Treek and SGRA

fabiyun

BTW. I would like to state something here. I have noticed looking through forum rules again that anything pertaining to real life political or social issues aren't allowed on the forums.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't talking about this against the forum rules because it is a social issue from the real world? Or is this an exception or something? ;) Thanks.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW. I would like to state something here. I have noticed looking through forum rules again that anything pertaining to real life political or social issues aren't allowed on the forums.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't talking about this against the forum rules because it is a social issue from the real world? Or is this an exception or something? ;) Thanks.

SGR has been a tricky discussion in the past made worse because there is SGR content in the game.

Generally it seems the mods pay close attention to a thread to make sure it does not get out of hand and in the past a thread has been closed fairly quickly once it does.

It would be great to know just what BW are planing when it comes to the future of SGR in SWTOR. I think if they did add a SGR companion to the game, they will be a expansion companion or certainly be a CM purchasable companion (Hopefully with a in-game way to get them). That being said, i think that is the way it is going to be for any companion, romanceable or not. It sucks that it could be the only way to properly add a same-sex romance, but I dont think there is any ill intent behind it from BW. It is just how the game works now.

This is my very point. It's a non-issue. The business is being run in a direction that makes it more profitable. It doesn't mean Bioware is anti-gay. It just means that they found a successful way to bring in new companions and they're going to utilize it regardless of sexual orientation.

Technically, we are talking about a social issue that is reflected in-game, so I think this should be fine and acceptable. There has been a SGR thread in the Lore section for ages, after all.

Technically, we are talking about a social issue that is reflected in-game, so I think this should be fine and acceptable. There has been a SGR thread in the Lore section for ages, after all.

Technically, the OP is using this thread as a thinly-veiled question to accuse BioWare of discriminatory practices.

Technically, the OP is using this thread as a thinly-veiled question to accuse BioWare of discriminatory practices.

I got the same vibe. But I'm fairly sure that's not a technicality. If it's veiled (even thinly) it's still TECHNICALLY about the issue of SGRA in-game.

I think so, yes. It is a repeated theme throughout his/her replies in here.

I see that now. The comment "no one needs to work for a heterosexual companion" pretty much gives it away.

Of course in reality no one needs to "work" for anything in the game. It's a game. That's directed at the OP, not at you.

I have stated what needed to be said in my post in regards to the nature of this topic. I have been reading through the "rules of conduct" yet again and no, I did not misread here it is in plain sight. Yet again.

http://prntscr.com/1izr1t

As you can see, I underlined where it specifically says what rules SGRA threads are breaking. If so BioWare, I feel you must enforce your rules then if you aren't already doing so. That is being a hypocrite. You know that :) You can't say "abide by our rules" and them break them yourself. Hmmmm

I have stated what needed to be said in my post in regards to the nature of this topic. I have been reading through the "rules of conduct" yet again and no, I did not misread here it is in plain sight. Yet again.

As you can see, I underlined where it specifically says what rules SGRA threads are breaking. If so BioWare, I feel you must enforce your rules then if you aren't already doing so. That is being a hypocrite. You know that :) You can't say "abide by our rules" and them break them yourself. Hmmmm

Dose that mean we cant talk about whether we support the policies of the Imperials/ Republic, and our opinions on the Force too? This isn't a talk purely about sexuality, its about sexuality in the game and the possible addition of SGR companions.

Edited by Cyberwoman

Which one is it breaking? It isn't a religious discussion, it isn't a sexual discussion and it isn't a political discussion. It is a discussion about sexual orientation of companions in the game, it is relevant to the game, therefore no rules are being broken.

As I have said before (including bioware) this is discussing the game in relation to SGRA. WE are not discussing LGBT outside of the game. Bioware has deleted threads in the past regarding this (even when discussing the game) becuase the thread got out of control. Currently it is not (at least not compared to before).

If so BioWare, I feel you must enforce your rules then if you aren't already doing so. That is being a hypocrite. You know that :) You can't say "abide by our rules" and them break them yourself. Hmmmm

Of course they can. It's their forum. If you don't like how they moderate their forums, you don't have to participate.

Dose that mean we cant talk about whether we support the policies of Imperials/ Republic, and our opinions on the Force too? This isn't a talk purely about sexuality, its about sexuality in the game and the possible addition of SGR companions.

You know all to well that the addition of SGRA inside this game came from real world issues and people fighting to get what they wanted. Don't sit there and pretend it's because of a lore issue inside Star Wars. Please don't do that. ;)

Talking about the Republic and Empire is talking about what sides you support and want in the game because the are the two main sides in the galaxy of Star Wars. They aren't political issues in real life that we are arguing over. Also, know the force is not a religion. The force is an energy field created by all living things. It does not have a god. Nor is it preached like a religious force. :)

Generally it seems the mods pay close attention to a thread to make sure it does not get out of hand and in the past a thread has been closed fairly quickly once it does.

We are always watching :)

As you may have noticed, quite a few posts have vanished, as if whisked away by some magical Force. With that in mind, we would like to take a moment to remind everyone of a few pointers:

• No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.
  • Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is being disruptive, please use the Flag function to report their post.

That being said, we ask that you please keep your posts civil, on topic and respectful, otherwise we will have to close this thread.

Thanks!

Edited by CommunityDroidEN

You know all to well that the addition of SGRA inside this game came from real world issues and people fighting to get what they wanted. Don't sit there and pretend it's because of a lore issue inside Star Wars. Please don't do that. ;)

It does not matter why there are (or are not) SGR options in TOR.

Talking about the Republic and Empire is talking about what sides you support and want in the game because the are the two main sides in the galaxy of Star Wars. They aren't political issues in real life that we are arguing over. Also, know the force is not a religion. The force is an energy field created by all living things. It does not have a god. Nor is it preached like a religious force. :)

We could certainly debate whether the Force is a religion or not (Han Solo thought it was in ep IV). But that would be fine because it's the religion of the game's universe. Same with the politics within the game. The problem comes when people can't stick to just talking about in-game religion and politics.

Except that it is different. You don't need to spend a single dime to see yourself represented in this game or to romance a companion, it's all in the F2P option. LGBT players need to get to level 50, buy the expansion, male players need to run on the Empire side and female players on the republic side, to get 1 flirtable NPC. And if all future companions are going to require a CM purchase for a price around 2100CC or over with inflation, then LGBT players will have to shelve out 20 dollars for the xpack, 20 dollars for the companion with F2P (a subscription and 30 dollars for subscribers) to still be in an unbalanced situation. I don't see how this is anything but worse treatment.

Easiest way to put this? Life isn't fair.

The fact is, you make decisions because if you're developer you have a certian amount of time, and a certain amount of money. I don't think I need to point out that the point of this game isn't to make everyone happy, it's to make a lot of money.

So, we have the basis of answering your question or responding to your problem. BW made a decision to cut SGR out of the game to make money. Did they do this because they hate the LTGB community? No. Previous games BW has made has always had such content in them. The only reason such things are not in this game on the level you want them to be is because they simply don't have the money to do it at this time.

Now if the entire game revolved around relationships, you would have a point here. After the initial run through, it's kind of a pointless feature to be honest.

I think you should read your post, and take your self righteouness and stick is where the sun doesn't shine. Then come back, and try and make a real argument for what BW should be doing in the future, rather than trying to point out how certain people are not catered to. Neither are people with wheelchairs, or have foot fetishes. Such is life.

I see that now. The comment "no one needs to work for a heterosexual companion" pretty much gives it away.

Of course in reality no one needs to "work" for anything in the game. It's a game. That's directed at the OP, not at you.

Yeah. It is not even very subtle.

We are always watching :)

As you may have noticed, quite a few posts have vanished, as if whisked away by some magical Force. With that in mind, we would like to take a moment to remind everyone of a few pointers:

• No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • Please express your opinion and thoughts in a constructive, respectful manner.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.
  • Keep in mind that everyone has different viewpoints. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. If you believe someone is being disruptive, please use the Flag function to report their post.

That being said, we ask that you please keep your posts civil, on topic and respectful, otherwise we will have to close this thread.

Thanks!

Thank you very much for not closing the thread and letting it continue :)

Thank you very much for not closing the thread and letting it continue :)

I don't see how it really matters either way. We've reached a point where it's either "i don't care if they charge", "i don't want them to charge", or "they better not put SGRA in the game or me and my NRA buddies are gonna drink beers and hunt.... you know... rhymes with beers". Really the only concern at this point is whether or not they're actually gonna put SGRA companions in at all. I think they should, and that it's well past time they did. But are they going to? Or are we going to hear the same thing we've been hearing since the game's release of "it's in the works", or worse yet "this thread has been moved to the lore section of the forums since there's already a thread about this topic"?

Political, social or moral issues do not belong inside of video game where we all play to have fun and escape the real world. :)

That should be it. This is a non issue

Some people want SGRA. I don't see why asking for it is a problem. True that OP did kind of make it more of a social issue than a game issue, but it is a game issue. I'd like to see it added. Not because relationship arcs matter to me. Simply because depth matters to me. I want to be immersed. Creating a world that pretends people of different sexual orientations don't exist, is unrealistic to me and makes it difficult to be immersed. That's just my point of view though.