Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was there supposed to be a second 'subscriber appreciation' at the end of July?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Was there supposed to be a second 'subscriber appreciation' at the end of July?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
08.01.2013 , 09:19 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Why are people surprised by this?

I am honestly confused why people think EAware screwing up once more is something new; they have a very long track record on this. And hell, if they really wanted to show appreciation, then we would have had a vet reward system or something more than consumed fireworks at the 1 year anniversary.

They simply don't care.
I agree. I believe the original coins were a last minute "oh crap, we did say that" gift to begin with. No surprise that they flat out skipped this one too. Subscribers are not valued...CC sales are. They sure as hell wont miss a new pack release because of "technical" issues.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

jankiel
08.01.2013 , 09:48 AM | #142
To be honest tough this statement by Eric made me laugh hard. I mean if they gave us coins again i'd probably rage a bit about crappy gifts and stuff but this one is so ridiculous that it's actually funny

On another note back in the days before f2p they gave subscribebers once 30 days of extra subscription(don't remember the reason for it tough). Think this would be a much better form of making the subbers feel good.
Coris of The Progenitor

branmakmuffin
08.01.2013 , 12:22 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by GatorAndy View Post
I feel the amount I pay for my subscription is an acceptable amount of money for the amount of enjoyment I get from playing it. If BW feels it necessary to give me something in addition to that, then so be it. But, I'm not going to complain just because they don't give me that extra thing. Whether it was technical difficulties or not, so what?
Yep, that's the bottom line. I, too, feel my subscription is worth it. 500 extra CC? Great, I'll take it. Something else gets canceled? Mildly disappointing (at most), I suppose.

Some people, like the person you were replying to, just are not happy unless they are complaining.

DarthVengeant
08.02.2013 , 04:11 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

It was our plan originally to have a second subscriber appreciation occur at the end of the month along with our Cartel Coin grant you received in the beginning. Unfortunately we hit some tech hurdles and that is no longer the case. As always, we are going to continue to look for ways to show appreciation to you guys and ensure there is strong value in your subscription!

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric
I would say you saw the backlash from the lackluster job you did last time and needed to re-evaluate what you know as worth while. Maybe brainstorm longer than 10 seconds this time and you MIGHT come up with something we all like, or feel VALUED from. I mean, you rarely ever see people complain in Guild Wars 2. Try looking to them as an example of QUALITY content and awards.

We have all become aware that if you aren't making money from it on the Cartel market then you wont put much effort into it.

discbox
08.02.2013 , 04:16 PM | #145
Hey folks,

It was our plan originally to have a second subscriber appreciation occur at the end of the month along with our Cartel Coin grant you received in the beginning. Unfortunately we hit some tech hurdles and that is no longer the case. As always, we are going to continue to look for ways to show appreciation to you guys and ensure there is strong value in your subscription!

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric
Why not make something like this a surprise. So we don't know about, and we also don't know when you again (bio-)fail.

Just don't tell us!

So we can't be disappointed that often.

Iggster
08.02.2013 , 04:47 PM | #146
I want to see Bruce come to this thread and give another anecdote about how this relates to his wife.

I can see it now!

"I said to my wife that I really appreciate her companionship, and that I planned to get her two gifts to show my affection. The first was gift card for a store she wasn't keen on... The second... Well the shop was closed and it was late so I didn't get her anything else. She was mad... And I didn't learn a lesson."

BrianDavion
08.02.2013 , 04:59 PM | #147
Hey folks,

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric
Honestly Eric, just keep delviering awesome updates on a regular basis and thats all the appreciation I need.

ohh that does remind me to ask though... is the new daily area with 2.3 gonna be something free to plays need to buy?

idnewton
08.02.2013 , 05:11 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
I would say you saw the backlash from the lackluster job you did last time and needed to re-evaluate what you know as worth while. Maybe brainstorm longer than 10 seconds this time and you MIGHT come up with something we all like, or feel VALUED from. I mean, you rarely ever see people complain in Guild Wars 2. Try looking to them as an example of QUALITY content and awards.

We have all become aware that if you aren't making money from it on the Cartel market then you wont put much effort into it.
No thread would be complete without DarthVengeant whining!

I'm pretty sure the last time I saw you crying, you claimed to have canceled your sub. That you were 'quitting the game.' You are what is known as a mole-hill-mountainizer. I do not ever want to see another of your posts. Ignored.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 15 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 Dread Fortress PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

Akow
08.02.2013 , 05:50 PM | #149
Hey folks,

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric
Give treek to subs instead

idnewton
08.02.2013 , 08:46 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by Akow View Post
Give treek to subs instead
Haha YES! I would laugh very, very hard. Idk, cuz.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 15 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 Dread Fortress PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP