Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Should there be ways to boost critical chance when crafting?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Should there be ways to boost critical chance when crafting?

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
08.01.2013 , 08:36 PM | #1
I've been thinking about this for a while....what ways would work, if any, to boost crafting speed and critical chance. I suppose one could run the normal gambit...perhaps buffs, or clothing that would help. But I think that's pretty tired.

I'd like to look at help from legacy and perhaps in game locations.

First, how about a helping hand from legacy?

Legacy based crafting boosts - Unlocks that can be purchased, at certain legacy levels, that can improve crafting time, amount of queued crafted items and critical chance. I would suggest three unlocks. The benefit of the unlock would increase as affection increases.

1) Crafter level 1 - Ability to craft up to 1/2/4 additional items per crew member in crafting que based on affection level.
2) Crafter level 2 - Reduces crafting time by 10/25/50 percent based on affection level.
3) Crafter level 3 - Increases critical chance by 10/20/40 percent for blue items, 5/10/20 percent for purple items based on affection level.

Now, how about in game locations? I was wondering if the usefulness of workstations, as well as certain areas in the world may be used to give natural crafting boosts....

Workstation - Allows you to craft 1 additional item in que per companion.
Workstation on Home planet - Provides a 5 percent reduction in crafting time in addition to normal workstation bonus.
Workstation on Fleet station - Provides a 5 percent boost to critical chance across the board, in addition to normal home planet and workstation bonus.

This would give folks that have interest in "hands on" crafting, especially when trying to grind out blue or purple schems a bit of a boost depending on where they are located.

Any thoughts folks have on this would be appreciated....do you think it would be a good addition to the game, and do you have any ideas as to how those bonuses could and should be applied?

Thanks for your time.

Clarian's Avatar


Clarian
08.01.2013 , 08:40 PM | #2
Sounds good to me...I think you've mentioned it before, but a way to boost the chance to RE a schematic would be nice, too.

Or does that count as a crit?

LordArtemis's Avatar


LordArtemis
08.01.2013 , 08:51 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Sounds good to me...I think you've mentioned it before, but a way to boost the chance to RE a schematic would be nice, too.

Or does that count as a crit?
I'm not sure...someone else could probably answer that better than I can.

If I were to just comment on it, the RE process for the sake of this idea would be effected by a critical bonus naturally...so you would have a higher chance to hit a blue or purple schem when REing an item that you have crafted.

AlexDougherty's Avatar


AlexDougherty
08.02.2013 , 03:04 AM | #4
You can increase the chance of a critical in crafting by maxing out their affection. Also a high presence stat seems to help, so fing the presence datacrons (and the others too), and get a human to level 50 (+100 points to presence across legacy)
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Laendser's Avatar


Laendser
08.02.2013 , 04:46 AM | #5
OP, good suggestions, however, good luck convincing BioFail BugWare to implement them.

Amaranth's Avatar


Amaranth
08.02.2013 , 06:29 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Sounds good to me...I think you've mentioned it before, but a way to boost the chance to RE a schematic would be nice, too.
Agreed. I've always thought it would be nice if there was a legacy perk that increased your RE chance. If they don't want to tie it to legacy, you could have special items that increase your RE rate for the next item you RE (similar to the crit items in LoTRO). Just don't sell them in the CM!

Laendser's Avatar


Laendser
08.02.2013 , 07:58 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
...
If they don't want to tie it to legacy, you could have special items that increase your RE rate for the next item you RE...
Bespin Port. New Augments could be added to the game that would give a bonus to RE chance. Crafters could create RE crafting suits for this purpose.

But that would actually take a trifle amount of work and even worse, it would mean revisiting an already in-game system, so that right there is a big no-no in the eyes of the BioFail BugWare dev team. NEW gimmicks are the ticket, not improving on existing systems to make them more in-depth and diverse.

Quote: Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
...Just don't sell them in the CM!
Don't hold your breath!

hadoken's Avatar


hadoken
08.02.2013 , 08:01 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Laendser View Post
Bespin Port.
hah, I remember that stuff

Niklarus's Avatar


Niklarus
08.02.2013 , 08:32 AM | #9
I'd like to see higher RE chances tied to Legacy Level. Say, maybe an extra 5% chance for RE per every 10 Legacy Levels. So, at LL 10 you'd have 25% chance to turn a green into a blue and at LL 50 it'd be a 45% chance to turn a green into a blue.
Please support a Robust Chat System.

Referral Link

morfius's Avatar


morfius
08.02.2013 , 09:08 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I've been thinking about this for a while....what ways would work, if any, to boost crafting speed and critical chance. I suppose one could run the normal gambit...perhaps buffs, or clothing that would help. But I think that's pretty tired.

I'd like to look at help from legacy and perhaps in game locations.

First, how about a helping hand from legacy?

Legacy based crafting boosts - Unlocks that can be purchased, at certain legacy levels, that can improve crafting time, amount of queued crafted items and critical chance. I would suggest three unlocks. The benefit of the unlock would increase as affection increases.

1) Crafter level 1 - Ability to craft up to 1/2/4 additional items per crew member in crafting que based on affection level.
2) Crafter level 2 - Reduces crafting time by 10/25/50 percent based on affection level.
3) Crafter level 3 - Increases critical chance by 10/20/40 percent for blue items, 5/10/20 percent for purple items based on affection level.

Now, how about in game locations? I was wondering if the usefulness of workstations, as well as certain areas in the world may be used to give natural crafting boosts....

Workstation - Allows you to craft 1 additional item in que per companion.
Workstation on Home planet - Provides a 5 percent reduction in crafting time in addition to normal workstation bonus.
Workstation on Fleet station - Provides a 5 percent boost to critical chance across the board, in addition to normal home planet and workstation bonus.

This would give folks that have interest in "hands on" crafting, especially when trying to grind out blue or purple schems a bit of a boost depending on where they are located.

Any thoughts folks have on this would be appreciated....do you think it would be a good addition to the game, and do you have any ideas as to how those bonuses could and should be applied?

Thanks for your time.
There is legacy of crafting character perk - 3% crit chance, there is 5% chance from maxed companion affection (1% per 2000 affection), there is bonus to crafting on some companions, there is some ship droid sensors that provide crit also.

Major missing part here is RE crit, none of the above apply to it.
Legacy of crafting - will be good to extend up to 5% and apply it to crew mission also.
Stations will mean you have to sit and craft on overpopulated area, it goes against idea of companions crafting till you play the game.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."