Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Getting a SWTOR CPU (Suggestions Needed!)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community
Getting a SWTOR CPU (Suggestions Needed!)

Freezeed
08.04.2013 , 07:21 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Count_Haake View Post
So your shadow settings aren't at ultra-low? Turning shadows off/to the lowest possible setting usually is one of the first things you do to improve performance and thus FPS ;-)
Yes, but I want to have high settings when I play.

Anyways, thank you all for your support! I have purchased a new computer thanks to all of you.
Bastila: "On which planet were you born?" Revan: "Kashyyyk. I'm a Wookiee. Can't you tell?"

KeithNC
08.04.2013 , 08:43 AM | #12
Open Control Panel. Then Administrative Tools. Then Computer Management. Then open Device Manager and its all right there. No need to download anything.

Atramar
08.05.2013 , 02:34 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Freezeed View Post
Yes, but I want to have high settings when I play.

Anyways, thank you all for your support! I have purchased a new computer thanks to all of you.
Don't be shy, share what you've got
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

platinumruggo
08.05.2013 , 02:40 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by BiscuitPhan View Post
Just got a new computer a week ago, here it is:

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/co....asp?id=843036

Previously used a non-gaming laptop (integrated graphics card) and while the game worked, it was...less than optimal. <1 FPS in warzones during intense combat, 16 man ops the same. Every setting on as low as possible.

This one is a little more than $1k, it came to about $1,150 with shipping, but it is absolutely unbelievable. Now my previous expectations were low, since I was used to the bare minimum, and now SWTOR is like watching a movie. Everything maxed, playing on a 26" tv, over 100 FPS while doing random stuff, fluctuations of 60ish during warzones and 16 man ops, the only bit of lag I get is when I speeder around the fleet by the GTN section, and that is only for a millisecond. Before I would speeder to the GTN section and could go make a sandwich before my character was usable.

Basically, enjoy the upgrade. Never realized how much fun it is messing with your characters look too, since before I couldn't actually see the details.
I busted out laughing so *********** hard at the bolded.
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
I guess without the effect and all the sabers flying around it could tough for him to tell which one was his. Wouldn't want to catch the wrong one. My friend lost a EWH saber that way. Caught someone else's Recruit saber and then the other quit and logged out.

Atramar
08.05.2013 , 02:48 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by platinumruggo View Post
I busted out laughing so *********** hard at the bolded.
Laugh, when I was playing on my old laptop, while I was going for dailies in Belsavis or Correlia (black hole, before shuttle was developed you had to go thro corelia oh goodie loading screen), Belsavis loading time was so long, I could (and often did) take a piss, grab a dring, make a snack, text my gf, check my emails, and it was still half way thro... often I was suprised I didn't get time out....
and that laptop ran ME2 and 3 on max details smooth. But no.. not a game that was in development 4 years ago
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Zylq
08.07.2013 , 09:40 AM | #16
If you want a gaming pc, definitely build your own. http://www.ibuypower.com/home.aspx
You'll get everything you want & need at a lower price than a name brand. When I made
mine it cost me $1,700. At the time Alienware had a high-end gaming pc for $5,000. The
one I made had everything the Alienware had but more. It had a better processor, graphics
card, 2 hdd, 2 DVD players - 1 Blue Ray, 1 Lightscribe and a better case - an Antec 902.

Good luck on whatever you choose.

Fadedsunz
08.08.2013 , 04:23 AM | #17
????????????

Keeker
08.08.2013 , 05:27 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by NicAX View Post
Just a tip, you can use the games built in FPS meter, just press Ctrl + Shift + F and it will appear in the lower left corner of the game window.
You could use that, if you had a magnifying glass to see it, unless there is a way to increase the size of the text.

Count_Haake
08.08.2013 , 07:57 AM | #19
Hi folks,

hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread for a short question loosely related to the threads topic...
I'm thinking of a very basic upgrade of my ancient secondary rig, currently sporting an Athlon 64 X2 7750 CPU and GeForce 8800 GTS (320MB) graphics card. So far I can play SWTOR (which is the only game I use that machine for) "okayish" at low settings
I'm considering replacing the GPU with a Radeon HD4850 or 4870, which should be quite an improvement. But I'm wondering if my CPU would be a big bottleneck negating the improved GPU power...

Can anyone help me with that question?

Best regards,
Count Haake

/edit: nevermind, couldn't resist the bargain and fished a HD6750 out of "the bay" for around 40$. Guess I will just give it a try.

Freezeed
08.12.2013 , 08:08 AM | #20
Hello again, everyone! I am going to leave my dxdiag info here. I set up SWTOR, but apparently my system is incompatible. Will you please tell me if you find anything wrong wit these results?

Spoiler

Bastila: "On which planet were you born?" Revan: "Kashyyyk. I'm a Wookiee. Can't you tell?"