Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BREAKING NEWS: Tauntauns Tamed as Mounts on Hoth!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
BREAKING NEWS: Tauntauns Tamed as Mounts on Hoth!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
08.06.2013 , 09:45 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Determined efforts by zoologists on Hoth have led to the domestication of the tauntaun, an indigenous species of reptomammal that is well-adapted to the harsh, icy conditions on the planet. Until recently, the animals have proven too ill-tempered to serve as reliable mounts, with even the most docile tauntauns bucking their harnesses and throwing their riders regularly.

Read More
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Basreia
08.06.2013 , 03:46 PM | #2
Great! I am glad Tauntauns have made their way into the game. Have been waiting for animal mounts for the longest time. Perhaps this is what is more to come?
Use the force

ScarletBlaze
08.06.2013 , 03:49 PM | #3
And thank you for allowing the subscribers a special tauntaun mount which also costs less. Maybe this will stop the complaining that subscribers don't get anything special. (Well I can dream can' t I? lol)
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

Master_Hitsugaya
08.06.2013 , 04:07 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
And thank you for allowing the subscribers a special tauntaun mount which also costs less. Maybe this will stop the complaining that subscribers don't get anything special. (Well I can dream can' t I? lol)
you can dream but they will gripe eery chance they get. I swear bioware has some of the worst fans I am still not over how people acted to the Mass Effect 3 ending and then still wanted a whole new game even after the extended cut.

Sindorin
08.06.2013 , 04:11 PM | #5
Awesome!

Thanks, BioWare!
< White Rose >
For The Republic!
Oya, Surtr! Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum!

ikinai
08.06.2013 , 04:14 PM | #6
And I thought the fleet smelled bad before the taun tauns.

But seriously folks, hooray!
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

Belladoni
08.06.2013 , 05:55 PM | #7
I'm so excited! I've wanted one since I started playing!

Larsan
08.06.2013 , 06:24 PM | #8
Awesome, I will get one, but can you use a light saber to cut the tauntaun open and hide inside to gain health like in the old star wars movie? that be cool lol
OLSEN

Larsan
08.06.2013 , 06:26 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Larsan View Post
Awesome, I will get one, but can you use a light saber to cut the tauntaun open and hide inside to gain health like in the old star wars movie? that be cool lol
never trust a fat sith.
OLSEN

Grayhl
08.06.2013 , 06:29 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Basreia View Post
Great! I am glad Tauntauns have made their way into the game. Have been waiting for animal mounts for the longest time. Perhaps this is what is more to come?
This reflects my feelings as well!!! I hope this is a wonderful start to more animal mounts, there is collection of feline and reptilian animals across the SWTOR universe in game already that would be awesome mounts.