Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The great XP nerf

DarthEccen
08.05.2013 , 05:44 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Well, with this mindset, of course you think leveling is slow nowadays. No idea how you did this, but 5 days from level 1 to 50? That's insane. I needed 3 months for my 1st character. Maybe you should not expect to level up in 5 days. This simply makes no sense at all, sorry.
This ^

Also, leveling up is actually made a lot easier now. Before I did almost every quest on every planet. Now, most quests are gray for me by the time I get halfway through any given planet. I don't know what you're talking about "slow"... Maybe don't skip so many sidequests? I just got my trooper off of Ord Mantell today and before I left, there were level 13 and below Jedi Knights asking for help on their class quests that take place after Coruscant. Don't skip through sidequests and you won't have this slow leveling issue.

psandak
08.05.2013 , 08:47 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Well, he's not presenting his core issue, he is using passive aggression to express his frustrations of one thing as something else.

His core issue: he wants character transfers between EU and NA. And until he gets it... the game suxs and needs to be beaten in public... but I guess it not_suxs enough to prevent quitting apparently.
Good point

errant_knight
08.05.2013 , 08:58 PM | #33
Levelling a character to endgame shouldn't be trivial, it shouldn't be something you can do in a week. If one could--which I couldn't--and now one can't, that's all to the good. People seem to think they should have everything handed to them quickly and easily which I just don't get. Where's the accomplishment in that?

makallitank
08.05.2013 , 08:58 PM | #34
I'm a totally new player (Started 2 weeks ago), and I think the XP is just fine.

Mostly because there are just so many ways to earn it. You got dailies from level 10 that give xp, you have repeatable dungeon quests that give xp, you have warzone xp, you have space battle xp, and you have regular questing on planets.

I don't have any legacy boosts or anything, and every time I reach a new planet, the quests are always ready to turn grey and give me no xp.

If anything, I think it should be slowed down further, lol. (<- that was a joke)