Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Treek: A Guide to Gaining the New Companion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Treek: A Guide to Gaining the New Companion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jaffa_Caffa
08.03.2013 , 04:45 AM | #101
Pretty excited for the new game updated myself, can't wait.

MadHobbit
08.03.2013 , 08:47 AM | #102
I have a bit of a off topic question,If we unlock this companion,will there be a increase in the number of companions that we can have out doing missions? there was not for HK-51,but gaining him was a lot less of a investment ,either in CC or credits.

Greenify
08.03.2013 , 09:16 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthEccen View Post
Thank you, Bioware, for lowing the credit requirement. I realize, for most people, a million credits or more is pretty easy to come by, but I was not one of those many and I'm glad I can afford to purchase Treek with at least one of my toons without having to spend Cartel Coins. I appreciate that.
the first purchase is still 100000.

xorcist
08.03.2013 , 10:46 AM | #104
Completely not worth either currencies. Why it wasn't a quest line (free for subscribers) like what they did for HK, then unlocked through legacy exhibits yet more of the laziness and greed of Bioware. Less content for subscribers, more Cartel Market BS. Subscriptions become less and less meaningful. Bioware really is part of the dark side cause that deal (subscriptions) actually is getting worse all the time. Not surprising, but I saw this coming, and it's not over by a long shot. Through all the levels of approval you let this and so many other terrible decisions etc. in the past go live... Things that someone who actually cared would never allow it to see the light of day the way you presented it. You truly don't care anymore, and I can't support someone who doesn't care about their own product or its customers. We are no longer super important to you. That hasn't been for a very long time. As for this MMORPG project, you stopped caring a long time ago. Grats on your Cartel Market a.k.a life support system success. Sooner or later people get tired of it and move on.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

DarthKaiser
08.03.2013 , 06:51 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by xorcist View Post
Completely not worth either currencies. Why it wasn't a quest line (free for subscribers) like what they did for HK, then unlocked through legacy exhibits yet more of the laziness and greed of Bioware. Less content for subscribers, more Cartel Market BS. Subscriptions become less and less meaningful. Bioware really is part of the dark side cause that deal (subscriptions) actually is getting worse all the time. Not surprising, but I saw this coming, and it's not over by a long shot. Through all the levels of approval you let this and so many other terrible decisions etc. in the past go live... Things that someone who actually cared would never allow it to see the light of day the way you presented it. You truly don't care anymore, and I can't support someone who doesn't care about their own product or its customers. We are no longer super important to you. That hasn't been for a very long time. As for this MMORPG project, you stopped caring a long time ago. Grats on your Cartel Market a.k.a life support system success. Sooner or later people get tired of it and move on.
Drama Level >9000
CE Keyholder, Reverse Watermelon.

AshlaBoga
08.03.2013 , 10:15 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Malice View Post
Hey Bio-fail. I want content that I don't have to pay for. I already pay your monthly subscription. Why do I have too pay it again plus more?
Malice if you played more, then you wouldn't have to pay real $ to get the comp.

Heck, they should make it so all Living Legends get Treek for Free. Because it's time Legacy Levels started counting.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Aries_cz
08.04.2013 , 12:48 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by MadHobbit View Post
I have a bit of a off topic question,If we unlock this companion,will there be a increase in the number of companions that we can have out doing missions? there was not for HK-51,but gaining him was a lot less of a investment ,either in CC or credits.
Probably not, even though I wish it was so. Buying Treek will mean I wall always have 2 companions "doing nothing". I cant stand having C2-N2 doing nothing but dusting my quarters and reprogramming ship's food processors, but this will mean that someone (Iresso probably) will have to be on the ship and suffer through his constant rambling
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

maxjam
08.04.2013 , 04:47 AM | #108
I think its very sensibly priced for a luxury item.

I would like to think the Makeb xpac was priced cheaply as an extra planet and increased level cap is more of an essential item.

1m creds and 300k per character is more than achievable for experienced players and 2100 + 700 coins is about right if you really can't wait.
Kalistra, Mercenary: Deathmark in Seven Systems
Mandalorian Forge
Aliit ori'shya tal'din
YouTube | Recruitment Thread

xorcist
08.04.2013 , 11:11 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by maxjam View Post
I think its very sensibly priced for a luxury item.

I would like to think the Makeb xpac was priced cheaply as an extra planet and increased level cap is more of an essential item.

1m creds and 300k per character is more than achievable for experienced players and 2100 + 700 coins is about right if you really can't wait.

Think about it. It shouldn't be priced at all. Credits or otherwise. It should be done through a quest line like any other non lazy company would do these days. Not a subscriber? Buy it the same way it was available for the HK quest line way back. There is nothing sensible about what they've done here.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

Aries_cz
08.04.2013 , 01:00 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by xorcist View Post
Think about it. It shouldn't be priced at all. Credits or otherwise. It should be done through a quest line like any other non lazy company would do these days. Not a subscriber? Buy it the same way it was available for the HK quest line way back. There is nothing sensible about what they've done here.
Treek is a mercenary. 83% of mercenaries work for whoever pays them.
From game design perspective, she is designed to fill those missing tank/healer roles that many classes lack in early game (Agents and Smuggler for example, they get their healer companions awfully late in the game). So making her "easy" to get seems like a good and sensible choice.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos