Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I am sick and tired of being hot pink!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I am sick and tired of being hot pink!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nemarus
08.08.2013 , 07:24 AM | #1
I spent tons of time, credits, and real money to achieve my look, and it is all rendered a WASTE because of the Assassin Dark Ward's effect. You know, I used to want the holocrons gone too, but at this point, I just need the pink glow gone.

This game is at a point in its life where small issues like this can really discourage continued play/pay, especially when new PC games and consoles are coming out.

Remember, if a Darkness Assassin is playing correctly, this skill should ALWAYS be in effect, which means during any combat, the character is a giant pink disco ball. Forget lightsaber color, the armor you're wearing, other proc effects, boss circles... all I see is pink! And it's got me seeing red. What were the designers thinking? Why isn't this a subtler dark purple/shadowy/lightning effect, like the rest of the Assassin's powers?

Shayd / Callem / RK-4X / "Trynt" - Leader of <Eclipse Squadron>, The Ebon Hawk
http://EclipseSquadron.enjin.com Imperial GSF-focused guild

"Serve the Emperor above all others."

Hockaday
08.08.2013 , 07:25 AM | #2
Yeah, apparently they decided to change purple to pink. Not sure why they just didn't go with purple...

Oh well :/
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

ImpactHound
08.08.2013 , 07:29 AM | #3
A subtle ploy to drive sales of pink saber crystals and pink dye kits. This is a slap in the face to masculine players BioWare!

Callaron
08.08.2013 , 07:43 AM | #4
Does it make me a bad person that I snickered at the OP's expense? =/
*coughs* On subject, purple would've been better indeed - it was already pretty much the inquisitor color.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Anysao
08.08.2013 , 07:45 AM | #5
Nobody takes me serious when I electrocute them anymore...
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.
You cannot escape the Moonbanger!The Ebon Hawk Starfighter Enthusiast.

Lionflash
08.08.2013 , 07:57 AM | #6
You think I like my rock belt? Welcome to the club...

The thing is, I wouldn't have a problem with Kinetic Ward if it was a sphere. I'm not against throwing rocks and hurling rocks and even being protected by rocks, it really feels like my Jedi's unique fighting style we compared to other Jedi in other time periods. But the "Rock Armor" only surrounds my stomache, hence the rock belt.

I would much prefer a spherical shield of rocks, it would be a nicer animation effect. Kinda like how this mount's animation works, except complete 360 like most other bubble shields in the game.

FromTheDuDe
08.08.2013 , 07:58 AM | #7
I thought this was more about the fact that if you're dark side lvl 10 you look like someone walked up and threw hot pink on you if you choose the zabrak red race...but ya...ya...that other thing you were talking about too.

BruceMaclean
08.08.2013 , 08:06 AM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemarus View Post
I spent tons of time, credits, and real money to achieve my look, and it is all rendered a WASTE because of the Assassin Dark Ward's effect. You know, I used to want the holocrons gone too, but at this point, I just need the pink glow gone.

This game is at a point in its life where small issues like this can really discourage continued play/pay, especially when new PC games and consoles are coming out.

Remember, if a Darkness Assassin is playing correctly, this skill should ALWAYS be in effect, which means during any combat, the character is a giant pink disco ball. Forget lightsaber color, the armor you're wearing, other proc effects, boss circles... all I see is pink! And it's got me seeing red. What were the designers thinking? Why isn't this a subtler dark purple/shadowy/lightning effect, like the rest of the Assassin's powers?

A giant pink disco ball ... OF DEATH! Seriously though: agreed on all counts, and just checked with the class design guys and they agree the visual effects should be changed to better match the darker purpler Inquisitor theme. We'll see what we can do!
Bruce Maclean | Senior Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

GrovesK
08.08.2013 , 09:06 AM | #9
Why not make the color of the effect be based on the color crystal you have in your shield/focus? That would be neat I think.
AmonRe - Commander of the Thirteenth Legion
The Ebon Hawk Server
Thirteenth Legion Recruitment and Guild News

MillionsKNives
08.08.2013 , 09:11 AM | #10
*ahem*
Does it really take posting these topics in general for them to actually get noticed?

That aside, I can't wait to stop being the team's flashlight. It's dangerous to go alone! Take this assassin.