Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The REAL Most Powerful Force Users

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The REAL Most Powerful Force Users

tunewalker
08.03.2013 , 06:15 AM | #691
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I'm not sure if everyone previously involved in this series is subscribed to the home thread. But I'm quite eager for some opinions and discussion on what I feel is one of few things that need to be addressed.

Jaina vs Vader - who is more powerful?

I feel if a comparison were to be made, Vader would come out of more powerful. But I don't want to make this change without some support/consensus on the matter. This is a community thread after all.

And I'd really like to get started on lightsaber duelists.
you know my opinion, I feel Jaina is more powerful based on her growth after her killing of her brother becoming a master the same way Luke did, and having Luke acknowledge it like that to me seems a bit of a sure thing that she was stronger. I would have no issue with the top 10 duelist list starting.

Beniboybling
08.03.2013 , 07:36 AM | #692
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
you know my opinion, I feel Jaina is more powerful based on her growth after her killing of her brother becoming a master the same way Luke did, and having Luke acknowledge it like that to me seems a bit of a sure thing that she was stronger. I would have no issue with the top 10 duelist list starting.
I see your reasoning here. But I'll leave it on the table.

TalonVII
08.03.2013 , 10:24 AM | #693
I see your reasoning here. But I'll leave it on the table.
I'm going to go with the generational approach. One of the major reasons jedi were not allowed to have kids, is because it made more and more powerful progeny with each generation. Notice how eventhough Anakin Skywalker never hit his potential, I don't think his end potential would of been greater than Luke's.

Hell look at Jacen/Cadeus. He never hit his maximum potential, and good thing he didn't either. He would of dwarfed Luke IMO. And Look at Jacen's younger brother. Anakin Solo. He never hit his. Look at ben and jania. Neither of them IMO have hit their limits and they will EASILY surpass Luke. If not Jania, Ben certainly will. He's doing things at 16 that Luke could barely do by the time he was 25. Ben has the raw ability Luke has, but all his father's training and insights.

IMO, Jaina is far stronger in the force than her grandfather.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight

marcelo_sdk
08.03.2013 , 09:51 PM | #694
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
I'm going to go with the generational approach. One of the major reasons jedi were not allowed to have kids, is because it made more and more powerful progeny with each generation. Notice how eventhough Anakin Skywalker never hit his potential, I don't think his end potential would of been greater than Luke's.

Hell look at Jacen/Cadeus. He never hit his maximum potential, and good thing he didn't either. He would of dwarfed Luke IMO. And Look at Jacen's younger brother. Anakin Solo. He never hit his. Look at ben and jania. Neither of them IMO have hit their limits and they will EASILY surpass Luke. If not Jania, Ben certainly will. He's doing things at 16 that Luke could barely do by the time he was 25. Ben has the raw ability Luke has, but all his father's training and insights.

IMO, Jaina is far stronger in the force than her grandfather.
That's far from being a rule. We have a lot of examples of children of Jedi/Sith who weren't more powerful than it's parents, some weren't Force sensitive. And Caedus would never surpass Luke, in terms of Force powers. Just to remember, Luke stated that, in a year, he wouldn't be able to STOP Caedus, obviously this doesn't mean becoming more powerful in the Force.
THE SHEPARD LEGACY

Master Goldrinn Shepard [Human Jedi Guardian] | Darth Saeros [Cyborg Sith Jugg.]
Erendis Barsen'thor [Human Jedi Shadow]

Beniboybling
08.04.2013 , 04:22 AM | #695
Quote: Originally Posted by marcelo_sdk View Post
That's far from being a rule. We have a lot of examples of children of Jedi/Sith who weren't more powerful than it's parents, some weren't Force sensitive. And Caedus would never surpass Luke, in terms of Force powers. Just to remember, Luke stated that, in a year, he wouldn't be able to STOP Caedus, obviously this doesn't mean becoming more powerful in the Force.
Surely it does... else he'd be able to stop him.

TalonVII
08.04.2013 , 07:33 AM | #696
Quote: Originally Posted by marcelo_sdk View Post
OMG, so you try to refute my point then make it for me in the last sentence. Luke made that point because in a year, Caedus would reach the point of surpassing luke, then luke would never be able to catch up in terms of Force power.

Honestly Cadeus had the potential to surpass both Luke AND SIDEOUS. Had he the time, he'd of done so.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight

marcelo_sdk
08.05.2013 , 07:52 AM | #697
Surely it does... else he'd be able to stop him.
You are thnking like a direct confrontation is the only possible resolution to everything. He would'nt be able to stop him, cause he controlled a spaning galactic government, his resources growing each day. Also, you forget about lightsabers.
THE SHEPARD LEGACY

Master Goldrinn Shepard [Human Jedi Guardian] | Darth Saeros [Cyborg Sith Jugg.]
Erendis Barsen'thor [Human Jedi Shadow]

Aarcher
08.06.2013 , 08:06 PM | #698
Come on people enough chatter.

Who gets the No. 3 slot?

EDIT: Not looking for a list remember.
I'm not going to put him on the list but, Anakin Solo had the potential to be top 10. Jacen Solo and Anakin sparred all the time because they had at an early point in the Vong War a different view of the force. Jacen also noted in the books that Anakin was closing the gap in skill to the point where they were equals with the blade. This was just the first book too. Later Anakin Solo was the one who learned to sense the Vong within the force. He also was the one who developed the Force battle Meld that the jedi use in space fights in their stealth X fighters. I would say that just like his Namesake he had so much potential. Anakin Solo would've done much had he lived, but it wasn't the will of the force for him to do so.

Also I personally believe that Darth Caedas is 3rd. He was one of the only force users that Luke knew that could defeat him whether Caedas killed Luke physically. Or Luke thought if he were to fight him they were so evenly matched that he would've ended up falling to the darkside to defeat him due to his anger over Mara Jade. This is why he had Jaina kill him. Though how he funneled energy into her and at the same time projected a Force illusion no one can doubt Lukes the best.

Though I've read all the books After Thrawn besides Rogue squadran series. Luke did look to Jacen a lot when they were both younger and Jacen wasn't so jaded. They developed a bunch of force techniques.
Han Solo: “You’ve never heard of the Millennium Falcon? … It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.”
Darth Vader: “When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master.”
Obi-Wan Kenobi “Only a master of evil, Darth.”

Royox
08.06.2013 , 10:21 PM | #699
After reading the Revan book...I don't care what Lucas said...Darth Vitiate is the most powerfull Sith have ever been. FFS he was able to "eat" the force and life of an entire planet and almost did the same with the whole galaxy (the Knight stops him just in time). So no...Palpatine is a mere insect near Vitiate.

Aurbere
08.06.2013 , 10:46 PM | #700
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
After reading the Revan book...I don't care what Lucas said...Darth Vitiate is the most powerfull Sith have ever been. FFS he was able to "eat" the force and life of an entire planet and almost did the same with the whole galaxy (the Knight stops him just in time). So no...Palpatine is a mere insect near Vitiate.
Ah, another Ventress to my Dooku.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku