Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

Rotbag
12.13.2011 , 02:41 PM | #6321
Quote: Originally Posted by eyeseller View Post
That what she said!
lmfao

Spamfish
12.13.2011 , 02:41 PM | #6322
@swtor Day 1 pre-realeases see about 10% of pre-orders get in. #maythefarcebewithyou

ANGRY REPOST ARMY!

this isn't a troll, and isn't exactly qq although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that i've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other mmo games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, i just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, ea/bw - what exactly are you afraid of?

The only way this should have been done is to have given all pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. Ce customers get 7 days, se get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an mmo franchise.

At any rate, i love this game. I love bw. But i truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out.

Banteel
12.13.2011 , 02:42 PM | #6323
SERIOUSLY! FAKE OR NOT, it leaves one asking, if the GDs didn't launch us users into the server in waves, we would all be in another thread called "WAITING TOO LONG IN QUEUE" and crying about how yours is over 24hrs of waiting time in line. If you had access to the weekend beta you would know this.

I will be waiting along with all of us like the rest of us.

LOL the 99% reference was funny, there must be a parody somewhere lol
"Do not try to be one with the force. You are just one with the force."

el_pinko_grande
12.13.2011 , 02:42 PM | #6324
This thread rules. I'm really, really enjoying watching you people suffer. The only way it could be better is if I were in the game already, and was opting not to play simply so I could watch people in this thread.

Tieaces
12.13.2011 , 02:42 PM | #6325
Originally Posted by kinegos
this isn't a troll, and isn't exactly qq although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that i've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other mmo games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, i just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, ea/bw - what exactly are you afraid of?

The only way this should have been done is to have given all pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. Ce customers get 7 days, se get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an mmo franchise.

At any rate, i love this game. I love bw. But i truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

I truly hope you improve, because this is a very very poor way to start out...

JJBee
12.13.2011 , 02:42 PM | #6326
Quote: Originally Posted by Shmzng View Post
http://www.own3d.tv/#/live/42146

on athene's live feed you can see alot of servers say "Light" population.

/sigh
Strange.. Maybe that's one of their "plan"

Manipulation sux :P

Gibbee
12.13.2011 , 02:42 PM | #6327
Quote: Originally Posted by _Tarkus_ View Post
I can't understand this. I thought early access would be much faster. It's the first day and only who pre-ordered in July (and not even all of them!) were able to play? I didn't expect it to come to September already, but come on, at least allow everyone who redeemed the code on July to play. There are some from that month who still aren't able to play I believe?

What would the ones that pre-ordered in November-December do then? Play on 19th?! This is going too low. I understand most people pre-ordered in July, but you didn't even let that "month" fully in the game.

Also, the waves shouldn't end now, there should be more waves per day, at least 8, or allow almost double the people to get in each wave.

The beta had so many more people and it was an incredible success, no lag and no crashes what so ever, at least in the latest builds. I'm disappointed.
7/28 here..still waiting

MagnumCougar
12.13.2011 , 02:42 PM | #6328
Quote: Originally Posted by JoeRides View Post
FTFY.
That sounds like an excellent plan.

Shinlee
12.13.2011 , 02:42 PM | #6329
Originally Posted by nightrogen
EGA drinking game:

1 shot of hard liquor:
- When someone begs bw/ea to let them in
- Someone complains that BW/EA is a horrible company

2 shots:

- someone writes a pointless letter to said corporation
- someone posts a futile hope that there may be more waves today

3 shots:
- someone cancels preorder

5 shots: someone ends existence over this

You will be drunk in secconds i dont think you would have enough liquor ... lol

Teh_Mario
12.13.2011 , 02:42 PM | #6330
BioWare, please BAN all these impatient children it's getting ridiculous.

Are you angry you didn't the invite yet?
Are you angry that you overlooked something that has been stated everywhere?
Are you angry about BioWare's little extra-service they provide you with?

Answer: Go play with a rubber ducky, bad boy/girl! Now go to bed, go watch a movie or do something else while having your phone set to vibrate when you get a e-mail.
"Most epic NOM NOM EVAR!"
[/CENTER]