Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Let us make the forums more positive

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Let us make the forums more positive
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
08.05.2013 , 01:58 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
It could also be argued that those trying to engage in off topic debate are also to blame for the "bickering". If you disagree with him and think he won't prove his point, move on. This forum is filled with opinions.
Well... to be perfectly objective.. the entire thread topic is "off topic as it is nothing but a meta discussion about perceptions of forum behaviors, mixed with the usual suspects trying so hard to crush the game with words, a game they still apparently pay a subscription to play.

But these days, the forum mods let us have some latitude as a community as long as we don't devolve into personal attacks and character assassination campaigns.
The MMO player would do well to embrace the nature of reality: Everything is relative, a projection based upon a malleable set of universal laws. Reality is an elastic process in which our individual choices play an active role.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
08.05.2013 , 02:00 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by TridusSWTOR View Post
Ah yes, that's the heart of the problem though. It's fine having opinions, I'm all for it.

Now do you understand what I'm trying to say?
I'd agree, and I do understand. I was just trying to point out that it often involves 2 people, not just one
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
08.05.2013 , 02:01 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by MrJurgens View Post
/Yawn

Same, rehashed argument.
Irony at work in the forum again.

Seriously.... is that the best you can do?

Protip: you don't get to define the term "failure", much less failure of a game. All you can do is play or not play. Clearly, you are playing this game, so declaring it a failure and continuing to pay money would be viewed by most players as some sort of hypocrisy (trivial though it may be). But hey.. that's for you to sort out.. as it has no bearing on any of us.
The MMO player would do well to embrace the nature of reality: Everything is relative, a projection based upon a malleable set of universal laws. Reality is an elastic process in which our individual choices play an active role.

Basreia's Avatar


Basreia
08.05.2013 , 02:03 PM | #104
Alright guys. Seems there were many misunderstanding about my post and I see nothing but bickering going on here to try and prove each other wrong or try to see your point of view. Just know other people have their own opinions about what something is, how somebody acts.

Just as I have my opinion that the forums have been overall more negative than positive, even though as of late they have been going in the right direction, other might seem differences. Threads seem to get derailed, off topic or thrown off course into mindless bickering and drama where there should be none about a game, that when you are on the forums paying for it, should be liking and giving great suggestions/feedback. There should be a happy, healthy, positive and optimistic player driven base for any given game that makes it a wonder to play AND go to the forums.

My goal, the reason I came onto the forums and the reason why I'm getting more involved is because I believe more positive feelings and thoughts can come into discussion here. Without being degrading to the game, the developers or any other community members. Let's respect each others' opinions for if we don't, it will fall deeper into the hole of negative vibes. We don't want that. Nobody does.

Yes, to some of you. "All puppy dogs and rainbows!" that is true. Most of the time, that is how an optimist thinks. Because they make it that way for them, in their mind, so they feel better about the situation that is unfolding in front of their eyes. The key to being optimistic and positive is being realistic, logical and rational all while thinking of the best outcome or idea possible in what situation is presented to you.

It's all in your mind. It's all a mindset. Like Star Wars to Light, dark, neutral. In the end, the light will always prevail. Light = Optimism, positive feelings. That's what it is to me. Of course this is my opinion also because I'm writing it So let's not let this forum swing towards the dark side more I am here to help.

So let's keep threads more on topic. Let's not derail things to another subject. Don't be so quick as to think everyone is trolling just because they share an opinion. Read it. Think. Be more rational, civilized, logical, happy and overall share our feelings in a decent, thoughtful manner to respect both your inner good energy and other people's energy
Use the force

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
08.05.2013 , 02:04 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
But these days, the forum mods let us have some latitude as a community as long as we don't devolve into personal attacks and character assassination campaigns.
And I completely support that stance from them! I'm fine with debate and I enjoy the 'freedom' they've allowed us to have...but personal attacks have no place here. I may disagree with your opinions on this forum quite often Andryah, but I assure you, it's nothing personal, not in the least.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Spatology's Avatar


Spatology
08.05.2013 , 02:05 PM | #106
Now, if we can just get some content not gated through the CM, I'd be so happy to pay my sub. Currently it hardly seems worth it.

Inflicktion's Avatar


Inflicktion
08.05.2013 , 02:26 PM | #107
Well it's good to see the community is taking this thread to heart.

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
08.05.2013 , 11:42 PM | #108
This seems like a good place to draw attention to the use of humour in the patch notes:

1.
Quote:
The Pocket Sarlacc has acquired a taste for male characters with Body Type 1 and will now display the eating animation properly when used.
2.
Quote:
The Curse of Conversation Craziness has been lifted from afflicted Companion Character hands, and when they equip certain gloves, it no longer prevents mission conversations from progressing properly.
3.
Quote:
Heads have been restored to Weequay NPCs throughout the galaxy, who requested better protection for their vulnerable floating eyeballs.
FEAR REMAINS ETERNAL, Jung Ma server
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

CommunityDroidEN's Avatar


CommunityDroidEN
08.06.2013 , 08:52 AM | #109 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi everyone!

After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place. With that in mind, here are some reminders, in the hopes of staving off future occurrences of Shenanigans:
  • No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic (despite this being the off-topic forum)
  • Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.
  • Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're intentionally being disruptive.
Let's try to keep this discussion constructive and fun! Thanks!

branmakmuffin's Avatar


branmakmuffin
08.06.2013 , 03:00 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
Now, if we can just get some content not gated through the CM, I'd be so happy to pay my sub. Currently it hardly seems worth it.
There is no adventuring content gated by the CM, unless you count those data cube thingies.