Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The REAL Most Powerful Lightsaber Duelists

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The REAL Most Powerful Lightsaber Duelists

Beniboybling
08.09.2013 , 06:18 AM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Here's the Shadow Hunter quote.

Though it was true that he had slowed slightly in the years that Mace Windu had known him, Yoda's skill with a lightsaber was still second to none on the council.

--Taken from Darth Maul Shadow Hunter
There are a quite a few more two:

To the uninitiated, lightsaber combat can seem like a confusing blur of swipes and blade clashes, but on close examination, the secrets of the Jedi Knights become clear. To understand the combat of these warriors, we must delve into the sacred history of the fabled Seven Forms of Jedi lightsaber combat and look at how these have played out in the Star Wars saga. Only then can we understand the extraordinary combat moves of Yoda, perhaps the greatest lightsaber master the Jedi Order has ever seen.

--Taken from Insider #62: Fightsaber: Jedi Lightsaber Combat

With a stooped, small appearance, Yoda may not look like a warrior, but his skills with a lightsaber were unequaled.

--Taken from Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force

Master Windu was also known within the Order for his unusual fighting style, one that he developed after studying the dueling styles of various lightsaber masters. His attacks consisted of relentless, unpredictable blows, like shots from an autoblaster. Master Windu himself remained perfectly balanced and centered. In the history of the Jedi Order, only two opponents ever overcame him in battle. One was Master Yoda, who some said was the Order's true master of lightsaber combat. The other was former Master Dooku, whose own fighting style was archaic, yet stunningly effective.

--Taken from the Power of the Jedi Sourcebook

So perhaps we should consider Yoda a canonically superior lightsaber duelist to Windu. Though that still leaves the question of Luke Skywalker... who achieved mastery over all seven lightsaber forms far faster than Yoda.

In fact if Yoda is a greater duelist than Windu then it is possible that conventional mastery over the seven lightsaber forms can surpass mastery over all aspects of the lightsaber, including Vaapad. And it can certainly be said that Skywalker is the greatest master over the seven lightsaber forms.

Selenial
08.09.2013 , 06:38 AM | #222
Dooku Vs Sidious is another to discuss...
But if you only want #1
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Beniboybling
08.09.2013 , 06:53 AM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Dooku Vs Sidious is another to discuss...
But if you only want #1
Sidious trashes Dooku with trollmastery.

tunewalker
08.09.2013 , 07:02 AM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
There are a quite a few more two:

To the uninitiated, lightsaber combat can seem like a confusing blur of swipes and blade clashes, but on close examination, the secrets of the Jedi Knights become clear. To understand the combat of these warriors, we must delve into the sacred history of the fabled Seven Forms of Jedi lightsaber combat and look at how these have played out in the Star Wars saga. Only then can we understand the extraordinary combat moves of Yoda, perhaps the greatest lightsaber master the Jedi Order has ever seen.

--Taken from Insider #62: Fightsaber: Jedi Lightsaber Combat

With a stooped, small appearance, Yoda may not look like a warrior, but his skills with a lightsaber were unequaled.

--Taken from Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force

Master Windu was also known within the Order for his unusual fighting style, one that he developed after studying the dueling styles of various lightsaber masters. His attacks consisted of relentless, unpredictable blows, like shots from an autoblaster. Master Windu himself remained perfectly balanced and centered. In the history of the Jedi Order, only two opponents ever overcame him in battle. One was Master Yoda, who some said was the Order's true master of lightsaber combat. The other was former Master Dooku, whose own fighting style was archaic, yet stunningly effective.

--Taken from the Power of the Jedi Sourcebook

So perhaps we should consider Yoda a canonically superior lightsaber duelist to Windu. Though that still leaves the question of Luke Skywalker... who achieved mastery over all seven lightsaber forms far faster than Yoda.

In fact if Yoda is a greater duelist than Windu then it is possible that conventional mastery over the seven lightsaber forms can surpass mastery over all aspects of the lightsaber, including Vaapad. And it can certainly be said that Skywalker is the greatest master over the seven lightsaber forms.
essentially why I think it should be 1. Luke like we had it originally.

Selenial
08.09.2013 , 07:09 AM | #225
Sidious trashes Dooku with trollmastery.
Sidious is great, mastered all dem forms, but Dookus was so Obscure, and incredible effective...

Quite a Smexeh style really
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

crqp
08.09.2013 , 08:01 AM | #226
Well Yoda in the clone Wars Defeated Droid tanks and even more droids on felucia. So i think that if yoda taught Luke his skills then that would mean Luke is better than mace because Yoda has beaten Mace. So we have the Emperor. Luke beat him but as an apprentice he was very strong in lighsaber combat. So evidently it goes

1 Yoda
2 Mace
3 Luke
4 Emperor

You might be wondering why Luke is third i will tell you why. Everyone says Mace was good and kind've made his own lightsaber form so he is second. yoda is first because he couldn't teach Luke everything. But Luke killed the Emperor so he is last. There.
TheTempest - Jedi Covenant-Mercanary
Long Live Mandalore!

wuzzuliki
08.09.2013 , 08:15 AM | #227
It's tough but I'd say Yoda first then Mace. Although Yoda vs Vapaad ... that might be interesting.

To be brutally honest, I just would rather see Luke lose at something. It annoys me how he makes the top of the list for everything haha. Not because i hate the character, but I'd rather Yoda or Mace take the top spot because of their fully described combat abilities.

LadyKulvax
08.09.2013 , 09:07 AM | #228
I agree with Beni, take away force speed and force valor from Sidious, Yoda and Luke, I would bet my arm that Windu would beat them all, he doesn't use the Force for his battles, he uses the most perfected lightsaber form ever seen, which he invented(with the help of Sora Bulq).
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Beniboybling
08.09.2013 , 09:14 AM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
I agree with Beni, take away force speed and force valor from Sidious, Yoda and Luke, I would bet my arm that Windu would beat them all, he doesn't use the Force for his battles, he uses the most perfected lightsaber form ever seen, which he invented(with the help of Sora Bulq).
If we take the quotes at face value it should be:

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Yoda
3. Mace Windu

or otherwise:

1. Mace Windu
2. Luke Skywalker
3. Yoda.

StarSquirrel
08.09.2013 , 09:24 AM | #230
If we take the quotes at face value it should be:

1. Luke Skywalker
2. Yoda
3. Mace Windu

or otherwise:

1. Mace Windu
2. Luke Skywalker
3. Yoda.
I like #2 lets go with that

In all seriousness, Luke, Yoda, and Sidious relied heavily on their superior force ability working in tandem with their saber skills to be as deadly as they where. Take the overwhelming force power advantage away and I can see Mace teaching each of them a lesson (he already did to one). If anything I'd say Yoda would be the one I'd see putting up the greatest fight.

I also stand beside Yoda's quote that Form VII was the deadliest and Windu is a Master of it.
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard