Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Warzone Arenas

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Warzone Arenas
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Glower
08.14.2013 , 10:02 AM | #81
Quote:
“Get in there and go berserk!” – Baron Deathmark
in 2.4 or later?
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Sammennn
08.14.2013 , 10:04 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
You cannot spend skill points while in the queue or while in a Warzone. If you did this you would have no spec while in a match.
You're still ignoring the fact what a major impact this will be in Warzones.

This will obliterate the entire idea of winning a warzone if you're unlucky with the matchmaking.
Thetopdog shall live on
i am a nobody and i shall remain a nobody

Maelael
08.14.2013 , 10:04 AM | #83
Of course! We are going to pay close attention to what builds and classes players are leaning towards and away from on PTS. If something comes up we will take appropriate action.
I believe this is specifically the concern multiple class reps will have. BH/Troopers are mostly unwanted for the current warzones, I'd hate to see the situation get worse. The other classes have at least 1 viable/wanted spec - however for arenas, I see this dwindling.

We have discussed this and we might do this at some point but not for 2.4. A lot more considerations need to be made for this to work.
I definitely implore your team to work on this soon. Even if its 1 healer slot, maximum 2 healer slots, it would rapidly fix many frustrations (Tank is nice, but truly optional - also not well understood how to play by most people in tank spec). Is there some sort of fruit basket or cake we can send your office to get this accomplished faster?

We have tried this and the HP amount and knockbacks didn't give them a significant advantage over other tools that other classes have. Since the gas deals damage based off of health percentage and goes through defenses having more HP doesn't directly mean you can last longer in the gas.
Well in this case, my concern is not for the gas killing the sins, but more of the other team being unable to kill the tank sins before the tank sins and the gas kill them. Has this been well experimented with?
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no fear; there is power.
I am the heart of the Force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness.
In balance with chaos and harmony, Immortal in the Force.

Han_trololo
08.14.2013 , 10:04 AM | #84
So why do you remove 8v8 ranked warzones?
Enratent Rentatent Imeanttent Sceantinmytent Ventmytent
THE TENT
Also
DelicateSunset DelicateRainbow

znihilist
08.14.2013 , 10:04 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
How is it at all courageous to take things away from players already unhappy with there being too few things to do? It would be entirely understandable if the presence of 8v8 ranked hurt those players who didn't enjoy them, but it doesn't.

Saying, "there are problems so we are taking them away until we have them sorted out" is like saying, "Since Annihilation Marauder DPS is too weak we're removing the tree from the game right now."
Still takes courage and boldness to do so, whether you agree with it or not.
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Can't Talk About it Now.

Eillack
08.14.2013 , 10:05 AM | #86
Oh God no....another Huttball map......why!?
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

cashogy_reborn
08.14.2013 , 10:06 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Oh God no....another Huttball map......why!?
Because huttball is one of the few awesome PvP related things this game has.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

TUXs
08.14.2013 , 10:07 AM | #88
Alex,

In beta we had BIGGER Warzone groups than 8v8 (in CW it was 12v12 I believe). Rather than going smaller and smaller, are there any plans to increase the number? Smaller numbers bother me...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

ceelaniri
08.14.2013 , 10:07 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
The blog says role.
i read that but how is the role determined? Any class can fill in two roles bar Sniper/Marauder.

With the Group Finder, on a sorc I can currently queue both as a healer and dps while being in dps spec.

Which lead to the question about how will the role be assessed by the matchmaking system?
Masamoto Pentesilhea

AlexModny
08.14.2013 , 10:07 AM | #90 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by ceelaniri View Post
Not sure if my question was read:

Is the Matchmaking system based on the player's class archetype or on the player's current spec.
Current spec.
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]