Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The BattleZone Reboot Round 1 Match 11: Darth Traya vs. Darth Bane

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The BattleZone Reboot Round 1 Match 11: Darth Traya vs. Darth Bane

Aurbere
08.03.2013 , 04:05 PM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Unless Bane is fast enough to outrun lightning, its not going to be of much use. Also noting that Force assisted speed will be dampened considerably by Force drain. Also note that Bane's speed is very much a reflex thing, it doesn't necessarily mean he can cross distances with great speed.
Trust me, I'll take all of that into account.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Darth_Omega
08.03.2013 , 04:59 PM | #182
Bane is fast.

He could evade all of zannah's attacks despite being unarmed and poisoned, and even during their final confrontation,
Zannah noted that Bane was faster than she ever could have imagined.

The difference between bane and zannah in power is very small, as well as the difference between bane and kreia in power is also very small. Considering Zannah had a very hard time holding bane back, its safe to assume traya would also have a hard time holding him back.

Bane is too fast and too strong, his willpower and resolve too high, and his intelligent, tactical, and combat knowledgeable mind too great for Traya to simply hold him back and overpower him. He is the deadliest opponent she will have ever faced, and he will kill her. Trust me my dear boy, Bane will be the death of Traya. That old hag will finally get what she deserves. (That last line was a joke)

Also note that when Traya avoided all the exile's apprentices moves, she was in a dark side nexus, improving her speedand diminishing theirs. They also only fought her one at a time.
"A day, a year, a millennium -- it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars" - Sith Emperor

UncleOst
08.03.2013 , 06:52 PM | #183
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Omega View Post
Bane is fast.

He could evade all of zannah's attacks despite being unarmed and poisoned, and even during their final confrontation,
Zannah noted that Bane was faster than she ever could have imagined.

The difference between bane and zannah in power is very small, as well as the difference between bane and kreia in power is also very small. Considering Zannah had a very hard time holding bane back, its safe to assume traya would also have a hard time holding him back.

Bane is too fast and too strong, his willpower and resolve too high, and his intelligent, tactical, and combat knowledgeable mind too great for Traya to simply hold him back and overpower him. He is the deadliest opponent she will have ever faced, and he will kill her. Trust me my dear boy, Bane will be the death of Traya. That old hag will finally get what she deserves deserves. (That last line was a joke)

Also note that when Traya avoided all the exile's apprentices moves, she was in a dark side nexus, improving her speedand diminishing theirs. They also only fought her one at a time.
..ma brutha from anutha mutha!!!

Regardless of anything, I'd actually congratulate Aubere for his accurate descriptions of my favorite, Bane.

I'll add simply for interest, that even before Bane was trained, he was using the force as a sniper. His reputation as a leader and especially as a "shot" was unimaginable and unbelievably epic.

Anyhow, cheers.

Darth_Omega
08.03.2013 , 06:58 PM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by UncleOst View Post
..ma brutha from anutha mutha!!!

Regardless of anything, I'd actually congratulate Aubere for his accurate descriptions of my favorite, Bane.

I'll add simply for interest, that even before Bane was trained, he was using the force as a sniper. His reputation as a leader and especially as a "shot" was unimaginable and unbelievably epic.

Anyhow, cheers.
I don't know if I should appreciate your approval since all these guys hate you.

But nonetheless, it is nice to see someone else who appreciates Bane, he is definatly one of my favorite characters.
"A day, a year, a millennium -- it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars" - Sith Emperor

Aurbere
08.03.2013 , 07:01 PM | #185
I don't know if I should appreciate your approval since all these guys hate you.

But nonetheless, it is nice to see someone else who appreciates Bane, he is definatly one of my favorite characters.
I can't speak for my fellows, but I certainly don't hate him. He came on a bit strong for my liking, but that's about it.

I should be livid for his name-calling, but I'm not. Not anymore, anyway.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Darth_Omega
08.03.2013 , 07:07 PM | #186
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I can't speak for my fellows, but I certainly don't hate him. He came on a bit strong for my liking, but that's about it.

I should be livid for his name-calling, but I'm not. Not anymore, anyway.
Yeah, I don't hate him either. It just seems like most everyone here gets pretty offended by him, though.

Aurbere
08.03.2013 , 07:12 PM | #187
Yeah, I don't hate him either. It just seems like most everyone here gets pretty offended by him, though.
With good reason. Calling someone a 'tard' is going to rub people the wrong way.

Darth_Omega
08.03.2013 , 07:15 PM | #188
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
With good reason. Calling someone a 'tard' is going to rub people the wrong way.
Haha, definately. Not the best way to make friends.

Aurbere
08.03.2013 , 07:22 PM | #189
Haha, definately. Not the best way to make friends.
No it's not.

tunewalker
08.04.2013 , 01:19 AM | #190
As I have said before I think the real disparity here is their saber skills, Traya has never been known as a great duelist and she would never even pretend to call herself one, her telekinetic blades would move according to her skill, and with Bane who is a touted master and leads to some of the greatest duelists I think he will dominate her in that regard. To top all this out he is a Djem So master, what this means is once he has her and has begun dominating the duel she isn't going any where, Djem so is all about dominating the duel so once he has put her on her back foot she isn't getting enough time to summon up any force power she is just going to die, and if someone utilizing a saber staff (known for increased defense) with Soresu (known for strong defense) and was intimately familiar with Bane himself could not stave off his attack there is no way a one armed women who is not known for being a excellent duelist is going to, even with extra sabers, 4 sabers didn't help grievous against obi-wan.