Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP 101: How To Become A Contender!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP 101: How To Become A Contender!

shdwgrndGlider
07.21.2013 , 03:37 AM | #171
Looking for someone to update the guide on here especially since it was last updated VERSION 1.16
UPDATED: 6-28-12, since all the changes to the SWTOR game 2.0. We are fixing to get 2.3 in the game. I love SWTOR; I started out rogue not knowing anything about MMO, or this game, and especially modifications and gear. I am level 55 I am realizing and learning new stuff daily and its hard to build up commendations other than creating new toons.

luxforlife
07.28.2013 , 03:34 AM | #172
Can we perhaps have this post updated? It hasn't updated for over a year and is misleading for those wanting to learn about Warzones and pvp gearing.

theSCARAYone
08.02.2013 , 04:47 AM | #173
Please unsticky this. It is so outdated.
The Harbinger - Aggressors Legacy
Give me Pets! (Referral Link)

Joesixxpack
08.02.2013 , 06:30 AM | #174
Sure is dusty in here.

TUXs
08.02.2013 , 09:03 AM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunez View Post
----------------------------------------
2) Gearing up for Warzones
----------------------------------------

Level 1: Recruit

Once you're level 50 and are prepared to get serious about beginning the long glorious road to PvP greatness, you need to start by buying a set of Recruit gear from the PvP vendor. T
Does anyone know where this vendor is?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

funkiestj
08.02.2013 , 11:12 AM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by theSCARAYone View Post
Please unsticky this. It is so outdated.
+1. Weak moderation here.

This is really the sort of thing a volunteer mod could handle if BW would bother to have volunteer mods.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

ManiacDavis
08.04.2013 , 01:12 AM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
+1. Weak moderation here.

This is really the sort of thing a volunteer mod could handle if BW would bother to have volunteer mods.
I'm in the process of updating this thread. I am looking for great new pvp players to showcase how to play every type of warzone in a video. Specifically, Ancient Hypergate because that is the most confusing for new players. Post if any of you have made any vids like this or have found something that helped you.

Cheers
Man-iac - The Only Commando Left Standing
http://www.twitch.tv/rrmaniac

funkiestj
08.05.2013 , 09:37 AM | #178
Maniac -- you can't edit the original though, right? It might be better to make a new thread. You could copy the original, delete outdated text (e.g. reference to recruit gear)

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

ManiacDavis
08.05.2013 , 10:20 AM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
Maniac -- you can't edit the original though, right? It might be better to make a new thread. You could copy the original, delete outdated text (e.g. reference to recruit gear)
Done, done, and done.
Man-iac - The Only Commando Left Standing
http://www.twitch.tv/rrmaniac