Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Warzone Arenas

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Warzone Arenas
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ML_DoubleTap
08.14.2013 , 12:17 PM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by Trevalion View Post
Another question:

Will character transfer be enabled to PTS this Friday?
It's currently enabled. I just moved a couple. Unless the success message is just smoke in mah rear.
<Proper Villians> Rhees Bonkurz

<Army of Light> Tann'se Siir Atone Askar Grills

ELECTRICJUDGMENT
08.14.2013 , 12:21 PM | #202
ALEX!

2.4 looks awesome! But I have a few concerns.

- Will 8v8 still exist for non-ranked?

- I solo grinded like 14 pieces of EWH to min/max my character, only to have the Expertise removed and made useless for open world PvP. Will the next tier of PvP gear be the last for a while? Please don't ask me to grind another set in 6 months time.

- Please lower the cost of individual Mods by about 300 commendations. Right now they cost the same as pieces containing both Armoring and Mods with Enhancements.

Monsofo
08.14.2013 , 12:22 PM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
Of course! We are going to pay close attention to what builds and classes players are leaning towards and away from on PTS. If something comes up we will take appropriate action.
Just wanted to point out that the ONLY was this is even remotely possible is with CHARACTER TRANSFER to PTS. The last (as many as I can remember now) PvP 'testing' patches on PTS have had zero players able to do any testing. The only way you can "pay close attention to what builds and classes players are leaning towards' is to allow players to bring current characters over. Otherwise you have what you had for Alderan Civil War testing... NO Q's....
Team Sofa - Fear the Lekku <GUA>

AlexModny
08.14.2013 , 12:23 PM | #204 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by ELECTRICJUDGMENT View Post
Will 8v8 still exist for non-ranked?
8v8 Warzones for non-ranked aren't going anywhere.
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

cycao
08.14.2013 , 12:24 PM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by ELECTRICJUDGMENT View Post
ALEX!

2.4 looks awesome! But I have a few concerns.

- Will 8v8 still exist for non-ranked?
Yes, arenas and 8v8 will be mixed in with the regular queue. Ranked however will either be solo only or group only.

My question I was going to ask is somewhat about this and that is will there be any chance to separate 8v8 and arenas in the normal queues if it shows that server populations can handle it?

Trevalion
08.14.2013 , 12:25 PM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by ML_DoubleTap View Post
It's currently enabled. I just moved a couple. Unless the success message is just smoke in mah rear.
Good to hear, thanks for that information

rickibalboa
08.14.2013 , 12:27 PM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
8v8 Warzones for non-ranked aren't going anywhere.
Are we going to be able to queue as an 8 man team in non ranked?

AlexModny
08.14.2013 , 12:28 PM | #208 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
My question I was going to ask is somewhat about this and that is will there be any chance to separate 8v8 and arenas in the normal queues if it shows that server populations can handle it?
That is a possibility depending on other factors besides queue population as well, but not promises and definitely no timetable on such a change.

AlexModny
08.14.2013 , 12:31 PM | #209 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by rickibalboa View Post
Are we going to be able to queue as an 8 man team in non ranked?
Not at this time, no.

MeRRR
08.14.2013 , 12:31 PM | #210
Just reiterating a few questions that I have not seen addressed:

Quote: Originally Posted by MeRRR View Post
How will you balance the rewards with this 4v4 system to a point that does not encourage trade killing?

Seems like it will be WAY too easy to farm ranked comms by having 2 teams just trade wins back and forth... and with your matchmaking system.. their ratings will go up equally as well, only encouraging it more..
Quote: Originally Posted by MeRRR View Post
If I am playing a hybrid Sawbones/Dirty Fighting scoundrel, what role am I filling?
Do i still get to play?

Just a hypothetical, I'm sure you guys thought about this, as there are other hybrids out there that float in between two roles.