Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8/2 - PVE Sniper community questions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
8/2 - PVE Sniper community questions
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Synavix
08.02.2013 , 12:19 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Yea was thinking about this as well...

For OTHER: pve 5 and pve 8 has 7 votes. pve 11 has 4 votes...

Should we use either 5 (is Engineering working as intended?) or 8 (2pc pve/pvp versus 4pc pve)? In the meantime i closed the top 3 sniper thread. (eric) I have it saved, hopefully we can get a tie breaker soon
Both are pretty solid questions, and I'll definitely be supporting whichever we do not choose over on the Gunslinger side for our second round of questions.

The biggest advantage I can think of for PvE 5 is that it could be something we could see a change to relatively quickly. It's a pretty favored PvP spec as well, so might be something changed with the upcoming PvP patch.

On the other hand, I feel PvE 8 has a far larger significance to the overall Sniper community, because it affects all of our most played specs right across the board and it would give a lot more consistency to balancing and comparing specs.

paowee
08.02.2013 , 12:20 PM | #112
for OTHER i added the pve and the wildcard column
8 = 11 votes
5 = 11 votes
11 = 9 votes

Engineering and set bonus question is a tie
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

paowee
08.02.2013 , 12:22 PM | #113
i will give it up to 11:30 AM PST if i don't get a tie breaker i will pick the Engineering question. Time in Austin, TX 1:21 PM. 3 hours left before 5:00 pm , assuming their work day ends at 5

Solar_Breeze
08.02.2013 , 12:38 PM | #114
Didn't get back from work as early as I had hoped but could go with something like this for the next batch of questions

Quote:
We are seeing a lot of available spec choices for snipers such as; Marks, Engi, Lethality, Lethality-Engi Hybrid (not including the variations within each spec). What are the guiding design philosophies or goals for the performance of each tree?

For instance we see the 4 set bonus is specifically only really beneficial for full Lethality spec which leaves a situation where other specs must grind for the PVP 2 set bonus. Currently the choice for most in NIM raids would be between Marks or Lethality-Engi with Engi full only being used in very limited situations, if at all, (Large hitbox or very predictable bosses due to plasma probe being static and use of cluster bombs on rolls) and full lethality not really in use. Is this how you intended the specs and set bonuses to be used?

How do these goals change or evolve when designing for all levels of endgame PvE and Ranked/Arena content?
Emrys - Red Eclipse
Spoiler

paowee
08.02.2013 , 01:38 PM | #115
Well the questions are up. That concludes this round's Class Rep duty. Oh i don't want to do this again -_-

lol

I'm sure BW has their reasons for not having a poll option for the forum users but that would've definitely made this voting method (that i chose to do! other class reps are doing it differently), 100x easier.

Solar_Breeze
08.02.2013 , 02:09 PM | #116
Well the questions are up. That concludes this round's Class Rep duty. Oh i don't want to do this again -_-

lol

I'm sure BW has their reasons for not having a poll option for the forum users but that would've definitely made this voting method (that i chose to do! other class reps are doing it differently), 100x easier.
This method seems to have the easiest clarity and allowed for easier tracking of all the questions and people have to take the time to post to vote (shows they care more). Personally thing it was better than a forum poll
Emrys - Red Eclipse
Spoiler

SandsS
08.02.2013 , 08:43 PM | #117

lol

*pat!* You did an excellent job Paowee. Thanks for running the show.

I could use a break from the tough jobs.
[Scyras - Operative Healer - POT5 ]

Mathemagica
08.03.2013 , 05:29 AM | #118

lol

I can only imagine how the last few days were for you. Thanks again for your time, efforts and your patience with all our short-time changes etc.

CJNJ
08.03.2013 , 07:46 PM | #119
Kinda funny looking thru the other classes' stuff. All of them are "change this" and "fix this" rather then actual questions

paowee
08.05.2013 , 12:10 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by CJNJ View Post
Kinda funny looking thru the other classes' stuff. All of them are "change this" and "fix this" rather then actual questions
I saw some class rep threads and they basically put down what buffs they think the class should get. >_<;