Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

take away the need button for wrong classes

ademnus
12.22.2011 , 09:31 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelousWang View Post
While it is bad manners, and I do not encourage it.

People are selecting need because they do need it ... but they need it for their companion.

Until we get a companion need option between need and greed, people are free to selected need for companion gear, because you cannot viably solo without a properly geared companion (unless you are overleveled).
that may be but live players take precedence over companions any day
translation
Will the owner of a gray Death Star please move your non-moon planet-killing spacestation? You're blocking a fire hydrant.

ademnus
12.22.2011 , 09:33 PM | #12
and as a side note, devs, today i noticed that disassemble rolls outrank greed rolls. Seriously??
translation
Will the owner of a gray Death Star please move your non-moon planet-killing spacestation? You're blocking a fire hydrant.

Dischord
12.22.2011 , 10:27 PM | #13
The common rule is typically that Players outrank Companions, especially in a Full Group Flashpoint where the companion is not 'out'. If a secondary piece of loot drops that no one in the group can use, but a companion can, then use it.

I make certain those rules are *agreed* on by all players. If the players refuse to agree with the loot rules for the group, they are informed that they're not welcome in the group if they refuse to accept, and are then ejected from the group.

Just making certain that all players agree on the loot rules is a good way to circumvent prior to this situation coming up.

Kyjan Orikel - 50 Mercenary

MCHentz
12.22.2011 , 11:22 PM | #14
this is one of the main reasons I play with my wife and close friends. I hate the loot issues in game. My wife and I and our friends specifically took different classes so we would even have less of an issue with loot

bliapis
12.22.2011 , 11:24 PM | #15
I second that.... Disable need when not a class item/ AC item
i5 2500k OC @ 4Ghz | Thermaltek Hyper TX3 air cooler | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | Asus GTX580 CU | Asus Maximus IV GenZ/Gen3 | Thermatek 750W PSU -==- Server: Fredon Nad (EU)// Characters: [B]Vanguard L50: Clipjunkie// [B]Sentinel L50: Seithan// Juggernaur L50: Shaithis // Sorcerer L42: Rasthavas

ademnus
12.22.2011 , 11:27 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by MCHentz View Post
this is one of the main reasons I play with my wife and close friends. I hate the loot issues in game. My wife and I and our friends specifically took different classes so we would even have less of an issue with loot
Agreed but if we want a viable community where people can freely pug this option has got to be considered by the devs. otherwise, pugs are going to get shut out more and more unil teams are friends-only.

Is that what they want?
translation

ryancwn
12.23.2011 , 12:04 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ademnus View Post
Agreed but if we want a viable community where people can freely pug this option has got to be considered by the devs. otherwise, pugs are going to get shut out more and more unil teams are friends-only.

Is that what they want?
Or they should just scrap the need roll and do it the old fashion way. Round the robin all the way and let player decide if he want to give or sell the gear!

Need before greed is not fair and is blocking people from getting the reward they put into the dungeon, be it gearing up yourself or your companion etc. They have better loot system like the commendation and the loot bag so I dunno why they decided to use the flawed NBG system that is going to create drama over nothing.

Also, this other player put the same amount of contribution as you for the group and if he need a gear for w/e reason, then he is entitle to roll need.

EDIT: I'm amaze at how people think they should entitle to all the loot just because they happen to choose a class that able to use the loot. Before this abomination loot system appear. The person who get the loot would just sell the gear to the groupmate (a mini auction) or he could just grab it and sell it later.

MiraBindo
12.23.2011 , 12:23 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ryancwn View Post
Need before greed is not fair.
Uh, wut?

I cant even think of a way to reply to that.

That being said, if i need something for a companion ill usually ask the group if anyone needs it first. players should always come before companions.

ryancwn
12.23.2011 , 12:30 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MiraBindo View Post
Uh, wut?

I cant even think of a way to reply to that.

That being said, if i need something for a companion ill usually ask the group if anyone needs it first. players should always come before companions.
How is it fair when all put the same amount of effort and someone get 3+ loot while some get none just because the loot drop this time is better for his class? It is not fair at all. Not to mention people will always argue that my need is always better than your need.

Bourdon
12.23.2011 , 12:40 AM | #20
Have some respect for other players, and if they need something, don't roll need for your companion. You are just being selfish. The world doesn't revolve around you. I know for a fact that your companion DOESN'T need to be flashpoint/drop geared in order to level up efficiently. If you think this is the case, revise your tactics because you probably just aren't good at the game.