Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ideas for LvL 55 abilities.

08.15.2013 , 07:56 AM | #1
I don't know if any of you guys do this but lately I have been thinking up new abilities for level 55 so far I have an idea for the powertech/vanguard advanced classes and for both the inquisitor/consulars advanced classes, I wanted to post them on here so you can read about them and tell me what you think, if any of you guys has thought up some level 55 abilities then please post them and now here are the ones I have so far.if you have a better idea for names or names for the ones I have not named please post them.

Powertech
Ability name: ???
Level: 55
Heat:45
Channeled: 4 seconds.

The powertech activates his/her jetpack rocketing upward while spraying fire downward into a ten meter radius, enemy's who are hit by the flames are slowed by 75% and suffer for high elemental damage over the duration.

Vanguard.
Ability name: EMP bomb.
Level:55
Energy cells:45
Channeled:4 seconds.
The vanguard activates a EMP bomb that ionizes the air around him/her for ten meters and sends out electric shocks slowing all enemy's in range for 75% and dealing high elemental(electric shocks would be elemental right? over the duration.

Now I did not make up the sage/sorcerer ability I am about to write about it is actually a ability used by Yadira ban the final boss on the black talon flashpoint called cyclone nova I just tried to think of its specifics.

Sage/sorcerer.
Ability name: cyclone nova.
Force:120
Charge time: 5 seconds

Pulls in all enemy's with in 20 meters to your location at the start of the cast time and slows there movement speed by 50% percent when cast time is complete you send out a shock wave that deals moderate damage and knocks down all enemy's within 15 meter for 4 seconds.

Sith assassin.
Ability name:???
Force: 60
Cast time:3 seconds

Charges then absorbs your current lightsaber charge for a minute long affect that varies based on your current charge
LIGHTNING CHARGE: damage dealt is increased by 15% and every ten seconds you send out electric shocks for light damage.
DARK CHARGE: increases all healing received by 15% and heals you for 5% of you total health every ten seconds.

Please tell me what you think I am open to criticism

ImpactHound
08.15.2013 , 08:42 AM | #2
I would call the powertech ability "Cryoburn", and the sith ability "Twynshokk."

Lionflash
08.15.2013 , 09:09 AM | #3
Sniper

Ability name: Scope
Instant
Duration: 4.5 secones
Cooldown: 1.5 minutes

Increases the range of Snipe, Ambush and Takedown to 70 meters.

ImpactHound
08.15.2013 , 09:42 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Sniper

Instant

I like to be able to fight back & know what direction I'm being attacked from.

Lionflash
08.15.2013 , 09:47 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ImpactHound View Post
Don't worry. You'll see the red tracking laser.

LordArtemis
08.15.2013 , 10:00 AM | #6
First, I would suggest this...

Quote:
Shockwave
Instant
Cooldown: 120 seconds
Range: 4 m
Deals 196 energy damage and knocks back all enemies within 8 meters. Standard and weak enemies are additionally knocked down for 3 seconds. Does not effect enemy players.
Quote:
Force Nova
Instant
Cooldown: 120 seconds
Range: 4 m
Deals 196 energy damage and knocks back all enemies within 8 meters. Standard and weak enemies are additionally knocked down for 3 seconds. Does not effect enemy players.
I am suggesting an ability similar to the original Overload and Force Wave ability that would be added back to the game. This ability would provide the 360 degree knockback at close range, have a reasonable cooldown and would not work in PVP (would not work on enemy players).

The old animation, with the trigger at the end would be used.

I would further suggest that a "palm push" animation that is used for some of the instant burst force lightning and similar Jedi abilities be used for Overload and Force Wave instead of the current animation. Would be a much better fit.

Then I would suggest the following perks to being light alignment or dark alignment.

Energy Pools and weapon type

Light alignment should provide a bonus to the health bar regeneration rate and total amount. The higher your alignment, the better the regeneration rate and total bonus amount.

Dark alignment should provide a bonus to the secondary power bar regeneration rate and total amount. The higher your alignment, the better the regeneration rate and total bonus amount.

Maxing out your alignment would allow you to change your weapon type as follows:

Force based characters would receive the ability to use either dual sabers, single saber or a double saber.
Weapon based characters would get the ability to use either pistols, rifles or cannons.

Note that though animations would change the damage output would remain the same. The only benefit is the appearance change. Naturally any ability that requires a unique animation based on the prior weapon setup would still work, but would now use a standard animation.

Here is an example. Rupture for a Sith Warrior requires two lightsabers to use. For a Sith that has chosen a dual saber or a single saber, he draws out two single sabers to do the special, then redraws the original weapon choice.

This already happens in the game with companions and with your character during cutscenes...you will pull out the weapon appropriate to the situation, fire it, then return it. So this can be done so that current animations can be used.

Changes to the behavior and appearance of abilities as your alignment changes - Jedi and Sith

Right now Sith use the dark side of the force for their abilities, Jedi use the light side. That much is obvious. However, you can turn to the light or dark side based on your alignment, and in spite of your class. You can be a Jedi and have a Dark alignment, or visa versa.

I am suggesting that once someone actually reaches Dark or Light 5 and they are the opposite class...Jedi at Dark 5 or Sith at Light 5, your abilities should no longer appear to come from the side of the force that you started with or usually use in your class. Here is how I would suggest it works.

Dark side force user

Light III - The dark power begins to diminish from your abilities. You can see that the light side is beginning to take hold of you. (dark side effects are dialed back, the animation effects look like a mix between light and dark)

Light V - You have now turned to the light side of the force. Your abilities are now vested in light force energy. (your abilities now visually match a Knight or Consular)

Light side force user

Dark III - You are tempted by the dark side of the force. You can see that the light side is beginning to leave you as you walk further down the dark path. (light side effects are dialed back, the animation effects look like a mix between light and dark)

Dark V - Your journey to the dark side is complete. Your abilities are now empowered by dark force energy. (your abilities now visually match a Warrior or Inquisitor)

Note that since Dark and Light side abilities, within specific classes are mirrors. The animations are essentially the only difference. Therefore the animations and effects can be changed without effecting the function or output of the abilities.

And then finally the brand new abilities....

The following additional skills unlocked per character class, for either EC or cartel coins...

Sith Inquisitor

Shockwave - Old overload ability. Only works in PVE (disabled for PVP).
Dark Consumption - AoE life leech attack, causes moderate damage (half of lightning storm) but heals caster for 50 percent of all damage done. Cast on the ground, can move out of effect area to avoid effect.
Dark Recharge - AoE force leech attack, causes moderate damage (1/4 of lightning storm) but recharges caster's force power for 50 percent of all damage done. Damages caster for same amount of health damage as targets. Cast on the ground, can move out of effect area to avoid effect.

Sith Warrior

Force Push - Can only be cast while force choke is active, works the same as current overload. Higher chance for knockdown than overload. Can pin target against walls and other objects temporarily.
Force Crush - Very short range AoE force choke, half the power of single target choke, small chance to cause disorientation. Does not work in PVP. Uses large amount of rage.
Obliterate - Can only be cast while force crush is active. Fires off strong dark force powered AoE shockwave that does tremendous damage to all in it's range, group member or mob, including yourself. Does not effect those not in your group or enemy players. Medium chance to kill weak or standard enemies instantly. Generates a high amount of threat. Reduces rage meter to zero.

Imperial Agent

Call reinforcements - Ability to summon three weak dark troopers to fight by your side, will not despawn until defeated or out of combat.
Malfunction - Ability to cause weapon malfunctions, reducing damage temporarily. Strong effect on droids and turrets.
Mind control - Ability to take control of enemy's mind using chemicals...target will temporarily become Agent's ally. Can only be cast on one mob at a time, very short duration. Does not work on droids or players.

Bounty Hunter

Snare - Grabs one enemy and pulls that enemy to you, disoriented. CC ability. Mob remains disoriented until damaged.
Fireball - AoE DoT, Fires gas canister that erupts in flame when it strikes the ground, burning anyone inside it's burn radius. Very effective against humanoid targets. Medium range. Can cause weak and standard NPC targets to run around in fear. Acts as natural barrier to mob movement.
Dropkick - Strong knockback attack on single target, acts as interrupt, same effect as current overload, animation similar to side kick.

Jedi Consular

Force Project - AoE at range, single target throw up close. Ability to draw large objects out of the ground and throw them at a small group of targets, or grab a single target close to you and throw that mob at another mob. Single target pull has a chance to fail, no chance against droids. Knockdown effect is strong if you throw one mob into another.
Force Quake - AoE ability, group knockdown at range for droids. Does not work against humanoid targets.
Force Hold - Can hold a single target frozen in the air indefinitely, target becomes immune to damage. Must remain motionless...any action will break the effect, including if caster is damaged or healed. Can be used on allies. Does not work in PVP.

Jedi Knight

Force deflect - temporary buff that will reflect all damage back to the mobs that cause it. Works on multiple targets, close range ability. Does not work in PVP.
Knockback - Must be cast while Force Deflect is active, throws back single target similar to current overload. Small chance to cause disorientation to weak and standard targets.
Force rally - temporarily increases accuracy, damage resistance and health regeneration for all group members and allies when cast. Increases threat. Can be cast during combat.

Smuggler

Focus fire - Single shot attack that strikes for 50 percent more damage and leaves target disoriented, attack must charge, can be interrupted. 50 percent chance to miss.
Confuse - AoE disorientation gas, allows Smuggler to break threat, takes out of combat. Does not work in PVP (no effect on players).
Quick - Consumption of spice, increases regeneration of all pools temporarily by 50 percent, long cooldown. Can be cast on others and used in combat.

Trooper

Call droids - Ability to summon three weak droids that will heal all allies, remove negative effects and draw agro. Non-combatant droids. Will not despawn unless killed or combat ends.
Bodyslam - Direct attack ability, short range, that allows Trooper to pick up enemy and slam them into the ground. Very strong damage and disorientation. Can be avoided.
Sacrifice - Trooper can set a self destruct bomb on their person that will explode in a very strong AoE attack, short range raidus. Will reduce the Troopers health to minimal levels. Very strong knockback effect.

10.29.2013 , 08:53 AM | #7
I was thinking about assassins and shadows and I remembered seeing some comments on youtube complaining that shadows and assassins can not renter stealth in combat, so I made up this

Shadow/assassin
NAME: stealth rush.
LEVEL: 55.
FORCE: not sure here, 25,30?.
USE: activates a stealth rush that hides you from sight for five(5) seconds.(I was also thinking that when it ends naturally or by the activation of another ability you gain two charges of sith strength or shadows will, each charge increases the damage or healing delt your next melee or force ability by 25 or 30%).

Please tell me if you like the original one I posted or this one better.

Imhotep
10.29.2013 , 09:06 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ImpactHound View Post
I have a Sniper and I tend to agree with you. I can see it being some decent comedy value though
The Ofali Legacy
Imhotep - Mercenary
Anubis - Marauder | Nama'Kubi - Sniper | Sėkhmet - Sorcerer

Guildmaster of the Nemesis Syndicate - The Harbinger - Maybe™

VitalityPrime
10.29.2013 , 09:12 AM | #9
Jedi Knight

Force Pulse

AoE Knockback

1 min CD

Cost: 6 to 12 focus

A more powerful yet weaker version of Force Push.

More powerful in the sense that it's an AoE knockback...hitting multiple enemies.
Weaker in the sense that it deals less damage than Force Push.

Animation would be a pulse of force eminating from your body.
"A great leap forward often requires first taking two steps back"
"And sometimes all it requires is the will to jump"

PhilD
10.29.2013 , 09:18 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Sniper

Instant

It would be like playing Star Wars: Battlefront all over again! Needless to say, I would love it.
The Finglonger Legacy