Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Warzone Arenas

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Warzone Arenas
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Scriffle
08.14.2013 , 10:24 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by joncame View Post
do us a favour will you alex?

You stated in your post about the removal of ranked warzones.

Answer the questions being put forward in this thread by the competitive pvp community instead of dodging around them? Hardly doing your post justice leaving every stone unturned.
this
this
- Koré -Operative on Tomb Of Freedonn Nadd
Unavailable
Get free cartel market unlocks and a free character transfer! Click!

AlexNautolan
08.14.2013 , 10:32 AM | #112
There are no drawbacks for keeping ranked warzones as they are in the game. This was a major PvP patch and you took out the most competitive part. If you continue with removing ranked warzones, the arenas and warzones will be flooded with extremely bad players with no knowledge about the game and maybe the occasional decent player.

I know alot of guilds and players transferred their characters from all over EU to ToFN, spending money in order to play ranked. And just a couple of months later you take out ranked warzones.

Also, please stop making a fool out of yourself Alex and stop dodging rwz questions.

DkSharktooth
08.14.2013 , 10:32 AM | #113
5 Minutes seems way to short for sudden death gas cloud. What if two teams are good at playing defensively and just need to wait till a few resets on cooldowns to get something done? What if a marauder team needs to wait till the next bloodthirst to get a kill? I don't understand why tests came to a 5minute duration before outside interference takes over.

Evuo
08.14.2013 , 10:32 AM | #114
Greetings,

Will bolster be active in all arena warzone type matches or just limited to non-ranked matches?

RikuvonDrake
08.14.2013 , 10:32 AM | #115
Question had already been answered

Chrisarn
08.14.2013 , 10:32 AM | #116
Can you do Solo and/or grouped Arenas @ level 55 without having it be Ranked?
May the Force be with you.

Kreapen
08.14.2013 , 10:33 AM | #117
How many rounds will each Arena warzone be? Best of 1? Best of 3? Best of 5?

Really looking forward to checking them out!
Zeroday - Elec-tric - Infrared - Kreapen
The Bastion
<BOSS>

Sammennn
08.14.2013 , 10:34 AM | #118
If you think removing 8v8 Ranked PVP is due to the lack of players doing it;

Why aren't you removing Nightmare modes off of PVE? On #TOFN we clearly have more ranked games than people doing nightmare modes every night.

You're making no sense Alex.

I want nightmare modes removed in next "MAJOR PVE PATCH". You're literally throwing PVPers down off the cliff.
Thetopdog shall live on
i am a nobody and i shall remain a nobody

ceelaniri
08.14.2013 , 10:34 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by MeRRR View Post
If I am playing a hybrid Sawbones/Dirty Fighting scoundrel, what role am I filling?
Do i still get to play?

Just a hypothetical, I'm sure you guys thought about this, as there are other hybrids out there that float in between two roles.
that s a good point.

Could be applied to Carolina Parakeet specs too, both tank and dps spec?
Masamoto Pentesilhea

Izorii
08.14.2013 , 10:34 AM | #120
Only thing I can think is this doesn't really seem to be the massive improvement on current PvP. I cant see how this will get PVE players into PvP or why current PvP players will be uber excited about simply having 4 man death matches over the current maps?

Just not seeing why this is so amazing? Or how it will save PvP?