Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Color Palette Upgrade in Game Update 2.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Color Palette Upgrade in Game Update 2.3
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

idnewton
08.08.2013 , 02:29 PM | #11
I'm a fan.

For those people who run on different systems / graphics settings, perhaps it would be ideal to allow this feature to be turned on/off like other graphics settings? Then again if you plan on doing grayscale phases in certain missions, that may become a problem.

Either way, looks great.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 15 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
4/5 NiM DF 8M PVP BEST IN SLOT 5/5 NiM DF 16M

Basreia
08.08.2013 , 02:43 PM | #12
Every time I go into the game now, every place I am just in awe. It really makes the things stand out everywhere. You WANT to look at them. I keep supporting this because it's the best thing they could have done to the game Looks always goes good.
Use the force

MSchuyler
08.08.2013 , 03:05 PM | #13
Good job. Looks great. Don't worry about the naysayers and instant graphics experts. They don't like anything you do ever.

Twickers
08.08.2013 , 03:16 PM | #14
I just recently upgraded my computer to be able to play this game at the highest settings and they're stunning with these new changes, kudos to you guys.
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

Roalmo
08.08.2013 , 03:16 PM | #15
Whether you like it, hate it, or it's just meh, is based on your individual perception of the the changes or lack there of. That perception is based on many factors, primarily equipment used to run the game, and your individual vision provided by mother nature.

Thanks for the ability to turn it on or off.

LordArtemis
08.08.2013 , 03:45 PM | #16
Great changes IMO.

A few suggestions however....you have the script in place to disable the changes, I would suggest you create a toggle in the graphics options to actuate this script to disable the changes if folks desire to.

Also...now that you have done this I think it is time to revisit the idea of giving us various UI colors. I think Pub should be blue, Imperial red...you can offer different colors as an option.

It would be great to have some subdued and bright colors...I would suggest dark and light versions of all main colors allowed.

Thanks guys.

Ilith
08.08.2013 , 03:46 PM | #17
I like how the changes brighten up and accentuate detail in environments. However, I dislike how oversaturated character skintones now look on the character selection screen.

This could be partly due to the fact I am accustomed to how my characters have looked for the 1.5 years I've been playing them. Any change will look weird. But it also looks cartoony and not how I originally designed my characters. The news article states Republic areas have been made to look "warmer" and vice versa for Imperial ones. Yet I find my Imperial characters look extremely ruddy, particularly the ones on the Sith ship.

I would like it if this feature could be made more subtle on the character selection page.
"Just so you Jedi know, the whole 'cryptic' routine isn't mysterious, it's just irritating. If you really can see the future, you should be at the pazaak table." - Atton Rand

Virus_Bot
08.08.2013 , 05:18 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ilith View Post
I like how the changes brighten up and accentuate detail in environments. However, I dislike how oversaturated character skintones now look on the character selection screen.

This could be partly due to the fact I am accustomed to how my characters have looked for the 1.5 years I've been playing them. Any change will look weird. But it also looks cartoony and not how I originally designed my characters. The news article states Republic areas have been made to look "warmer" and vice versa for Imperial ones. Yet I find my Imperial characters look extremely ruddy, particularly the ones on the Sith ship.

I would like it if this feature could be made more subtle on the character selection page.
Before: http://postimg.org/image/4tgjvg9gb/

After: http://postimg.org/image/xqikk3uo7/
Decode-Bot - The Bastion.

Elrood
08.08.2013 , 05:38 PM | #19
Interesting article, thanks. And I also love the changes. The games looks better than ever.

Eillack
08.08.2013 , 05:59 PM | #20
Didn't really notice the changes in-game. Honestly, I still wish TOR went away from the 80s cartoon feel.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.