuming that tank/heals combos would be able to tank/heal through the dot damage better than a group of dps.
-Tarro Blood -> Corellian Run -> The Shadowlands-
Gunslinger: Hasenbensoba Vanguard: Ajmurphy; Scoundrel: Obi'haave; Sorcerer: Impossibreu Guardian: Shrėk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=labL_KAD2rk

Razamatazz
08.15.2013 , 10:41 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post

No comp will be able to survive the Sudden Death effect. Please see my post about this from yesterday for more information.
I don't believe he is talking about surviving the gas indefinitely, just long enough for the other team to die. With a healer heavy team you just live long enough for sudden death to start, and throw out enough heals to last the gas longer than your opponent. I know it ticks a percentage of health, but it says nothing about healing while under the effect. For instance, a Sage throws out a salvation on the team while a scoundrel spams emergency medpacs in the gas. Meanwhile the teams Guardian tank locks down the enemy healer to stop their healing.

Is there any mechanic to stop this strategy?

MrFrezzer
08.15.2013 , 10:43 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Yodawizard View Post
No comp will survive sure, doesn't mean one comp can't survive LONGER than another.....
You should hear all the turtle comps people are talking about. Every one turned into PVE ****.
Frezz

If we ever reach the point where every class thinks they are completely balanced and everything is great, I'll take the red pill and unplug from the matrix. - Greg Zoeller

cycao
08.15.2013 , 10:43 AM | #16
I'm sure people will do this, players are always looking for an edge and if that's the way they want to do it then so be it.

They will only ruin what could be a great thing.

Megatfx
08.15.2013 , 10:43 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by smellmop View Post
No I think he is trying to come up with a strat to win the, sudden death part of the match if it goes too long...assuming that tank/heals combos would be able to tank/heal through the dot damage better than a group of dps.
Ding ding we have a winner.

Alex do some testing on this, i see you'll find the healer team will and should outlive the acid over dps comps 100% of the time. Triple op healers one jugg tank will wipe the enemy team in sudden death every time and will survive to sudden death every time. All the jugg has to do is back hand into force push the sole enemy healer while acid has encompassed the entire arena for his team to die while the triple healer keeps his team alive long enough for the enemy team to die. This method will be abused.

cycao
08.15.2013 , 10:48 AM | #18
Could add a debuff if too many healers are present.

1 healer no debuff
2 healers 25% healing reduction.
3 healers 50% healing reduction.
4 healers 75% healing reduction.

I just don't see why someone would want to do this for 15 minutes as its the anti fun but then again if it gets you a rating...

AlexModny
08.15.2013 , 10:51 AM | #19 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Sorry everyone, I did a bad and left out a key factor in the Sudden Death gas effect. You won't receive any healing while in the gas.

So to sum up the gas effects are:
  1. Takes the character out of stealth
  2. Places the character in combat
  3. Places a Damage-over-Time effect on the character that deal % of Health damage every tick
  4. Prevents the character from receiving healing effects

Theory craft away!
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

Megatfx
08.15.2013 , 10:51 AM | #20
Could add a debuff if too many healers are present.

1 healer no debuff
2 healers 25% healing reduction.
3 healers 50% healing reduction.
4 healers 75% healing reduction.

I just don't see why someone would want to do this for 15 minutes as its the anti fun but then again if it gets you a rating...
To win. Simply to win