Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game not fully downloaded

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

metwars
08.01.2013 , 08:08 PM | #1
Hi I just recently downloaded and installed the old republic using the new installer that was released on Wednesday. While it was downloading it was playing fine and I was able to play on the starter worlds with no problem. But when it said that it was done downloading and I was able to choose my other characters, it appeared that there were no textures there. When I loaded into the imperial fleet, all I could see was the background from there and nothing else. my character keeps on falling to his death over and over because there is no floor on the fleet to walk on. also a lot of my characters armor pieces are still missing. Bioware please fix this

Beruthien
08.01.2013 , 08:16 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
*Edit*
Please note that the post below only applies to the non-streaming launcher technology. If you are using the streaming technology instead, your launcher will say ST in the bottom left corner.

Greetings metwars,

Could you please delete the DiskCacheArena file in the client installation folder (default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor). After this run the repair function on the launcher. To run the repair log in on the launcher, select the cog shaped icon and then the repair function.

Please come back to us if the issue remains after this.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

metwars
08.01.2013 , 08:27 PM | #3
well, I did that but the repair button isn't activated so I can't actually click it

Beruthien
08.01.2013 , 08:31 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
*Edit*
Please note that the post below only applies to the non-streaming launcher technology. If you are using the streaming technology instead, your launcher will say ST in the bottom left corner.

Greetings metwars,

The repair function is only available once you are logged in on the launcher. Please ensure that you are logged in and then try to run the repair again.

Thank you!

metwars
08.01.2013 , 08:38 PM | #5
yea, I did log in but the repair button was still not activated

Beruthien
08.01.2013 , 08:40 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings metwars,

Could you follow the below steps exactly to see if they would help with the issue. If they are not followed in this order, the file may not execute correctly
  1. Open your task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and ensure all SWTOR and Launcher processes have been shut down.
  2. Go to http://cdn-patch.swtor.com/patch/Lau...lity1_74_7.exe. A window will open asking if you would like to save or run the file. Please select save.
  3. When the file has been downloaded, please copy the file to your install directory, the file is located by default in (if you have the client ionstalled in a different location, please copy the file to that directory):
    1. For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\
    2. For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\
  4. When the file is in your install directory, double-click on it, and select “Run” and then “Extract” when prompted.
  5. When asked if you want to “replace” files, say “yes too all.”
  6. Once the installation is complete, please try launching the game again.
After these steps, please check if the Repair option becomes available.

Thanks!

metwars
08.01.2013 , 08:53 PM | #7
no, the repair button is till not working

Beruthien
08.01.2013 , 09:06 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Is there some kind of a progress bar on your launcher after you log in?

metwars
08.01.2013 , 09:10 PM | #9
all that happens when I log in is that it says initializing, then after about 2 seconds its makes that robotic sound it makes when the game is downloaded and ready to play

OwenBrooks
08.01.2013 , 09:41 PM | #10
Can you post up a dxdiag - http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...507#post749507

have you tried simply running the setup from www.swtor.com/download back over the top of this install ?