Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 DPS Leaderboard (v2)

Kitru
08.01.2013 , 12:38 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by ConCube View Post
Can someone calculate what the DPS of a Dec/Inf-Sin would be like, with armordebuff and finisher below 30%? I hope someone do
I did the math for it here and here.

For the top Balance parse, the functional DPS, assuming it didn't have the armor debuff present, would be 3099.68 (2721.8 * (1+3.15% for Spinning Strike+4.59% for Mental Scarring) * (1+5.7% for armor debuff)). Assuming it had the armor debuff present, it would be 2932.47.

For the top Infiltration parse, the functional DPS, assuming it didn't have the armor debuff present, would be 2976.86 (2710.7 * (1+2.68% for Spinning Strike + 1.8% for Judgment) * (1+5.11% for armor debuff)). Assuming it had the armor debuff present, it would be 2832.14.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

xXsgtstinkerXx
08.01.2013 , 12:38 PM | #112
Yeah I thought a lot of people cut out the end time so didn't think it was a big deal..

Arch_Angel_Gabe
08.01.2013 , 12:46 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by xXsgtstinkerXx View Post
Yeah I thought a lot of people cut out the end time so didn't think it was a big deal..
It isn't a big deal IMO - Besides, it isn't like these records cannot be fudged anyway. How hard would it be to open up the log file in a text editor and merely add a hundred here, and there and maybe right here? Meh, we are on the honor system.

Falver
08.01.2013 , 01:26 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Arch_Angel_Gabe View Post
Unless I am vastly confused about what you are talking about, I believe this was pretty common in the previous version of this thread. Note post #18 here who ran the actual DPS thread before you. For those who are too lazy, this is the post
MisterMuse had his rules and I had mine. While you're cutting the endtime who's not to say you're not also "adding 100 here" and there. You're absolute correct that we're running on the honor system and here's my point: I want to see your log from start to finish. If you're taking the time to cut the endtime, I'm starting to think that you're doing something shady. I need to check these parses with especial scrutiny. I'm fairly flexible with the other rules, but manually rewriting your own log is something I will not condone.
The Harbinger
Claimed - Thirteenth - Falver
<Phobos> is recruiting to fill in multiple raid groups. Apply at http://fearphobos.com/

KTap
08.01.2013 , 01:39 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Falver View Post
Since you Handcuff and Stomach are the same person I will be taking Handcuff's higher parse.
No worries. One small error though, you keep putting Handcuffs on the OP there is no s!

Appreciate you continuing this thread though, must be a lot of work

odawgg
08.01.2013 , 01:56 PM | #116
MisterMuse had his rules and I had mine. While you're cutting the endtime who's not to say you're not also "adding 100 here" and there. You're absolute correct that we're running on the honor system and here's my point: I want to see your log from start to finish. If you're taking the time to cut the endtime, I'm starting to think that you're doing something shady. I need to check these parses with especial scrutiny. I'm fairly flexible with the other rules, but manually rewriting your own log is something I will not condone.
I see what you're trying to accomplish by asking for full parses, but I'm afraid it will really not have any affect on the end result, if a player is unethically altering his numbers, you won't be able to tell if numbers are altered just from if they cut out the ending or not...it's one of those "if there's a will there's a way" situations and frankly a bit sad people would even bother... You can dig deep and look for odd values in the parse.... But even that is no full proof way to monitor unfortunately...

paowee
08.01.2013 , 03:05 PM | #117
There are two ways to cute end times:

1.) Using torparse's tool (you change the "end times there).

2.) You open the notepad and edit the log prior to uploading it to torparse

Number 1 is acceptable and I just assumed this is what everyone was doing when "cutting the end times" for their parses. Editting stuff in notepad prior to uploading in torparse is the "sketchy" method lol
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Arch_Angel_Gabe
08.01.2013 , 03:25 PM | #118
I guess I have a different take on it. I feel that if someone was trying to cheat, they would do it more stealth like and not bring their parse to attention by editing the endcombat... IMO, I am less worried about Mr Universe parse because he is trying to inch the most DPS he can be editing the endcombat for when he wants it to end. If he was trying to be unethical, he would not worry about the end time and start add damage to all of his HIB's and Pulse Cannon's... That way the parse doesn't even look fishy in the first place.

I respect what you are trying to do, I just feel you should retract your statement about Mr Universe. You should update the rules to explicitly in regards to this. Maybe you already have? I checked about 2 hours ago and it didn't mention it.

Falver
08.01.2013 , 03:43 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Arch_Angel_Gabe View Post
I guess I have a different take on it. I feel that if someone was trying to cheat, they would do it more stealth like and not bring their parse to attention by editing the endcombat... IMO, I am less worried about Mr Universe parse because he is trying to inch the most DPS he can be editing the endcombat for when he wants it to end. If he was trying to be unethical, he would not worry about the end time and start add damage to all of his HIB's and Pulse Cannon's... That way the parse doesn't even look fishy in the first place.

I respect what you are trying to do, I just feel you should retract your statement about Mr Universe. You should update the rules to explicitly in regards to this. Maybe you already have? I checked about 2 hours ago and it didn't mention it.
The contents of his parse itself are not the issue. The problem is that there were past precedents of this sort of thing going on, and the most legitimate way for this thread to be run is for all participants to be using the parsing methods, hence why the rules exist in the first place. The reason Mruniverse got a warning at all is because of the past precedents (and the lawyers in here will say precedents do not equate to desirable) and because it was not in the rules before. It's one of the things that was on my mind and this is my way to resolve it. It was not Mruniverse specifically but if I saw it happening one more time I was going to explicitly state (and I did) that it is no longer allowed.
I can't make people record videos or have gearing profiles but I CAN require you to upload your entire combat log without tampers.

And your example of adding numbers, while I agree to some extent, is skewed. The existence of murder does not make stealing okay.
The Harbinger
Claimed - Thirteenth - Falver
<Phobos> is recruiting to fill in multiple raid groups. Apply at http://fearphobos.com/

Arch_Angel_Gabe
08.01.2013 , 04:06 PM | #120
And your example of adding numbers, while I agree to some extent, is skewed. The existence of murder does not make stealing okay.
It is only skewed if you explicitly stated the rules before he did it. Since it was considered acceptable from the previous thread, and you didn't specify anything about it in this thread, it cannot be equated with stealing or even an offense at all. Now that you have updated the rule (your thread, your rules statement) then you would be correct, if someone were to edit their log. You cannot retroactively apply laws, but you already know this....

This will be my last comment on the situation. Let the thread carry-on.