Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Treek: A Guide to Gaining the New Companion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Treek: A Guide to Gaining the New Companion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CmdrShpd
08.02.2013 , 11:37 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Meslamtaey View Post
Time to end with this game... Im subscriber beginning of game and i must pay for new companion or bonus quest ? Thats a funny or Jewish EA ? This make me angry. I have 75mil credits i dont have problem pay but its about principle im a paying player not a walking wallet GL HF..
What is this i don't even...

Darth-Malice
08.02.2013 , 01:38 PM | #92
Hey Bio-fail. I want content that I don't have to pay for. I already pay your monthly subscription. Why do I have too pay it again plus more?
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

Lesaberisa
08.02.2013 , 02:47 PM | #93
I posted this earlier, but the topic got largely swarmed by discussion of the price.

Quote:
Question for Bioware (not sure if this is the right place for it, but the topic on it on the PTS forums fell off the first page) - everyone I've seen who has compared Treek to existing tank/healer companions has noted

(1) She has a smart AoE as a tank, which other tank companions don't (as far as I am aware?)
(2) She can outheal other companions in the same gear by a significant margin (40-60%, depending on the post I've seen)
(3) She not only has a cleanse, but it's also automatically applied by her HoT...maybe I'm just missing something, but isn't that stronger than the other healers' separate cleanse?

Is that disparity matched in your models? Intended?

I'm curious as to why one companion would be distinctly superior to others that share the same role.

Thanks!
Finest mediocre fanfic this side of the Outer Rim:Trooper / Inquisitor

UltimateKrucible
08.02.2013 , 02:51 PM | #94
Just noticed "Once you buy this is starts a quest...."

So, there you are - first paid-for-on-top-of-sub content (not counting expac, which is fair enough), something they said they would never do.

We've been told all along that the CM would only be for vanity or appearance items. Not anymore.

This is bullsheet, BW.

/sub.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

Aries_cz
08.02.2013 , 02:58 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by UltimateKrucible View Post
Just noticed "Once you buy this is starts a quest...."

So, there you are - first paid-for-on-top-of-sub content (not counting expac, which is fair enough), something they said they would never do.

We've been told all along that the CM would only be for vanity or appearance items. Not anymore.

This is bullsheet, BW.

/sub.
The "quest" is to walk 100 meters and talk to the droid that triggers animation that introduces Treek. Much less substantial than Encrypted cubes. Also, Treek is completely available via ingame and non-CM related means.

Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Malice View Post
Hey Bio-fail. I want content that I don't have to pay for. I already pay your monthly subscription. Why do I have too pay it again plus more?
Learn to read. You DO NOT HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING but ingame credits earned for playing the game.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

UltimateKrucible
08.02.2013 , 03:11 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post

Learn to read. You DO NOT HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING but ingame credits earned for playing the game.
This doesn't matter. There's a legacy lvlrequired - 40. So it's still locked out for the vast majority of players unless they use CC. You think 40 is an arbitrary number? The devs beloved metrics will tell them how many people are at that lvl, and I'm guessing its not enough to hurt their profits on this.

But it all boils down to the fact that I pay a sub to access all content (expacs excepted) and now they are releasing content on the CM I'd have to pay for. Never mind that this is 4 times the cost of the expac.

I've backed SWTOR up till now, with cash as well as words, even when the flaws in the game have been staring me in the face. But this has finished me off.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

Skodan
08.02.2013 , 03:25 PM | #97
This doesn't matter. There's a legacy lvlrequired - 40. So it's still locked out for the vast majority of players unless they use CC. You think 40 is an arbitrary number? The devs beloved metrics will tell them how many people are at that lvl, and I'm guessing its not enough to hurt their profits on this.

But it all boils down to the fact that I pay a sub to access all content (expacs excepted) and now they are releasing content on the CM I'd have to pay for. Never mind that this is 4 times the cost of the expac.

I've backed SWTOR up till now, with cash as well as words, even when the flaws in the game have been staring me in the face. But this has finished me off.
It's about time they started putting things for a higher legacy level unlock. When i got past 25 there was NOTHING left that would want me to raise the legacy level higher.

Now without even doing things for max legacy gain i am at 47, so its nice knowing i'll be able to get her with credits alone.

It doesnt matter what legacy level they put her at, because there will always be someone who isnt high enough yet
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Aries_cz
08.02.2013 , 03:26 PM | #98

And I assume those players must have completely voluntary and controversial companion right now?
However, number of Legacy level 40+ players is an interesting question and I wish I thought of that when I was building up my community questionnaire for Czech/Slovak community. I think the number will be a lot higher than you think. Loyal players should have it by now
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

DarthEccen
08.02.2013 , 10:27 PM | #99
Thank you, Bioware, for lowing the credit requirement. I realize, for most people, a million credits or more is pretty easy to come by, but I was not one of those many and I'm glad I can afford to purchase Treek with at least one of my toons without having to spend Cartel Coins. I appreciate that.

Tsillah
08.03.2013 , 03:41 AM | #100
You can actually get treek for 1280 cc...buy 4 cartel packs and sell them in game...presto, you have a million credits.
Et In Gehenna Vixi...