Does sniper do more damage then Gunslinger?

sixfreshcookies

Im looking at both classes and I know their skills are the same, but one uses a pistol in its offhand to increase its damage and the other uses a vibro blade for meele? The pistol in the offhand only has 60% aim as where the sniper rifle is the full front of the snipers damage and has 90% aim. so my question is does the sniper do more damage at the end or does the gunslinger since he uses two range weapons instead of a heavy range and meele:confused:

They will be different play styles. Typical of games like SWTOR, there will definitely be a class which theoretically does more damage, but it will be in Bioware's best interests to do as much to balance damage output across all DPS classes. This early in the game, expect many "flavor of the month" classes while Bioware gets a feel for balance.

Even after Bioware has a good handle on things, there are so many other factors to consider such as player skill, latency, and the individual encounter mechanics which are going to change who does the most damage for that fight.

TL;DR version - even if there was a simple "sniper/gunslinger does more" answer now, expect it to change, and expect it to depend on your skill.

They will be different play styles. Typical of games like SWTOR, there will definitely be a class which theoretically does more damage, but it will be in Bioware's best interests to do as much to balance damage output across all DPS classes. This early in the game, expect many "flavor of the month" classes while Bioware gets a feel for balance.

Even after Bioware has a good handle on things, there are so many other factors to consider such as player skill, latency, and the individual encounter mechanics which are going to change who does the most damage for that fight.

TL;DR version - even if there was a simple "sniper/gunslinger does more" answer now, expect it to change, and expect it to depend on your skill.

i don't think you understand, gunslinger is the mirror class of sniper, thus they should be 1:1 but because a sniper uses a main hand weapon with a offhand melee i think it will pull ahead. then again the math may make them equal.

From my experience in CBT, Snipers wielding the 2Handed Sniper Rifle does more burst damage (front-loaded) at the cost of slightly less efficient energy usage. The Gunslinger DW Blaster Pistols with slightly better sustained damage (back-loaded) and energy efficiency.

Yes, they are mirrored classes. But when you factor in DW and OH Miss/Damage changes compared to a single 2H Sniper Rifle, the Sniper Rifle will hit harder up front, but the DW Blasters should theoretically "catch up" and the overall damage should break even.

However, this most likely is not the case, but the classes should still be within a +/- 5% margin if Bioware is doing their jobs correctly :)

i was doing some of the math and the best pistols out their are 260 starting damage and a sniper is 400. so 260 +(260 x.3)(duel wield multiplier) the sniper rifle does more damage. I talked to someone that was level 40 on both and a level 20 on both and it seems they agree that sniper does do more. I just wish i had some solid facts about it

Yes, but you are looking at it from a moment in time based on what the weapon says it does damage-wise.

Try looking at it over the course of a fight and take into account energy usage/efficiency, etc.

You will probably find that they are close together as far as total damage output is concerned.