Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scheduled Maintenance for Server Consolidation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Scheduled Maintenance for Server Consolidation
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
08.09.2013 , 12:15 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
On Tuesday August 13th,2013 we will be performing scheduled maintenance for consolidation of APAC into West Coast North American servers. There will not be a patch to download during this downtime. Details are as follows:

APAC and NA-West Coast Servers will be unavailable from August 12th 10PM PDT (August 13th 5AM UTC; 3PM EST-AU) until August 13th 10AM PDT (5PM UTC; August 14th 3AM EST-AU).

To minimize downtime for other services, NA-East Coast and European Servers, SWTOR.com, and the game launcher will remain available for several more hours. We anticipate they will come down on August 13th between 12 AM and 4 AM PDT and will remain unavailable until 10AM PDT (5PM UTC).

During maintenance, updates and additional information will be posted on our Twitter account.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

idnewton
08.09.2013 , 02:57 PM | #2
You'd better have your tech guys on standby. I estimate a 90% chance Harbinger will crash that day.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

MidichIorian
08.09.2013 , 03:03 PM | #3
How about opening up trans-atlantic transfers while you're at it ? :P

RButchie
08.09.2013 , 03:09 PM | #4
Your frequent updates are tiresome!!

Some of us play at that time!!

veyl
08.09.2013 , 03:13 PM | #5
As long as you don't merge the east coast servers again and I lose all of my names...again...when i've been here since beta.

mrpayday
08.09.2013 , 09:06 PM | #6
1. What happens if I have too many characters on a server after the merge?

2. How does this effect the bounty hunter event start time? It's starting about that time isn't it?

ok so European servers are going down 2-6 hours after?

fire-breath
08.10.2013 , 12:14 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
On Tuesday August 13th,2013 we will be performing scheduled maintenance for consolidation of APAC into West Coast North American servers. There will not be a patch to download during this downtime. Details are as follows:

APAC and NA-West Coast Servers will be unavailable from August 12th 10PM PDT (August 13th 5AM UTC) until August 13th 10AM PDT (5PM UTC).
This timeframe makes sense . The following for NA-East and Europe doesn't

Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post

To minimize downtime for other services, NA-East Coast and European Servers, SWTOR.com, and the game launcher will remain available for several more hours. We anticipate they will come down on August 13th between 12 AM and 4 AM PDT and will remain unavailable until 10AM PDT (5PM UTC)
What I read here is that the servers may go down on 12 AM PDT. They will come online again 2 hours EARLIER on 10 AM PDT. Something in there must be a mistype. Can you please elaborate more about the downtime courtney? (PS: don't forget to post the UTC-times for our convenience ;-))

EDIT:
Yesterday had a thought about it and besides the missing UTC times the times are correct indeed. Since I never use the 12 hours AM/PM system I forgot that time goes from 11 PM to 12 AM. Feel like a noob now

The converted downtime to UTC would be from 7 AM UTC / 11 AM UTC till 5 PM UTC.

Fractal_Eye
08.10.2013 , 01:40 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
This timeframe makes sense . The following for NA-East and Europe doesn't

What I read here is that the servers may go down on 12 AM PDT. They will come online again 2 hours EARLIER on 10 AM PDT. Something in there must be a mistype. Can you please elaborate more about the downtime courtney? (PS: don't forget to post the UTC-times for our convenience ;-))
Actually, if it was supposed to be online 2 hours earlier, then it would be 10 PM PDT (on the 12th, too), not 10 AM PDT. The times listed are right.

Master-Nala
08.10.2013 , 10:56 AM | #9
Will people already on the West coast servers have the potential for losing their character names? If so, why?

Shadowoz
08.10.2013 , 11:19 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
Will people already on the West coast servers have the potential for losing their character names? If so, why?
No, when a transferred characters name is already taken on the server , the transferred character has to be renamed.